Lets talk about Eyes

Specifically, Torbjorn’s eyes.

In Santaclad, he has both fully functional eyes like so:

yet in reflections, he has an eyepatch over his right eye that got shot out:

so which is it? does he just have both eyes or is the skin technically not even finished

also on the topic, surf n splash has an eyepatch underneath the shades if you look hard enough. Theres definitely attention to detail so what gives?

inb4 someone says “skins aren’t canon” like YES we know… but Honestly it could have been an oversight… Ana had an eyepatch too and they include some rendition of it in all of her skins except her young ones. I didn’t realize they forgot it for the Santa skins until now

well yeah but young ana is like around the time she first joined overwatch or was in the egyptian military. when she was really young and didnt have her eye shot out then. When it did get shot out, her hair was already braided

This could just be a younger Torbjorn in a santa outfit.

Younger torbjorn is chief engineer lindholm. So why the longer beard here?

I mean
This is the future.
It isn’t completely implausible that hair growth is as simple as “Apply once before bed and enjoy [x] length in the morning”

But the most likely scenario is a Blizzard oversight.
There’s also a chance that there’s actually nothing wrong with Torb’s eye and he wears it because he likes the aesthetic? In addition to the little engineering monocle.
Who honestly knows, with how sparse Overwatch lore is right now?

He lost the eye 23 years ago.

Another skin with questionable features in game that differ from the comics is Symmetra’s Vishkar skin. In the comic, she has no left hand. In game, she does.

The skin could just be Torbjorn as actual Santa, while the comic just has him dressing up. It’s the same for the Witch and Mercy.

3 Likes

i mean, yeah. every skin is pretty much dress up. Unfortunately, the skin is called Santa-clad not just Santa. Doesn’t help that the skin description says that Torb dressed up as Santa. Meaning he still has the lost eye.

like, while i dont mind seeing torb with both eyes, can we all at least acknowledge that this skin has a visual inconsistency

1 Like

Ah, didn’t realize there was a description for that one. If that’s the case, then he should probably have the eyepatch. Just an oversight I’d imagine. Whoever designed it might’ve just thought of it as a silly Christmas skin and not something that would end up needing canonical consistency.

Correction. He lost his eye >20 years ago. White Dome only confirmed the loss of his arm. I felt it was implied that he lost his eye in the same event, but we were not explicitly told. However, it is gone by the time of the photo in Ana Origins, which was 20 years ago.

1 Like

During White Dome Torbjörn lost his right eye and right arm. During Reflections Torbjörn wears eye patch and mechanical arm, the same arm we see in Brigitte Origin where are him, young Reinhardt, Ingrid and little Brigitte.
Because Torbjörn wears also Santa Claus costume, you don’t see his mechanical arm in all its glory but its hand part.

Yeah but that’s 23 years after White Dome. We’ve seen him without it much earlier, like your Brigitte Origin short example.

We don’t have specific confirmation on when he lost his eye, but you are right that it was likely during White Dome.

1 Like