LFG Feedback So Far

It’s great.

Although you have to leave groups occasionally if you don’t want to play tank or healer all day.

1 Like

For sure. It’s just annoying when it happens mid game, which kinda defeats the purpose of using LFG in the first place. At least for QP.

I’m more interested in the long term effects of this system.

First game in it, I got plat for the first time on my main account, I’ve been playing on PTR so much I had no idea I was even that close. I have had games were we lost and the team stuck together and won the next match, most of the folks have been great, although I met one annoying ‘fake nice’ person.

1 Like

Problems:

1. Competitive LFGs does not show group rating, and/or does not make it clear whether you’re in range or not.
  2. LFG system does not care for the players region, causing high latency for the player on the farther region. (I had a mix of AU and SEA players in LFG)

Region needs to be ironed out as the ‘americas’ server consist of many dedicated servers in different regions. I recently joined a game, and even though it was a great game, I had no idea I was joining a game with 200 ping.

2 Likes

That’s my biggest complaint and i think they could make an easy fix. Just by adding a notification where the players are from or their connection is at.

The LFG should be organizing listings based on connection lag according to Scott Mercer. Did you jump straight into the LFG tool at launch? If so, the game client hasn’t had time to measure out pings for each of the different servers yet.

Love it! First time using it went on a 2 game winning streak and picked up a load of good endorsement too. But the fact I was playing the role I wanted in a comp o wanted. Yes please!

1 Like

Not really no. I went and played at least 3-4 games using the traditional queuing method before trying out the LFG tool.

I am still trying to understand how the group XP thing works, there are 3 colors that show up in SR range, Green, Orange and Red, now I am allowed to join all groups, but I don’t know if you are allowed to join groups you can’t queue with.

Does red mean the SR range won’t work for queueing? Or does it mean you are far from the group’s average but can still queue?

What does Orange mean? Does it means I am far from group average, or below group average but still OK to queue?

Green seems to be idea, but I don’t know if it’s OK to queue, or close to group average? Maybe it means you are slightly above group average… I don’t know.

Curious, well I guess report to the bug report forum if it is happening frequently.

Man i wished it was that smooth. Last party leader Louisiana and other members: Canada, California, Georgia and Texas.

Still closer than halfway across the world haha.

1 Like

It’s totally gonna consistently happen when players from different regions (SEA, AU, etc) join each other. In this case, players from either of the regions will suffer high ping. And in my case it’s the AU players who got connected to SEA server getting 200 ms ping.

It’s really more of an unintended behavior than bug though, as this was not accounted for when in development. Moreover, this problem exists way before LFG.

Well as I said, the LFG tool is suppose to provide listings based on connection reliability according to what Scott Mercer said here:

I believe they did say they left out a few features to keep it simple for now.

The fact that the incident I wrote still happens means either there’s a couple of missed metrics for the connection quality check, or just that the system is too centralized. For now I can write something like “[SEA ONLY] -GROUP NAME-” to make it clear that I’m playing from SEA server and looking for SEA players. However I still hope a decent patch can be implemented for this.

And that is a good idea.

It should be implemented and easily too. The custom game section does it, so it shouldn’t be a problem at all.