LFG failed because we’re hypocrites

I just don’t understand how a guild system is magically going to cure this problem.

The overall problem is people stopped using the LFG tool for competitive because they would just run into other groups of people that are coordinated at working together (maybe even a lil better).

So how would guilds cure that problem? You would still just run into full groups playing together with probably just as much coordination as you and your guildmates would.

2 Likes

you mean trying to play the game? why does everyone always want to leave communication out of the equation…like you take the extra step of preforming the group comp via the lfg tool…but then act like communication is no longer necessary…

fyi you could just be going against another team doing the exact same thing…im not sure why its always a 6 stack thats been playing for 2 years around here

2 Likes

More like LFG splinters the population, and relies on human nature to function.

What? I don’t get what you are trying to say.

A proper Role Q system would work the same way we look for a game now.
The way we look for a game now is if you want to play competitive you hit the competitive button and it automatically starts searching for game right?

A proper role q would work the same way.
Except initially it would have one more step. Choosing your role.
After you choose your roll, you hit play and the game searches for a game to put you in.

You get in the game, you play the heroes you want to play , the game ends, a new search begins ,easy.

If you want to create the whole team and stay grouped up with the same team all the time then lfg could still be an option.
Or just invite people to your group.
Some people want to have role q without staying with the same people all the time.

I’m not entirely sure where our argument is located.

To restate my question… Why do people think a Guild System is going to avoid the problems they believe the LFG function to have?

They go as a full 6 stack as a guild… They likely go against a 6 stack of another guild.

Maybe they decide to duo with a guildmate, they’re likely going to find another duo from the same clan.

Communication should always play a role in it all, and LFG or Guilds wouldn’t magically dismiss it… It would still be needed.

But yeah… How does a Guild system magically solve the errors of LFG?

Lol, I know what you mean, I just happen to have one extra step on top of that.

✅ [Role Select] Finalizing this concept

2 Likes

sorry i wasnt attacking “you” directly…i was actually trying to reinforce what you were saying…people keep citing the issues with the system whilst pointing to another system that would have the same issues

1 Like

The problem is that Blizzard actively discourages everything they try to promote, for a game that’s supposed to be about hero switching and team play it’s idiotic that the system punishes you for doing those very same things by costing you SR (and ultimate charge).

Match making needs an organic way of balancing teams that doesn’t require you to play against either a pre-made 6 stack or a group of individuals significantly better than you. Blaming the player base is never going to get Blizzard anywhere, and their half measures aren’t cutting it.

1 Like

Yeah, that could work. Anything is better than what we have now.

The only flaw I see in that image is “standard select” is unnecessary.
If you choose your role to be a flex , which means you can choose any role, then standard select is unnecessary because you would go into a game as a flex which initially is the same thing as standard (unlocked) mode.

LFG failed because we wanted role que instead of waiting 10 minutes to find a group to finally que and lose to a 6 stack of friends

2 Likes

here’s my idea to improve LFG

Also, we asked for LFG, but we really wanted guilds. Overwatch is for 6 friends not 6 strangers. And LFG participants are still strangers.

The LFG was a step in the right direction.

1 Like

More like because people don’t like having to abide by other, same status (player-Player) people’s rules and wishes.
Overwatch basically has 3 levels of Enjoyment.

• Low (to 0) : Solo Q- trying to win with 5 randoms who all just play for
    themselves while you try to fill and build a team
  • Medium : Solo Q - with either you not caring and also playing for yourself or the occasional teammate also caring
  • High : Good communication, Teamwork, Counterpicking. … ~ often found in propper 6 stack teams.

I think it was Cliff Terios who mentioned in his video that Overwatch can be the most frusttrating experience while also the best in a changing fashion.
You can find a propper team and have a great time, you can go through the helll that is playing solo and trying to build a propper team out of the randoms you are given… both coming with you being willing to compromise.
Or, like most people, you just sit in the mediocraty that is not caring about teamwork and communication unless you are the one in charge.

1 Like

Tbf, lfg doesn’t work cos the game gives you harder matches (uneven) when you stack 3 or more in a group.

2 Likes

LFG failed because the game systems, as designed, disincentivize teaming up.

Period, end of story, game over.

3 Likes

You got QP and arcade for that. I think people always say they shouldn’t take it seriously are those people who can’t climb anymore, and just use it as a defense mechanism for their lack of skill. It’s a game sure, but you’re playing on the ladder, the whole point is to compete and win as many games as possible.

I’m totally fine with losing if it was well fought and was outplayed, I can respect being beaten by better players. What’s annoying is people pulling out the, “its just a game” card, who can’t own up to bad play and have no ability or willingness to improve.

This game is, quite frankly, beautiful when 6 players are actually working together for the win. This isn’t like school/work where we need to be there, people chose to engage in a team orientated game and try to get the win. When you’re not trying to win, it just ruins the game for 11 other people. I’ve also met some pretty cool people in the process. But it’s people like you who ruin it.

I love how people make up excuses, like a group of 3 made from LFG is way different of a regular 3 stack made with friends.
“Oh we are going to put you against better people because we clearly made LFG to fail”

Yeah mate, its not an excuse at all :rofl:

MMR Systems only try to match you with same stacks on the enemy team. Period.
Stop making excuses and “magical” scenarios where the game puts you in disadvantage just because your group was made with the LFG. That doesn’t happen.

1 Like

In case you’re reffering to me; I meant any 3+ stack (lfg or regular) and I’m not using this as a salty “i can’t win” excuse because I never stack. I’ve probably stacked 3 nights out of 2 years playing, just prefer solo que even though it can be infuriating.

I can only speak for myself but anytime I’ve two stacked I feel like I played the easiest games I’ve ever had in ow and then anything more than 3 players feels like you get effed over and given harder games rather than “even” games.

Ow is the only fps game I’ve ever played where when solo queing I feel my team always (or at least 9/10 times) has the advantage as randoms vs a 6 stack. It feels like mm picks out heavy hitters who are searching against stacks.

I figure standard select keeps pepple from freaking out about losing “normal” queue, it also cuts down on DPSonly Tanks/Healers.

1 Like

Hmm, wait… doesn’t your description actually contradict your last point? Or were you saying that the idea of a good team doesn’t = the reality of easy wins?

In LFG, organized players started facing other organized players and risked losing. The feeling of being on a good team that they built wasn’t enough when they realized that they had a decent chance of being out-skilled by other well organized teams.

Ergo, people want a good team and they want an easy win.

In everyone’s mind, the choice they’d rather make is to solo-queue into a team and just have everyone listen to their views on proper team comp. Then proceed to stomp the enemy team that obviously must be filled with unorganized players and off-meta heroes. In there minds, they should be able to repeat this process and have it work at least 80% of the time so that they can climb out of their rank. When this doesn’t happen, everyone starts getting toxic despite having the tools to avoid it altogether.

In truth, it would probably be better to just build your team, work with them, lose against people better than you and beat the ones you guys are better than, until you reach your true rank (assuming everyone is doing their best on their chosen heroes).

The issue is that people like things easy and doing that would mean that people would have to admit that they’ve reached their limit and no one else is to blame and that is a hard thing to face for many…

True but this sounds more like a people issue. Many players like to leave the group after a loss because they want that easy win when in reality, they should learn how to coordinate together.

Above any other changes like 2/2/2 and etc, what I want to see is the Guild System they mentioned. Having a larger collection of friends/guild members that you can ping for a group would help a lot, I think.

Players could form LFG’s and start forming guild strategies/track each member’s strengths and post group up requests. This would help take out some of the guess-work and prayers when it comes to forming a group and may even make it easier to schedule practice runs/etc.

At a certain level, we all may be able to expect a certain “level of play” from a player on an individual hero (Comboing ults, blocking attacks, getting picks) but as we climb, team coordination only becomes more important. Solo Queue may allow us to dodge that a bit longer on the ladder but I think Blizz should give us the tools to start regularly practicing that with people, much earlier. :slight_smile:

That’s how I feel. I also want a “buff/rework” of the achievement and stat system. Instead of just private/public profiles, allow players to create “Guild Cards” displaying the stats they want to display. Let it be easy to tell what heroes a player enjoys playing and let it be visible in the Guild System. It would be like Free Companies in FFXIV, haha.

I don’t know what this is lol

Jeff said guilds aren’t coming.

this idea is cool.

We need a Player Directory :slight_smile: