šŸ“„ Lets (try) to fix the game! (Again!)

Upping his Rounds will have him be able to widdle targets down better

This is my first time referencing a streamerā€¦ I dont typically do it. But I have to reference Ragtagg here. Before you try to fix anything, you gotta pick an audience. Who is this for? He had a point, they included everyone, and now theyā€™re trying to make it for everyone, but thatā€™s not going to make casuals or competetives happy.

So before you decide how you want to fix it, you need a goal. Else, youā€™re just spinning knobs and throwing levers and hoping for the best.

personally, i think that the goal should be towards those who can play their hero to an individual level at their best in a realistic enviroment

meaning no OWL
but no real specific rank either

1 Like

You had me there haha.

Iā€™m in the casual camp myself, but Im pretty easy going. If it were balanced around comp Id be cool with it so long as I was still enjoying myself.

I think youā€™re saying the game should let you play who you want, and it should be fun at your level of play. OOF that sounds hard. Reason I say that is look at Mercy right? Lot of people who canā€™t make headshots while flying through air like Mercy because they can be VERY effective without having to do that kinda CSGO stuff. And im not calling people out, check my profile, Im one of them lol. But I think the existence of that kind of character angers elite comp players.

I dont wish the challenge on anyone. But I think itā€™d make their job a lot easier if they sided one way or another. Just my opinion though.

im saying that the game lets you play what you want

But to get the best out of the character, You gotta git gud with that specific character,

thats just it, if yo uwant to play widoweffectively, you have to aim

if you want to play mercy effectively, learn how to priorize healing, etc

no specific ā€œbalance towards x rankā€

1 Like

Tanks donā€™t need more damage.

Also, thereā€™s no way in hell that McCree should be able to roll through damage: When he gets stuck with a pulsebomb that literally explodes on him heā€™ll be fine. Heā€™ll be able to roll through a nuclear reactor exploding. And other nonsense burst damage he shouldnā€™t live through.

Ammo types are always a neat idea, but I think it should go on a completely new hero. Maybe even a support who can give the types to allies.

I like the soldier changes. They sound like welcome additions that donā€™t reinforce power creep.

And Iā€™m not quite certain why this isnā€™t a thing already.

Atleast hammond does, he is incredibly underpowered since the bug fixesā€¦

He atleast needs some sort of protection, maybe increase roll cooldown back to 8,

Small bump :slight_smile:

I actually think it would do her only good. Melee based characters are always tricky to balance in a shooter (the only reason Rein is balanced is because heā€™s unique with his moving rectangle imo) and I think itā€™s also part of the myriad of reasons why Brig has seen such aā€¦ errā€¦ turbulent history.

I think the main issue with Hammond is that heā€™s just way too difficult (and atypical) to be able to compete with the other tanks. Why would you choose a hero that requires a good knowledge of in-game physics and rather pinpoint accuracy (he does good damage when you can aim well with him) when most other tanks can do similar (or more) damage without those requirements?

Also, funny thing about Hammond: he works incredibly well in FFA on Petra. Weird, eh?

I updated some changes, id really like to hear more.opinions on this ideas

Wrecking Ball

• Primary fire damage per bullet increased by 1

1 damage increase per bullet would mean a 25dps increase. Heā€™d literally be able to kill a tracer within a second without headshotting.

Bastion

• New ability, E shield on a resource meter

Maximum uptime: 4s
Recharge time: 8s
Health: 300

• Ironclad increased from 20% to 25% damage reduction
  • Ironclad during ultimate increased from 20% to 35%

This would make Bastion among the tankiest heroes in the game. A 300shield of 4 seconds with 8 second downtime is practically a pocket brigitte repair pack as an ability. Also, the 15% increase in damage resistance in ultimate would make him essentially a 405 health tank that can heal and shield itself consistently. A more regenerative Orisa with 6x the damage.

Doomfist

• Both when doomfist is activating his ult, and preparing to land, he is a projectile coming from above the middle of the inner ring of his ultimate, Where he can be stunned, sleep darted, hacked, Etc
    Most ultimates in the game have some sort of negative drawback. Be it not being able to use certain abilities, to be slower, to have a big animation time, or in Doomfistā€™s case, a landing time. Itā€™s an essential part of his balancing.
  • Doomfist sesimic slam now pulls targets to him, But their movement is not restricted
    They are already CCā€™d. A CC in both a pull and a slow or trap would make it among the strongest CC abilities in the game.

Junkrat

• Trap charges increased from 1 to 2
  • Maximum mines placed at the time increased from 1 to 2
    This combination allows Junkrat to place traps on top of already trapped heroes, resulting into a stunloop. With his damage output, that means death even for tanks.

Mccree

• Anti armor
    35 base damage
    55 extra damage when hitting armor (unnafected by its effects)
    This would make McCree a tank/Brigitte buster. A 90 damage bullet he can shoot at 3 bullets a second.
  • Richochet rounds
    As name implies, Rounds bounce
    Base damage of 35
    Damage increases by 10 for each bounce
    Bounces until hitting something
    In close quarters, this is potentially an instakilling round he can shoot 3 times a second.

Soldier 76

• Sprint movement speed increased from 8.33 to 10 m/s
    This would make him faster than Lucio speed boosting.
  • Biotic field range increased from 5m to 10m
  • Biotic field duration increased ffrom 5s to 8s
    This would give him nearly the healing range of Lucio. 8 seconds of 40 healing a second would be a 120 heal increase, potentially healing an Orisa from 0 to full. For a core dps hero, this would be completely out of his field.

Symmetra

• Turret max quantity increased from 3 to 4
  • Turret charges increased from 3 to 4

A 40 dps increase. Sheā€™d be able to kill a Tracer in less than a second. I donā€™t think I need to explain just how powerful that is. Besides that, it would give enemies more targets to worry about, making them more occupied with higher health turrets.

ā€“
I could keep going for a bit, but you get the point. And I didnā€™t even address the new skills.

Tracers mobilty is so huge that she can get out of range easily, this shouldnt be aproblem

Bastion is a very stationary hero, and due to his stationary nature, it makes sense that he is tanky, doesnt it? heĀ“s very stationary, and seeing how little brigs shield lasts having 200 hp more, bastions wouldnt last more either, its more aimed at blocking mportant projectiles like a hook, or a pharah, or stalling a tracer from killing you, Orisa has anti CC and CC abilities to control her enviroment

I may remove the 35% ironclad off the ult just because of the shield, becuase now that i see it again it might be a bit too much

pherhaps, but in reality, the ult is pretty much un-cancelleable, letting it be canceled would help in making it stronger so they can stop it before it comes

That is what its intended to do, You can hold S and cancel the pull by walking back, its an essential part of his combo

This would require the junkrat to literally be standing next to them as they get trapped, and it would be a waste of a trap, with his huge damage output, why do that when you can just kill them?

he can shoot 2 bullets a second, his firerate is 2 rounds a second not 3, the extra damage only acts upon armor, and seeing how the current meta is, i think having more anti armor characters isnt bad

the damage would deal reduced damage to brig after her little armor is gone though, so he would have to switch rounds, leaving brig time to self heal a bit,

He does not shoot 3 times a second, It was mostly an idea anyways without much prior balancing so that one can be removed

LucioĀ“s amp it up is Aoe Though, and soldier needs some further difference from other hitscans, that beeing the capability of self sustain and retreat, also, amped lucio moves at 12m/s

Tracer has the mobility to escape the turrets, if she gets caught on a turret net thats on her, the turrets also still have little health, and the WHOLE point of symmetra is to have the turrets that slow them down, this provides more area coverage in general,

Man people seem to avoid this thread a lot :confused:

Would be less difficult to read if you removed blank entries, and had a Summary style above the formatted style.

Kinda like what I did on this thread:
šŸ“ Patch Notes for 2019, idea

Blank entries? You mean the ones where i say ā€œhe/sheā€™s fineā€

Yup, those donā€™t add much to the conversation.

Thereā€¦i deleted those partsā€¦

Maybe ill expand on more non balance options in the future

(And make a separate thread for mercy because god dammit a lot can be said about that hero)

I agree with most of these Ideas and I think that many of the heroes that you mentioned do need something although some others above me raised some pretty valid criticism, I think a lot of the ideas are good and pretty balanced. It is a shame that these kind of threads usually donā€™t do too well though :frowning:

Its pretty late for me so I will continue tomorrow but I will talk about the Phara changes now. I like the idea of changing her health, but I think that the armor should be shields instead. As armor shuts down a lot of threats that Pharas might have to worry about. Mainly Soldier and makes alot of supporting damage sources like Hammond, Moira, or Sombra that might also be helping kill the Phara.

I think making a portion of her health shields makes her better against chip damage and helps when flanking away from healers while also not making sustained very ineffective against her and especially a Pharmercy combo.

Part of me feels like maybe we should just nerf heroes to make others stronger, but I donā€™t really know. But anyway keep up the good work and I hope this thread does get some more attention :slightly_smiling_face:

Fun fact

This Was my original suggestion, but i went for armor inestead since shes often under direct fire

Or with a pocket merct

1 Like

I made a whole separate thread for mercy specifically since shes such a controversial topic, i linked it on the mercy section if anyone is intrested