Let's talk - tanks

Orisa: I think her super charger should automatically reload her gun as soon as its activated. It would make using it more flexible as she will no longer have to worry about her clip being ready for whatever is about to go down. I’ve also noticed that she’s a bit longer than her shield when inside it, I think those blind spots are an unnecessary weakness in what’s supposed to be a reliable shield. I’ve heard that that’s is fixed on the ptr, but if it isn’t then my opinion still stands. I also think that the knockback resistance that Orisa and D.va have while shooting should be an official feature.

Reinhardt: gone are the days when Doomfist is a Reinhardt counter and considering how much Brigitte bullies the poor knight: melee stuns shouldn’t stun through barriers, or at the very least let Reinhardt keep his shield up.

Back in my day, it was a fact that a Reinhardt that drops his shield for a whole second in the open is a dead man, and tank busting has been buffed since then. Brigitte players should have to wait for an opening against Reinhardts, not the other way around.

Roadhog: I just want to feed less.

Junkrat: I think he and some other heroes would be better off if he was a tank (Yes, I’m serious).

Additional note: I think there should be more tanks that prefer range. Most tanks are only effective at close ranges, and it limits the versatility of the role and makes them sometimes fall victim to counters as a group instead of individually. To start, I volunteer Junkrat for this role, as mentioned previously.

1 Like

There’s another thing I didn’t focus on. I think your suggestion is a good enough QOL of life change that could improve her flow.

Something else I should have mentioned was a passive that blocks ult charge or something.

1 Like

I’d make Hog’s first 150-200 hp be made out of non-feeding adaptive shields, or give him as passive that accomplishes the same effect with less blue.

True, but really i can`t really think how would D.va or Hammy would be affected by it, a simple knockdown would hit them too hard considering how big they are even while lying on the ground, so maybe they will just bounce off her like 10m back.

1. Reinhardt needs the same “weight” while holding his shield as D.va and Orisa have while firing their weapons.

2. Orisa needs 100% movement speed when firing her weapon while Fortifiy is active.

3. Wrecking Ball needs a 12 second cooldown on Adaptive Shields and the delay between casting Adaptive Shield and activating Adaptive shields removed, as well as one of either A) a 1.5 second reload B) 100 ammo or C) 6 damage per bullet.

4. Roadhog needs the second line of sight check removed from Hook and a tighter weapon spread.

5. D.va needs +10 damage to Boosters and the melee bug removed from Boosters.

6. Winston needs the delay between casting Primal Rage and activating Primal Rage removed.

1 Like

why do people keep saying this

they’re both main tanks but they have completely different purposes and roles

that’s like saying that rein can replace winston in dive because they’re both main tanks

it’d be nice if hammond’s mines activated like .5s earlier or something

But the problem is that rein is just flat out better than Orisa in general - the niche she does have isn’t useful enough. Hence the comparisons.

Personally, I wouldn’t like it. It would feel clunky.

2 Likes

The problem is that the other heroes in Bunker Comp (Roadhog, Mccree, Symmetra, Junkrat, etc) simply aren’t that good right now.

1 Like

orisa compositions were better than rein composition during owl (in the pro scene anyways)

the fall of orisa has to do with the rise of goats; being a stationary tank is bad when the enemy will just press w and delete you with a lucio deathball

2 Likes

My most played hero is Wrecking Ball this season, dozen+ in 4.1k.

I honestly think he’s fine other than…I want his Adaptive shield to activate the instant I press it. Is it a bug that it’s delayed or intentional that it takes like an extra second for it to activate? It’s so infuriating seeing it go on cooldown but get 0 shields. and another pet peeve is that Adaptive shield needs line of sight check from barriers. u can piledrive but if a rein holds m2 your 6x shield is suddenly going to be 0x and get only 100 extra shields.

I don’t think he needs more ammo, or damage, or lower cooldowns or god forbid cc resistance (because he feels very oppressive if you don’t have any cc on the enemy team)

As for other tanks; Orisa, Zarya, Dva and Winston are extremely fiine. Reinhardt is fine as well but he feels very…unfun despite him being very balanced.

Roadhog: needs changes which are coming apparently

1 Like

With the new Torb ult, I feel like we’re setting up for a meta where area control will be more important. In the past, the tank game has been about playing that sumo match against the enemy tanks, working to create the best angle/space for your team.

Rein-v-Rein is the best example, if you know what I mean, and it operates on many levels. You’ve got firestrikes to farm ult or hit low health heroes in the back, you’ve got barrier management, awareness and team coordination, when to swing, when to move in, all the little tech points like firestrike cancels and shield hopping… it’s actually a very strategic way to play the game, and has a lot of components that I really enjoy and have never found in another game.

I would hate to see that ruined by some dwarf just lobbing magma over my head and ruining all the space I’ve been working to create for my team. But maybe it won’t be too bad.

What makes tanks fun to play in OW is that they change the way that normal shooter games are played. They’re the core of the teamwork components of the game. If you want to really learn the game on a heavily analytical level, if you want to engage in the teamwork aspects, if you really enjoy the strategic and tactical components of the game… then tanks are your thing.

You want teamwork to be countered with better teamwork. You do not want a (correctly called and executed) team play to be counterable by a single hero. At the same time, the tanks should not be so strong that they can ignore their role and just play deathmatch.

1 Like

Tanks I don’t play enough to comment on: Winston, Zarya, Roadhog. I do think Roadhog needs something though… just have no idea what.

Reinhardt: Not sure what to do with him to be honest.

DVa: Still not really a fan of where she ended up. She’s felt like a chunky flanker to me ever since her rework. I really wish they’d revert her to how she was right before her megabuff, then add her missles on her E again but make it so taking any other action besides walking and jumping interrupts them.

Orisa: I think she’s got two compounding problems. Where you set up shop is very important and you don’t have an easy way to reposition. To the end of helping with #2, I’ve seen a passive thrown around called “Gallop” that increases her move speed by like 50% if she’s not done anything or been shot for a few seconds.

Hammond: Confirming kills as him is not the easiest thing in the world. I think this is on purpose because, to me, he feels like he’s the tankiest, most mobile tank in the game right now.

However I did notice something that I think is deserving of a QoL buff. At one point, I’m trying to kill a squishy, I’ve just run out of bullets, they’re really low, and are outside of melee range. “No problem, I’ll roll up to them and punch them.” I roll up, push melee… nothing. What? Why didn’t that put me in walker mode and punch the fool? It’s not a big thing, but it’s annoying.

Oh i almost forgot bout that one on the old forums, but the Idea was she gets double speed if she wasnt using any ofensive abilities fortify and shield wont interupt it.
But that kinda only be usefull to make a quick return from spawn or to catch up with faster teammates.
So now i honestly more think that she just need a speed level of Tracer and Genji, seriously she has 4 legs and a wide step she can easily keep up with them.

Well, it would also help with the “Bastion Problem”. Bastion is one scary dude but after the first time going in and not knowing where he is… you know where he is and he’s a whole lot less scary.

Similarly… Orisa is pretty darn scary… but once you know where she is, she’s probably not going to move so you can take all the time you need to get around to flank her. It isn’t as much of a problem for Orisa because she’s less boom or bust than Bastion is, but it is still a factor. Gallop could give her the ability to reposition between fights and make it harder for her enemies to easily bypass her.

That is not directly her problem but people who plays her, i never stay in the one spot too long and constantly change position along side with the barrier, also i see a lot of players for some reason staying on just one side of the barrier wich also a big mistake that commonly taken as her weakness, if you simply strafe and dance around it you can easily outplay and kill Reaper or Tracer who oftenly counts as her biggest enemies.

hmmm, I might be playing her slightly wrong then. I do barrier dance but I do have a tendency to plant myself somewhere and stay there.

Issue is, she does lack the kit to move, especially under heavy fire. Rein on the other hand can just keep moving forward.

Considering Fortify makes Orisa 100% immune to CC, I fail to see why it wouldn’t apply to the slow effect from her own weapon as well? Being able to retreat at full speed while firing would be a significant benefit to a character who has to constantly back up vs a Reinhardt, and her lack of survivability is largely a matter of her poor movement.

Well its good thing to share it for some fresh look and find your problem eh ? The other thing i oftenly see is that people for some reason really greedy with halt, its meant to use along side barrier dancing to always keep your targer on the other side, yet so many Orisas i encounter just wont use it for some reason :I