Let's talk about Brig - then mercy again

I mean, there have been 900 posts about Mercy today alone, and we all know kiriko and ana are busted and practically mandatory at the moment. We get it, and i’ll let you get back to arguing which support is the most broken at the moment, but…

Can we take a second to give Brig some attention please? Lowest pick rate in the game, literally worse at every aspect of supporting, most of the time you get yelled at for picking her even before the game begins.

Yet her kit is SO FUN to play, and so different from all the other supports. Changing her ult will not move her out of F tier. PLEASE, let’s give her some love, and then you guys can get back to arguing over which of the 3 must-pick supports you love the most.

19 Likes

I get the feeling Brigitte is like borderline viable and Blizzard is just waiting for some changes in future with her ult. By the sounds of it it seems huge as a change.

The 300hp did make her feel a little better to play. It doesn’t seem as if I have shield down as often.

6 Likes

As long as the ult still has the longest charge time of all the heroes, it will make 0 difference. And I frankly think giving her a kiriko level game-breaking ult is a huge step backwards for her and doesn’t fit her at all.

Her repair pack healing should be doubled. 110 heal on road hog is laughable. And, she needs some minor CC: Shield bashing should animation cancel someone for a split second.
At a minimum, if I bash a rein charge I shouldn’t also be knocked out so he can stand up and insta-kill me.

2 Likes

Once brig gets her ult rework i think she’ll be okay.

1 Like

Probably wont get any attention until they see what her new ult can do. Then its nerf time

1 Like

Praying the rework ult finally will give them some direction on how to make her work. I don’t know if the ult is gonna be what saves her but it will be a start.

1 Like

I know this is just a matter of opinion but I think she’s just not fun to play anymore. People make jokes about her being a Repair Pack dispenser in OW1 but that’s LITERALLY all she is in OW2. She used to be my favorite hero but picking her in OW2 just makes me depressed.

I miss Rally being a game changing ult, I miss hitting the 180 shield bashes on ulting Genjis and stunning Rein’s out of their ult, tbh I just miss being able to make plays at all with her. Now it feels like all you do is sit back, hit whip shot, throw a pack at whoever is low and MAYBE just maybe you’ll get to kill someone who’s out of position but even then it’s not the same since the devs completely destroyed the fluidity of shield bash and whip shot.

9 Likes

Sadly, by removing 1 tank and giving the remaining tank 30% ult charge given on heals or dmg, the charge rate of ults plummeted in the game. Its super routine for me to not see ults come into the game until like minute 1:30-2:30.

YOu largely play characters for their primary kits, not the power of their ultimate.

1 Like

we’ll have to see what the new ult actually is, but I’m also sceptical of it being enough. I’m hoping that she gets a few other changes, maybe some extra health or something.

Plot twist: Brig was fine all along, but other heros have over bloated kits.

1 Like

It’s just the latest in a long series of the Dev’s attempting to balance in the exact worst way possible. Brig’s ult wasn’t the issue, and making a strong ult that balances out the rest of her weakness is just going to make it worse.

NO ONE said "man, if only her ult was better she’d be a solid A tier hero. No one said that.

1 Like

Brigitte needs 225 HP minimum or else she will continue to explode the moment she tries to do anything.

I actually want them to lean harder on the brawler aspect. What if it’s ok that she has lower heals, but her damage should match that. mace should be able to crit, and shield bash should hit harder and cancel some skills. That’s really all she needs to be more of a factor in games.

1 Like

Brig is a shadow of her shadow, and there are some who unironically believe she’s balanced. She needs buffs badly.

1 Like

It’s a start-really should have looked at her E first but hey they did away with grantable shields which was rally’s whole thing.

1 Like

To be honest, I think she’d be in a good place if her health packs gave armor again. That’d be great in so many ways.

2 Likes

Soooooo true. I swear it’s got even worse too. Most of the time people are at least polite about asking you to swap, but sometimes people are toxic as hell just because you’ve picked Brig.

I think the only real thing that sets her apart these days is the fact that she has a melee weapon and a shield. I wish they’d revisit her abilities, not just her ult, and give her abilities some love - give them something unique and fun.

100% with you. Her heal packs just feel so weak, even when you spam all 3.

1 Like

I’d like to see Brig proc Rally from blocking a certain amount of damage with her shield. Maybe 50 damage mitigated with the shield = proc Rally? Right now her Rally uptime is not great. She has to take too many risks to get close enough to boop somebody, much less move in with shield bash and start wailing on folks.

The only way to get good Rally uptime is to frontline or go on a coordinated flank with someone like Reaper or Symmetra. Frontlining with Brig is often suicide. Flanking is hit-or-miss. And sometimes the flank Rally only helps you and your flank partner (if you have one).

People don’t feed Brig on the backline often enough for her to get good value playing warden for her fellow support. She can get some value playing warden for Ramattra in omnic mode or maybe Sigma since Sigma will usually keep himself out of trouble anyway.

buff brig and lucio plz

ok thats said. now back to the millionth mercy comment