LGBT in Overwatch Mega(y)thread 🏳️‍🌈

I get the feeling we’re getting another Junkenstein comic? At least they’re consistent with that lore.

2 Likes

It’s hypocrisy. People want to preach if it deals with something they are uncomfortable with but ignore another if it doesn’t. These antilgbt threads should always be flagged as they are singling out a group of people

4 Likes

I hope so! I’d like a Junkenstein sequel of sorts? A brawl that acknowledges that the previous event happened but now Junkenstein is back again, with another revenge! Seems fitting, I love the cheesy b-movie horrors where the bad guy is killed but returns in 7 more sequels. So I’d like one more comic like that where the main brawl heroes return again and they comment on this. “Didn’t we defeat this guy?”

Though we’ll likely just get the same thing like last year? A small 1-2 page comic-thing that introduces new brawl heroes.

2 Likes

We are almost 2 comics behind from last year… last year we had Doomfist comic and Zarya/Sombra comic during autumn I think. Goddammit.

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I saw that one reddit thread where someone listed all the comics and it clearly shows we’re getting fewer and fewer. We’ve only had one this year and unless they plan on releasing 2-3 more by the end of the year, the pattern won’t look well.

I suppose we’ll get some new lore for Blizzcon, at least due to the new hero incoming. So there’s that.

1 Like

The new hero could be a complete bust lore wise like Hammond, though.

Prayer circle that the new hero is actually important to the main storyline and/or has lore that ties into other main storyline heroes.

2 Likes

but hey at least we have overwatch league…

3 Likes

I even like the OWL and I’m mad about OWL taking all of their resources…

Because at the end of the day, I don’t like it more than I like lore or actual gameplay that affects me. Alienating even those people that like OWL really isn’t a good direction.

4 Likes

perhaps, but everything was dedicated to promoting OWL. hero changed? its because of league. wasnt fun for the pros.

1 Like

I -really- hope she isnt the new hero.

1 Like

I liked the idea of Junker Queen when we weren’t sure if it would be her or Hammond, but now that we have Hammond I just want something relevant to the plot instead of Junker Queen.

2 Likes

especially after hammond.

Yep. Maybe they go wild and Junker Queen somehow ties into the plot suddenly, but otherwise that would be… two side characters (Junkers) that have nothing to do with anyone or any story at all. In a row. Seems like such a downgrade after a hero like Moira.

1 Like
1 Like

besides. you know who blizzard has in mind if junker queen is next. ever since she was revealed they havent shut up about her being next, how she has to be next. and their reason? junk waifu. meanwhile we get treated like we’re robot hugs or something.

Oh dear. Yeah, that’s the most important thing ever. Junkrat’s love life has to be explained (but only if it’s straight).

2 Likes

oh, im not referring to junkrat. they just want well endowed fan service.

Oh right. That too. Though I’ve seen the Junkrat thing as well.

1 Like

i wonder how much longer that lgbt and feminist thread lasts. it seems to be getting rather heated.