Let's Revisit the Absurdity of "Hide and Rez"

So because you’re not going to, that means your answer is a “no”. Good to see where we all stand.

Yup. Hammered to death. And the discussion goes pretty much the same way as well. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I just don’t see what there is to gain from another thread on the same thing thats been talked about many times.
There are always going to be multiple sides to this topic and multiple opinions on it.
No one side is CORRECT as its all based on opinions at this point and feelings.
Hide and Res was a problem, we don’t know for SURE how big of a problem it was though as we have very little data.
All we can say is the developers thought it was a big enough problem to remove it (the ultimate side of it)

Basing your judgement on your own BIAS opinions and experiences isn’t a good way to argue anything.

I think it goes the same way because people aren’t willing to let go of their biases or challenge their beliefs.

Couldn’t agree more. That’s why a year and a half later, there are some poor unforunate souls still pining for mass rez even though it’s been gone.

Meh. I personally see this thread as a reminder that Resurrect as a whole is broken and should be discarded. If not, the second best option should be put into action.

Here’s the original statement I replied to, from Let's Revisit the Absurdity of "Hide and Rez" - #550 by Jimin-21586

“The strategy would exist so long as Resurrect, as a whole, exists. The only way to get rid of the strategy is to get rid of Resurrect. Now, since we know that they aren’t going to be doing that anytime soon, the next best thing after that is to advocate for a better version of Resurrect. In other words, one that works as an ultimate.”

I remain certain that it was more along the lines of a demand than advice

In a public forum, it is understood (or rather, tshould be understood) by all that the discussion is, well, public. Public forum, public discussion. As such, no such distinction need be made

Factually, It was addressed to the public, as are all posts in a public forum

Although the above is stated as fact, I find it to be an opinion, and I do not agree with this opinion

Factually, this discussion was started by the OP.

That said, I do not see any blame in that - starting a post does not bring with it anything I’d refer to as fault, unless the post itself violated the rules of these forums

Factually, the rights of forum users came up due to statements made in regards to my departure from this discussion or specific pieces of this discussion. I would refer you to those statements as the source of the perceived problem described above, as well as for any assessment of blame one cares to levy

I have covered this earlier in this post, as well as in earlier posts; and as such, do not deem this to indicate any incompetence on my part

Personally, I don’t care that Mass Rez is gone, and I know a lot of Mercys who feel the same way. What I do care about is that the reasons given ignore the real problem that still exists but has been washed over, the rework as it happened was complete garbage and people still think it was successful, and people think the resulting state of Mercy is completely healthy.

Personally I don’t care if Mass Rez was removed. I care that it was done so without putting anywhere near the effort into fixing it that was put into Valk, and Valk was scrapped in alpha for a reason (but “Blizz never reverts!”), the fact it went through 14 nerfs and a buff that half reverted the last nerf, and that as an entry support hero she feels awful and unimpactful even when she is having impact. She is balanced, but she’s far from in a healthy place.

2 Likes

I personally see rez as an iconic ability of Mercy’s, well balanced in its current configuration.

As such, i do not think it should be removed

Factually, that is not my answer

That said, one is entitled to believe whatever one wishes to believe of what someone says, whether factual or not; tho I personally dont believe thats a good habit to get into

Its either a yes or no. That is the only options when addressing a “yes or no” question. If the answer is that you wont answer, then it is a functional “no”. Your response is simply stonewalling and redirection.

2 Likes

Idk, isn’t that a little bit the point of a game like Overwatch? :o

Forgive me, but what exactly is the question?
I’ve went back a few posts and can’t seem to find a simple question, just confusing wording.
(i know its not directed at me, just curious)

I dont feel that the questions I was asked adressed the statement I made, and as such, I re-stated them.

If one chooses to interpret a response of “whats not what I said” as a “no” (or whatever), one can certainly do so, but I dont think it is a good habit to get into.

I have seen others refer to this as “putting words in my mouth”.

What they are trying to do is force a specific answer out of you, or otherwise silence you. I’m almost positive they were one of the people griping about censoring as well.

This was the question. Basically the spirit of it is if it is OK to want to silence and sabotoge discussion on a platform meant for discussion when you don’t agree with the topic of that discussion.

My stance is that I want people discussing with logic, reason, and rationale, including when their opinion differs. Quest and I disagree but can discuss things. I rather enjoy discussing things with him despite getting heated at times, because we’re both open to our minds being changed if presented a convincing enough argument. I want to see more of that, but this thread is mostly people agreeing with OP mad at the attempts to shut down or derail the discussion by those who disagree with the OP.

Edit:
Contrary to popular belief…

The goal is to sort out if its worth my time or if I’m wasting my time responding to someone who doesn’t care about selectively picking and choosing when discussion is appropriate based on a stance about the subject of the topic.

1 Like

Both are literally nothing along the lines of what you paraphrased. This is also still proves that you committed a strawman fallacy.

This is called denial. Unfortunately I can’t do nothing about that so I’ll just say, feel free to believe whatever.

I’m not repeating what I already said. Again, believe whatever. If you’re just going to deny everything, there is no point in me repeating what I’ve already said.

Reply: say something in response to something someone has said.

You quoted something I said and responded to it. Everything in the reply box with my quote in it is directly addressed to me as you are replying to me. Again, you’re in denial. Again, believe whatever.

Are you telling me that definitions aren’t one of the best forms of facts? That in itself is pretty ridiculous.

D E N I A L

Refer to the word above.

Refer to above.

Ok, I think we’re done here since you intentionally left out the part that is actually relevant to the OP’s thread; the explanation regarding hiding being incentivised. I asked you to refute it and you have failed to do so and have simply only replied since with “I disagree but I won’t explain why” (paraphrased). This discussion was a waste of time and I do hope that you improve your debating skills next time we have a debate. Until then bye.

Also, keep in mind that if you reply to this with the same nonsense you’ve been giving me for the past hours, I’ll only be responding with, you’re in denial”. Just saying

I do not care for your opinion. Do not reply to me with your opinions. Thanks in advance. :heart:

I personally find it odd that questions are being asked of me and my answers being presumed, while statements I have made have gone unaddressed

They are thirsty for an argument (look how tilted the guy above you is) but don’t really have one.

When someone starts a random discussion over a random quote they randomly decided to state and then persistently ignores the original argument at hand, I am understandably tilted. The one who’s thirsty for an argument (when they don’t have one) is the one you’re replying to so I’d appreciate it if you didn’t indirect like that. :neutral_face:

2 Likes