LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread šŸ³ļøā€šŸŒˆ

This would be great and something I didnt think about!

Though if they do, I hope its announced alongside a male hero. Gay/Bi male representation in a game this popular would be great. When I get home and really dig into the heroes, Iā€™ll be able to decide who would feel the most ā€œfittingā€ I suppose.

3 Likes

Iā€™m not ready for more LGBT heroes because tumblr is going to nonstop scream about it if itā€™s not exactly to their standards.
I just hope the one who is shown to LGBT is biā€¦ like meā€¦

Iā€™m not exactly one to wish for representation for myself because my self-hatred goes above and beyond, but sometimes I hopeā€¦

24 Likes

Hopefully this one can stay without getting flagged into oblivion. It is what they asked for, after all. :thinking:

This also might be something of interest to add to the OP.

3 Likes

Please letā€™s not have this be a thingā€¦

43 Likes

Donā€™t like? Donā€™t click. Itā€™s not for you.

50 Likes

It already is a thing, so you better get over it quick

25 Likes

Itā€™s what a bunch of people wanted. Hopefully it will diminish mass-flag spam and accusations that we flood the forums.

18 Likes

Thatā€™s respectable. I meant more on the scale of this being a complete firestorm in about 3 seconds. Good luck though.

Calm your toxicity.

11 Likes

ā€œtoxicā€ ok lol, not sure how what i said is toxic but whateverrrr

4 Likes

ANYWAYS BACK ON TOPIC

Who would you guys most like to see confirmed as lgbt? And who would you like to see them with? Obviously blizz wont outright confirm relationships but this is just for fun.

3 Likes

But then how would they complain about it if they didnā€™t go out of their way to click on it? :joy:

I think someone already beat you to it

I dunno, seemed pretty aggressive.

9 Likes

Besides Moira I think itā€™d be fun to see Rein confirmed as a gay man. I think a lot of people have a really degrading view of gay men, that they canā€™t be traditionally masculine, that not being traditionally masculine makes them ā€œless of a manā€, and it would just be a nice subversion of gay male character tropes.

32 Likes

I can assure you I didnā€™t mean it aggressively

Iā€™m not picky. My place mostly comes from ā€œmultiple LGBT heroesā€ being something the writing team reminds us of every Blizzcon. So long as itā€™s done tastefully Iā€™m not going to be disappointed about who it is.

No canon ships, though. A thousand times no. That will only end badly.

8 Likes

IDC stop spamming, LGBT represents less than 5% of the population, you are asking for over representation.

53 Likes

At this point these comments are spam since they appear on every LGBT post regardless of whether or not those posts are actually spam.

13 Likes

lol. Tumblr is that way -->

29 Likes

Any lore would be nice, IMO. But I feel like they need to work on other heroes before Moira. As it stands, I feel like DVa has less lore than Hammond currently. Lucio is pretty underdeveloped too.

8 Likes

D.Va, Lucio and Zen are the Loreless Trio.

5 Likes