šŸ“„ Lets (try) to fix the game! (Again!)

i have made a similar post before, in which i make a list of all the heroes and give them the changes i belive are needed. this is all my opinion and is up for discussion so dont come raging at me

Other threads in the series:

Lets try to fix mercy

Custom games

Tutorial

Competitive

Note: all the heroes that were not mentioned are because they dont need changes!

TANKS

Orisa

• Increase Halt range from 7.5 to 10m
  • Decreased Fortify cooldown from 10 to 8
  • Reduced Halt cooldown from 8 to 6

orisa is not really that bad, but she suffers a bit from beeing dived, this changes should help orisa be able to control her space better

Reinhart

• bugfixes

Winston

• Increased barrier health from 600 to 800 (save for the future)

Winston has been struggling a bit to dive heroes like hanzo due to how much damage they do, the increased barrier health helps winston beenig able to block more damage with it to kill the target

Wrecking Ball

• Ammo increased from 80 to 100
  • Added to the list of ā€œchargingā€ objects when going at max speed after using grapple, if he were to collide with a Charging rein, Rocket punching Doomfist, Running bob, Bashing brigitte, etc he will be knocked down and knock down
  • Activating Adaptive shield While beeing hacked cuts the hack los (Only counts in the initial activation, not the shield duration)
  • Adaptive shield prevents hammond from beeing frozen, and reduces slow down effects by 25%

He is not bad, he just needs some little buffs to bump him up a bit, especially outside of OWL

DPS

Ashe

• Fix her bugs, other than that, She is good
  • Fix the console-aim assist with dinamite bug

Bastion

• New ability, E shield on a resource meter

Maximum uptime: 4s
Recharge time: 8s
Health: 500
Bastion cannot shoot while its active

This gives bastion a skillful ability tied to his survivability but the unability to shoot while the barrier is active would make it meaningless during pirate ships

• Ironclad increased from 20% to 25% damage reduction

Doomfist

• Sesimic slam distance change revert

• Both when doomfist is activating his ult, and preparing to land, he is a projectile coming from above the middle of the inner ring of his ultimate, Where he can be stunned, sleep darted, hacked, Etc

• Doomfist sesimic slam now pulls targets to him, But their movement is not restricted, rather than how it is now that they only get launched upwards slightly inestead of beeing pulled, meaning they can fight it and reduce the pull by HOLDING S actively

• Fix his 5000 bugs

Hanzo

• CUrrently hanzo isnt really a problem mainly due to goats, But if here were to be a problem after goats is gone, Maybe the following change would help:

• Arrows now have ā€œfar shotā€ effect, dealing an extra (1-2?) damage for each meter they travel, base damage reduced to 100

This is to encourage hanzo to fight in longer ranges, where he is suposed to be, inestead of playing close range sniper

Junkrat

• Grenade projectile size increased from 0.2 to 0.3

This is to adress junkrats inconsitency, currently, theres nothing encouraging junkrat players to aim since his projectile is incredibly small and unreliable

• Maximum mines placed at a time increased from 1 to 2

This helps junkrats put a trap somewhere and still be able to use his other mine for mobility or defense without losing his trap

• Trap charges increased from 1 to 2
  • Maximum mines placed at the time increased from 1 to 2

This also combined with the other change help junkrat be more defensive if needed, helping him hold 3 lanes of a point at a time, 2 with his mine/trap and the other with his primary fire

Mccree

So, im not much of a mccree player, but i really wasnt sure about the fan the hammer changes, so im going to give my own idea

• Fan the hammer replaced for ā€œAmmo switchā€

0 Cooldown
Switches to the next ammo type
Reloads the gun

Ammo types: (note: this are mostly ideas, not really thought of them that much)

• Anti armor
    35 base damage
    55 extra damage when hitting armor (unnafected by its effects)

• Richochet rounds
    As name implies, Rounds bounce
    Base damage of 35
    Damage increases by 10 for each bounce
    Bounces until hitting something Bounces up to 3 times

This gives mccree more flexibility, without buffing fan the hammer, who in my own opinon is a ability that limits his kit

• Roll now gives mccree I-frames for its duration

• Mccree may now roll during High noon

Another possibility is just to revert the FTH change and give him a passive that resets roll on headshot kills, for example, But any buff has to be SKILL BASED, to not make mccree broken

Mei

• Cryofreeze regenerates 50 ammo per each second in it
  • Mei wall size increased by 1 pillar
  • Allies can see placement of the wall before its placed

mei is not in a bad spot, shes really good in fact, shes the place where all the off meta heroes should be, Not bad, but off meta

Pharah

(Note: Most of these changes are PC oriented Only, Not console)

• Health reduced from 200 to 100
  • Armor Shields increased from 0 to 100

this helps pharah be less reliant on healers, allowing her to hide under cover and regen some HP

Another idea:

• New ability Bound two: Spacebar (pressed twice)
    Boosts pharah 6m to the direction she is currently heading towards, cooldown of 6s

This gives pharah a little bit of aerial mobility to be able to be able to juke her attackers, while keeping it under a skill-based cap to not make her OP,

• Pharah can now cancel her ult by pressing any button

This makes her ult a bit more flexible and less of a press q to die

Reaper

• Right click ability added, Ill proceed to say some ideas i came up With:

Smoke Dash

Reaper turns into smoke, becoming invulnerable and dashes forwards 12m over the course of the next 1.5 seconds,

Cooldown of 6 seconds

This helps him close the distance a bit more, while still keeping the ability with some risk to it not make him blink arround the entire battlefield like tracer can

Double Shot

Reaper fires both his shotguns at once, consuming 4 ammo but dealing damage of both shotguns at once,

No Cooldown

This gives reaper a good option to fight against armor, and gives him an ability to brust down targets if needed, it consumes 4 ammo so it doesnt replace his primary fire

Smoke bomb

Turns reaper invisible inside it, 15-20m range, Obscures vision completly from the outside, Disables lock-on abilities (Mccree / soldier ult, Turrets, etc)

Cooldown of 10 seconds

this gives reaper the ability to engage easier, and be able to escape as well

• Shadow step replaced by a ā€œsmoke formā€ like ability that turns reaper into smoke, making him invulnerable and letting him get free flight like mercy during valk for 4s, cooldown of 12s,

Soldier 76

• Allow to reload while sprinting

This gives soldier a little bit of a boost in speed to help him escape and more utility so he can come back to battle

• Biotic field range increased from 5m to 10m
  • Biotic field duration increased ffrom 5s to 8s

This lets soldier support his team if necesary, and gives him more freedom of movement while healing himself, further separating him from mccree due to his self sustain

• Tactical visor now makes Helix rockets Home in targets

This is a small QoL change for soldier to make his ult a bit better

Sombra

• Primary fire damage increased by 0.5 - 1
  • Ammo increased from 60 to 80

Sombras damage is a little bit low, this should help her be a little bit stronger in ladder, as currently she is only strong in OWL

Symmetra

• Teleporter Uptime inreased from 10s to āˆž (or atleast double the amount that it is now)

Symmetras teleporter is not only her only mobility, but her defining ability, having to turn and replace the teleporter every 13 seconds is unecesary

• Symmetra can teleport regardless of her current state, including, sleep, stunned, Etc

Symmetras teleporter is very stationary. Therefore i think this change, that was a thing when she was on PTR, should come back, due to its limitations

• Turret max quantity increased from 3 to 4
  • Turret charges increased from 3 to 4

This gives symmetra a little bit more map coverage

• Her ultimate applies 50% speed reduction to enemies that pass through it and 50% increased speed for allies who pass through it

This gives symmetras ultimate a little bit more utility during her ultimate

Torbjorn

• Turret health increased from 250 to 300

His kit trades the incosistency of his primary fire for the reliability of turret, Reducing its health just makes heroes who he is suposed to counter have an easier time with it

• Turret cooldown reduced from 10 to 5

Same thing as above, this makes his only reliability to be destroyed all the time, while still keeping some downtime, but not too much like its now

• Overload duration increased from 5s to 6.5s
  • Overload Armor gain reduced from 150 to 100

Torbjorn is stuck in the overload animation for atleast 1s of its duration, this acts to counter-act that, the armor reduction is to move it to his base HP

• Torbjorns armor increased from from 0 to 50

This results in torb having a little bit more health and not be so relaint on overload

• Torbjorns Ultimate pool size increased slightly

it is too easy to avoid in its current iteration

SUPPORTS

Brigitte

• Whip shot applies a ā€œcrippleā€ effect to the target it hits, disabling all mobilty abilities and passives for 2 seconds,

This helps brigitte control heroes with mobility without adding more stuns, and still keeping it to a skillshot ability

• Shield bash procs inspire

Since shield bash isnt as strong, its fair that it procs inspire as well, it can help situations for when brigitte is beeing defensive or low on health, pull out her shield and bash, getting some health back while turtling behind her shield

Mercy

Change resurrect to anything, Literally anything its so problematic atm. Some suggestions are the following: )(Note: Im not going much into detail because i could probably take up a full thread with mercy ideas, i might make a followup thread)

as a passive

• Mercy can heal her dead teammates souls and bring when their back on full hp they get revived,

As an ultimate, Mass rez

You knew it was coming, its just a suggestion, dont come to my house and kill me, Add a few Los checks, small cast time, and damage resistance, and done

as an ultimate (not mass rez)

She can build up single instant rez charges for arround lets sayā€¦ 800 - 1000 charge each, and stack them up to 5

Just remove it

This is my least favorite solution, but if they refuse to get it back into an ult, or get it out of an E, then might as well just remove it

• Possible R ability?

Health boost; Increase HPS from 50 to 80 for 5s on a cd lf 15

Note: in all the examples where i get rez out of E, it would be replaced by another ability, maybe a lesser-valk or smth

NOTE: i made a follow up thread for mercy specifically, If you want to read more, head Here

11 Likes

Can you clarify on this?

Iā€™m not sure what the difference is on theseā€¦

1 Like

my bad, the 2nd one is meant to be halt!

1 Like

what makes you think you are fit to suggest balance changes? I donā€™t understand.

1 Like

What makes you think im not fit to do so?

i can suggest things if i want to, whats the problem with it?

suggesting things is what helps the game move forwards, with no feedback from the playerbase, the game fails

2 Likes

I never said you arenā€™t. But I think if you arenā€™t at least GM you donā€™t know how the game works yet and you canā€™t really suggest balance changes with that limited game knowledge. Just a thought.

Devs listening about the cries of gold and plats is what turned this game into what it is now. Only a few good changes here and there like getting rid of mass rez (and even then they replaced it with the most boring ultimate imaginable) which were suggested by pros and the avg players are trying to revert those as well.

1 Like

Sure! Iā€™ll play along.

Doomfist

• Delete from game

Soldier 76

• Make him great again

Brig

• Delete from game

Doomfist

• Delete
  • Delete
  • Delete

Spamzo

• make him not kill EVERYTHING

tell that to all the OWL coaches that are mostly low ranks

Seriously, you dont have to be a GM to get how the game works, you just have to be smart and understand the game

beeing good at playing the game doesnt instantly make you good at balancing the game, and vice versa,

the pros are JUST as biased as the playerbase and they have shown this again and again, so they arent gods either,

Now be real and actually suggest real changes inestead of deleting all the heroes you dont like

i have my group of hated heroes too but i didnt not ask to delete any

3 Likes

some of theses arenā€™t bad but you want to buff some heros that seriously need nerfs. For example, pharah is outright scary if uncontested, she can literally run the match. so saying she needs to be stronger or more mobilty would make an already hard target if harder to take down. I also sounds like you want torb to have his turret up all the time. if that was the case no one would ever get past a choke which is already hard when a well placed turret keeps picking of your team with a shield in front of it. Iā€™m just saying not every hero needs improvements and this list makes it sound like instead of buffing a few and perhaps nerfing some others you want everyone to be OP.

For torb: Not all the time, maybe increase the cooldown to 15s after my idea of having the cooldown on placement inestead of destruction,

the problem with the current torb is that the enemy decides when your object is on cooldow inestead of you, You throw in the turret, for 1s it shoots because you misplaced it and that turret is stuck thre and dead

just saying, that it makes it horribly inconsistent and annoying and torb doesnt need nerfs, his pickrate is very low too

FOr pharah: she is not that good reallyā€¦the hitscan buffs have made her a nightmare to play because she just gets destroyed so quickly

Now that i think of it, i should add maybe some other stuff that isnt balance like comp, etc

eh i dont have enough of a graps for that yetā€¦maybe ill edit it later

yeah but with torb that makes sense. yeah itā€™s annoying when your turret gets destroyed but that means you have to be carefull where to place it. right now you can move it after a couple seconds as long as itā€™s not attacking. if you destroy it yourself the wait is shortened. thatā€™s why that option is there. destroying the turret is usually one of the top priorities of pushing and then you work so hard to get it down only for torb to drop another right away. Sorry, but I donā€™t want to go up against that.

Also, Iā€™m sorry but the simple ability to fly gives pharah a huge advantage as sheā€™s really the only hero that forces your entire team to look up instead of focusing on the literally every other hero in front of them. she takes out half the roster just because they canā€™t reach her. thatā€™s the trade off. high risk=high reward. being countered by a decent widow is the risk and high damage output is the reward. also if sheā€™s pocketed sheā€™s even harder to kill

Consider this though

• Destroying the turret literally just puts it on cooldown again, same thing as letting it get destroyed,

and also

if you misplace the turret, it will literally shoot at anything in los, if it shoots for 1 milisecond then thats it that turret is dead because your not replacing it anyways, might as well keep it there and have it shoot inestead of losing it for another 10 seconds,

Essnetially you knwo what it does?

it punishes me for throwing the turret, wasnt that the POINT of the new torb?

Pharah is a controversial thing so ill let you have that

honestly, I think torb is in a really good place right now. If utilized correctly I think he is really strong, especially when he does his mini ult thing and is impossible to kill. Sure he has his weaknesses but every hero should have their strengths and weaknesses. The truth is the rework was meant to make torb less reliant on babysitting his turret and put him into the fray. His turretā€™s health was nerfed so that it was easier to take down and he can put it back up faster than he used to be able to. You just have to be more aware of placement. Poor placement should be punished but itā€™s not really punishing you. Youā€™re still able to fight, youā€™re just not getting the auto-aim damage for a little bit. Iā€™m going to say we donā€™t agree on this but, to me, itā€™s just a matter of a little more situational awareness. Also, I think the whole point in being able to toss the turret is so that youā€™re not spending half the match walking to high ground to set it up.

The problem with that isnt that he is strong during overload

the problem is that overload is your ONLY good ability, its EVERYTHING all the other DPS have with a few others thing stacked in a single ability,

From making torb too ā€œreliant on his turretā€ (notion which i disagree with) they made him too reliant on overload, and took too much power from the rest of his kit

also, 1s of overload is taken up by the animation of rising your arms, and if you use your secondary fire at full, you spend the last second reloading,

While poor placement should be punished, if the game doesnt give me something to tell where such an important construct will land, then im forced to guess and literally have half my kit missing from the next fight if i missplace it

the auto-aim damage is part of torb. his weapon is essentially junkrats and its REALLY hard to control properly, the turret is meant to counter that, as be your opolar oposite

Yes but throwing the turret means that most of the times its facing backwards, meaning it will take half a second more to fire and that can be the difference between killing that tracer about to kill your mercy

it also doesnt tell you where its going to land, so its much more risky to throwthe turret, it pretty much ends up having to walk there and put it when you have time

1. Thatā€™s just a slightly less powerful hack
  2. The whip cooldown is way too low for this
  3. No.
2 Likes

Its meant to punish mobile heroes, after all mobility is rather out of control in general, and it ties a counter to a skill shot,

its a less powerful version of hack without the autoaim, for half the duration

I think she crowds out other tanks because she can do everything pretty well and simultaneously. Letā€™s say enable exclusivity between MM and DM. She can burst, or she can block, but not both at once.

She suffers really bad from having a tiny niche. I like the Halt changes, but I think Fortify (instead of having a shorter cooldown) should be metered. Itā€™d give her greater reactivity to CC, which means sheā€™s a little less vulnerable to being baited out (though bad Orisas would probably still use it as prior). Just would make her more dynamic

Mostly agree, maybe a small ult charge nerf (mostly reducing Ult Charge gained from Fire Strike)

Long term results of recent changes TBD, but I think heā€™s close enough to fine that he can be left alone for now

Definite not in agreement here. Winston is in a pretty stellar spot right nowā€“maybe not as good as Reinhardt, but heā€™s meta in DOATS and does very well within his niche, which isnā€™t as rare as Orisaā€™s. If he received changes, Iā€™d prefer they go to Donkey Kong mode rather than his barrier.

Change 1, sure. Change 2, Iā€™d rather direct-impact damage of Piledriver be increased (to 120), but drop-off remain the same (more rewarding to skillful play, and meshes with his playstyle a bit better). Change 3, sure, adds counterplay in both directions. Change 4, Iā€™d rather the range on it either be extended to 10 m

Yeah

Yep

Iā€™m gonna say no, and that Bastion needs a rework (I know! The horror! I said the R word!). But seriously, Ironclad is kinda a stupid ability to begin with and should be scrapped. I do think he should get the barrier back (and, actually, almost exactly as you described it, slight number tweaking aside), but it needs to accompany a more comprehensive overhaul.

Not incredibly opinionated, these seem okay to me

Change it so that he doesnā€™t get Swift Strike back after dealing 1 damage for the Elim :roll_eyes:

I personally despise the idea of reverse fall-off (which is what this is). Whereas normal fall off encourages enemies to run away from you to reduce damage (basically allow you to pressure them), reverse fall-off encourages them to run at you. Basically, you invite them to pressure you, rather than the other way around.

No, the only nerf Iā€™d propose for Hanzo is to tighten up the amount of time he has for Storm Arrows. It should be rapid fire, with fairly little time to line up shots.

Again, not super opinionated, but the primary fire change is fine. Not as sure on the other changes

Nah, letā€™s see how he does here soon. Heā€™s fairly well designed, and aside bugs with FB and the overall cruddiness of High Noon, I donā€™t think he needs addressed anywhere

Please, donā€™t buff Satan!

but seriously, these seem okay. Maybe not 50 Ammo for Cryo, but like 30 is fine

See comments on Bastion. I like the aerial dash idea, but Pharah needs more extensive work. Armor for her isnā€™t a great idea IMO, and the ult cancel is OK but doesnā€™t actually make her Ult betterā€“it still sucks, she just can choose to ult for 0.5 seconds then cancel rather than ult for 0.75 seconds then die.

This is the best one, I think. Maybe not turning Reaper invisible, but the general idea of a smoke grenade is good

Iā€™mā€¦ torn on these. Maybe? I donā€™t know.

Heck no to damage change, and for the second change, maybe decrease it but donā€™t remove it.

Instead, letā€™s say small damage threshold on Hack (like 5-10 damage) and Stealth (say 15-20 damage) within a short frame to prevent le random DVa bullet from knocking her out of her abilities, but to still allow counterplay by shooting her.

Ult change seemsā€¦ kinda random. No to more turrets for sure. Teleporter up timeā€¦ Iā€¦ guess?

She probably just needs another rework with a specific niche intended, rather than trying to do some of everything

Iā€™ll trade Turret Health for a faster deploy time, but otherwise sounds pretty good

Yeah

Loathe I am to say itā€¦ yes, she is. Now the scrubs that play her while having 8% accuracy, on the other handā€¦

Shield Bash proccing Inspire isnā€™t a huge buff, since the vast majority of the time, sheā€™s going to immediately follow up on it with primary or Whip Shot. I donā€™t think Whip Shot needs the crippleā€“honestly, Iā€™d take a 1.5 second cripple on Shield Bash instead of the stun if they take the cooldown down to 6 seconds.

Bionade is too powerful. Reduce healing blocked to 67% (2/3)

Needs a rework, too much to get into just here

Yeah

Maybe small utility as well, IDK what tho

Yep

well about the ā€œid rather reworkxā€

i prefer to avoid reworks at all costs

we know how symmetras, torbjorns, the old rework for bastion (which started of leaving him like even worse than before) mercys etc

im only up for minor ability reworks at best, (of the ones imentioned) like the mccre one, or the reaper or mercys

Torbā€™s rework was actually good, it just needs some number crunching to bring it the rest of the way up to speed.

Mercy and Symmetraā€™s reworks were abject failures, admittedly. But where there are fundamental issues with a characterā€™s kit, it is better to rework them rather than try to number-balance them, because then youā€™re just working with a bloated but fundamentally bad kit. See: Sombra (before infinite invis changes), DVa at various points in history, Junkrat prior to the series of nerfs that dumpstered him, etc.

With the exception of Mercy, reworks have only ever been aimed at heroes with relatively bad base kits, and rather than taking the obvious solution of rectifying the kit (which is what they actually tried with Torb), Blizzard took a more convoluted approach of just shifting around power within a doppelganger kit (Symm, Bastion).