Lets rework the forum punishment system (and other stuff)

I would like to contest to that

I got banned and i never recieve any emails and the game master ignored my questions, i wonder still if i was talking to a human

6 Likes

I doubt you were. If you try to appeal your ban you’ll get an automated message telling you to p!ss off.

The message is even signed “the forum moderation team” so that they can conceal the fact that whoever sent that message was a bot.

6 Likes

I got banned for 3 Days for saying that tanks are usless against sombra -_- For vulgar language. I suspected something happened Becouse i said a nasty word bleeped by some hearts in another comment. When i went to appeal the claim and get proven inocent, I had a question: What was the first game you ever completed? So i answered and it didn’t work. So i tried so many games after an hour i gave up. Wasted my time and energy, After that XQC gets banned for using a emote. So i figured that we will get punished for everything controvercial. I hope this changes

2 Likes

I swear, they didn’t sent me one.

Even the silence notif was really weird.

First: It said that I got silenced.
that was the first notif.

Then I get another that tells me that my post got flagged and stuff.

Atleast you knew why you got banned

I never knew

Regardless, even if you don’t get an e-mail, remember to always follow the forum Code of Conduct and the Overwatch forum posting guidelines to ensure your posts is not locked or deleted, and you are not suspended from the forums.

Now if you are banned or suspended in game (which revokes your forum rights), that is a different matter and must be handed in private with Blizzard.

2 Likes

Again, as i said in the original post

1 Like

While we’re at it can we please get the email with the appeal link default to the server the infraction was on. It’s kinda annoying trying to appeal, getting told that GM can’t help because it’s not an EU infraction, and then not being given the right link.

1 Like

My main issue is that there are toxic individuals that go around false reporting you if you don’t share their view on a subject and are the slightest sarcastic in your reply to them, even when it’s obvious to everyone that they are intentionally trolling. The net result has been you getting silenced and them going on as usual trolling away.

I heard they’re getting stricter on the false reporting now, so hopefully that happens less in the future.

1 Like

Here is the universal link, it will redirect based on your language and location settings on your web browser.

2 Likes

This

I suspect this is the reason i got banned

By disagreeing why a op somewhere in the world

1 Like

You can get banned for literally anything really, depending on what mood the mod that handles your “flagged” post is on.

Learned in the old forums that it’s of no use to try to make a joke or be the least bit funny because you might very well end up with a suspension because of it.

6 Likes

Hey you you broke this rule don’t do it again

Does it again

WHAT DID I JUST SAY!!!

1 Like

What details? I definitely got an email, but it didn’t actually say anything real. Apparently I was trolling/spamming by saying “git gud” in quotations. That’s all the information I was given, and I’m 99% sure the “reason” is automated based on the flag you received.

I’d like to be shown how “git gud” is against the terms of service.

That would be the details.

It is a harassment violation.

2 Likes

Ikr right?

A op once made a post about voicelind spam and someone responded with

“Cant stop wont stop” repetedly in a comment and they were banned

By all means i would have understood it if a mod approached them and told them in a friendly manner “hey i get this is a joke but try not to spam”

Not just a instaban

Discussing specifics of an action taken against you is against the forum code of conduct, so remember not to get too specific in this thread guys.

3 Likes

insert half the thread beeing banned here

I must be living in a different world here. Moderation team over on the WoW forums is slow to respond (if they even do) to someone blatantly breaking the CoC.

Make sure to thoroughly read the CoC. Yesterday there was a thread that got locked because someone was complaining about their silence they had recieved, or was seemingly asking for clarification. You can get in contact with a GM or email blizz asking for clarification, and from my experience with other various issues this has been extremely helpful.

I’m not trying to say wrongful bans don’t happen, but I really doubt they happen to the degree the forums would have you believe.

I would definitely like to have a warning email or popup or something for prior to being silenced though. That’s a pretty good suggestion for minor infractions imo.

4 Likes