Let's Talk About RoadHog Changes (With Examples)

Before changes:
6 shots x 150 damage over 4.2 seconds. 900 damage

After the changes:
5 shots of 175 damage in 4.25 seconds. 875 damage

This means that the total damage and the time it was applied did not change.

BUT each shot has become more powerful, but we shoot less often. That is, we used to do 300 damage for 1.4 seconds, and now we do 350 damage in 1.7 seconds. For destroy Brigitte shield we want old fire rate, for example

The developers explained with their decision that they want to strengthen the Chain Hook Combo. And they really did it. Only the implementation raises … questions.

So, for example, if you have a CD on Chain Hook, then you would prefer the old rate of fire if the character is at least a couple of meters away. Also breaking Sym / Torb turrets has become more problematic.
Instead, we got the ability to break the Zarya Bubble with a shot and Melee, which is also cool and sometimes necessary. Well, the possibility of killing 200 Hp at close range with the same combination. We also got the ability to kill Ana (before it was more of a miracle), simplified killing Sombra / Moira (these characters could sometimes survive), simplified killing 250 hp people, as well as the ability to kill even Brigitte and Torb.

Separately, I would like to note that the new rate of fire feels VERY hard and for quite a long time roadhog players will not play very effectively when they have hook on cd

1 Like

I think it was a nerfish.

Because those people who knew how to 1/4 step were confirming their hooks just fine. So, having less ammo is a nerf there.

On the other hand, you have sightly more leeway to get in a non hook headshot.

I think the people complaining about Hog just were against pretty awful hogs, who were wiffing their hook combos.

No one who understands hog was whiffing them.

I think hook has changed though, giving him an easier time of squeezing it though tight spaces, and that is where the real buff has been.

I don’t hog much, since, playing tanks make me cry, but, I’m landing hooks where I was not expecting to.

Still ultra hard with ana.

And the goal is not always easy to kill. There is not always time to step. the target is not always in a convenient position for you (for example, being on high ground before the target was much HARDER to kill) and if it is on your head (doomfist)?

So this is definitely a buff hook and nerf primary fire.

However, roadhog already dominates mainly due to hook, and not primary fire. It’s a matter of time to get used to it

oneshootes without hook are rare and not worth considering. just happening. Ultra random

I’ve not found that… I gotta be the only person who hasn’t had trouble confirming Ana hooks.

But, I had a lot of practice with my Son, since we took turns being the Hog and Ana in practice games to get it right.

I don’t Tank much, but he does.

Yeah ok, but, most dooms are not that crazy. You do head uppercuts you have to be either crazy, or REALLY good.

I DO however rate doomfists which can pull that consistantly.

Doomfist loves the high ground. and not only him. And when the goal is on your head, then … a headshot is out of the question. Also doomfist likes to use rising appercot. And even if you catch him, there is a chance that he will be too high and you will not reach his head.

If you played Oldhog it is a return to a more methodical, measured playstyle than Spamhog. The DPS is slightly less, but it feels good.

1 Like

Oh, the fact you can uppercut a person with your feet is a HELL of a trick which god like doomfists can use against you.

I don’t play vs them much, so I don’t see it much. I am ALWAYS impressed when one does it to me… I’m like, not even mad :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, RoadHog is not Widow to keep your shot on a better target. You shoot at the shield and look for a target for Hook, but at the same time making it so that the ammo is for the kill.

I think that’s what Flankhog is for and why Hogball is played. I’ve got the Hog throw or win to a science. Destroy the shields or go around them or make them turn.

I see this as the second option and not the main option. Moreover, this cannot be done on an ongoing basis, at least on High Rank. And for Flank Hog, nothing changes and even improves - he dropped Hook, pressed Heal and ran away.

What is much worse is that now it takes longer to finish off the enemy, as well as to break the shield, for example, brigitte.

At my mediocre rank, I probably survived 50%(or better) on getting hooked as a full Sombra.

I only played for an couple hours post patch, but that percentage is going to go way down.

I think it’s a good change for the bulk of ladder, don’t think it will ultimately help him much at the top levels of play, but he needed something.

Hopefully being more consistent will help, cause I silently groan every time we get a Hog. It’s bad enough I’m running Sombra, a team doesn’t need two of the worst heroes in game on the team.