[LFG] 9 wins = 3 Lootboxes, weekly

Well the descriptive answer is that lfg isn’t used for lootboxes. It’s for making friends, and finding a coordinated team. Adding lootboxes will make lfg just filled with people saying “just hurry this up, I need to get my lootboxes” rather than “so what heroes do you prefer playing? I like playing rein”

I figure it’s more of a “role-queue lite”, and as long as people are queuing up together in a group, and often locked into roles, they are going to ask about who plays what.

And that’s its purpose. You ask them what hero they’re good at in that role. If you cram in lootboxes that won’t happen. In fact it would make competitive lfgs LESS popular. People would just make quick play or arcade lfgs

It probably will happen regardless if there’s 2 minutes of queue time, and locked roles.

And regardless, people will be doing their best to win.

Three lootboxes for 9 wins for arcade and lfg will make the game tedius. Because you’re forced to play 18 games minimum in modes you might not wanna play but you have to to get lootboxes

depends. If you are a casual than sure.

but for me im happy to wait 5 minutes to get better quality games.

You don’t have to play a mode with optional lootboxes.

But the people who want the cosmetics(especially in events) will feel forced to play in lfg and arcade. 90% of the lfg names will be “farming lootboxes”

Okay, but who cares if that’s enough to get people to try out the mode.

And people can filter for more serious or less serious groups.

But how will the game be able to track which modes are serious and which aren’t?

I’m pretty sure most people will just use it once for the lootboxes then never use it again.

1 Like

The game doesn’t, the player can choose if they want to join a 2-2-2 with locked roles and voice required, or 6 flex spots group with no restrictions.

There’s a filter button for this.

People can and will troll with it. Make bait that says that we will be grinding lootboxes and make it 2-2-2 and then throw when they have a full stack

How’s that any different than throwing in a normal game?

When people find out they can do that, people will make more bait lfgs. Thus causing lack of trust in the system and they will never use it again, not even for the lootboxes you suggested

So because some people can troll, similar to trolling in normal games, there’s no point in the benefits?

That doesn’t make any sense.

What I’m saying is that it is easy to exploit

Just because it has the same flaws as normal games, doesn’t mean it’s unworkable.

Personally I find lfg is fine already. I don’t need lootboxes to use lfg

I don’t find 5 minute or longer queue times to be ideal.

Or only 3 groups open at a time past 8pm pst.

In one of those most populated skill ranks.