Let's Revisit the Absurdity of "Hide and Rez"

I think mercy is great the way she is right now, mass rez didnt bother me becasuse mercy hid, it bothered me because one hero, only one hero had the power to delete in incredible amount of work from existence, the ability was just too strong to have in the game and balance around.

Also one thing i dont get, if we know its not coming back, and blizz wont go back on the rework becasue some people think it was succesful and some dont, why even both putting this much time and effort into this? just seems like a waste to me, can someone explain??

1 Like

It comes down to the same end-result, tho - a healer incentivized to withhold healing, and behaving accordingly

What will you say then about slight change in that scenario: Mercy disappears, only when ults are being used? She is present during fight, but press Q, and she vanished.

As Mercy player, I don’t see any issues with any tactics, that bring victory. Especially ones, that are more about mind games, than pure firepower.

Although the above is stated as a fact, I find it to be an opinion, one that not necessarily all forum members will agree with

1 Like

Yikes. It’s like I jumped back in time. Using average healing per 10 mins to try and determine how common hide and rez was? So many unaccounted for variables etc etc. And all for what reason? To shine doubt on those that overrepresented how common it was? Only Blizz knows how common it was tbh. Using Overbuff healing averages isnt effective.

Seems like a waste of time to me. I had hoped the Mercy discussion had moved past this point. Alas, for some it seems not.

5 Likes

I would say that’s taking cover, and DPS players do the same thing. I’d say the jarring difference is, do I have to seek them out while my team’s ultimates are being used? Or do I have to actively seek them out before an engagement begins because she’s absent? And is she close? Is she in a place where she can quickly get back to her team if they need emergency healing?

Hiding behind a corner is not hide-and-resurrect, especially if enemy ultimates are coming out. Hiding in a separate area where you have to take a stroll to get back to your team is hiding IMO. I think the difference is also - are you trying to take advantage of the fact that you don’t need LoS? Or are you actually wanting to keep LoS to get back with your team and heal?

That’s the fun part - it’s all subjective. That’s why I’m not trying to state anything as if it’s a fact. I like Mercy this way, I know a lot of people don’t. I like more hands-on engagements and playstyles, and I felt the old one was too hands-off with ultimate. But I know that’s also other people’s cup of tea.

Depends from how capable other team is at stopping resurrect, since GA Mercy still could be sniped before reaching for resurrect. You wouldn’t want LoS against good DPS.

I would agree with that fully if GM also didn’t have problems sniping her. GA is a lot faster than people give it credit for, especially if you never know when she’s going to stop or who she was flying to.

Well I don’t care what all forum users agree with, look at the quality of their threads they put more work into things like this than anyone else

GA during Valkyrie had significant speed boost, yes. But hiding itself was more common at higher tiers, because good DPS could easily take care of Mercy, before she manages to use her ult. Getting stunned mid-GA was also a problem, as well as hack/EMP from Sombra.

Outright killing Mercy in flight wasn’t easy thing to do, correct. Flashbang, hook, or other means to interrupt Mercy and make her an easy target were more reliable.

Almost all Overwatch heroes have hands-on approach, and that’s boring. Those that didn’t, were reworked.

1 Like

Best comment I have ever seen.

Factually, if the devs decide to make an improvement to the current version of rez, they can and will do so

It is the right of any forum user to remain in any discussion they wish to

Factually, any discussion held on these forums is public, not p2p.

Anyone is as I understand it within their rights to bring up this or any topic as long as forum rules are followed in doing so

You are entitled to your opinion, but in fact, anyone with internet access can read this discussion, and anyone with a login can reply. As such, it is not solely a conversation confined to the maker of a statement and the person they make it to. This is a public forum. I emphasize the word public.

Factually, given the public nature of these forums, no such distinction is ever necessary.

All who wish to read, can read

All who wish to reply, can (with a valid login) reply

I do not find it misleading at all

Factually, the incentive was removed when mass rez was removed

I personally do not find it to be a good idea to claim that one does not care for the opinion of any others

Imagine thinking that matters, and believing these false threads…

The thread could have been closed for any reason, and opened again due to the reason being wrong. (flagged as trolling)
But flagging it as breaking the COC might close it again.

1 Like

Factually, if you post a thread trying to discuss Mercy you will get endless shade from people wanting you to not discuss it and will derail that discussion. This is not in the spirit of what a discussion forum is for, yet not seeing any complaints about that.

3 Likes

Like I said, “improving” Resurrect as an ability won’t get rid of the issues that “Hide n Res” bring as said issues become worse simply because Resurrect is an ability. I’d appreciate it if you could try to maybe understand what you read.

It’s advice. Staying in a discussion regarding an issue that you proclaimed to not even see only makes you a nuisance to the discussion. But sure! It is your right. Though I do remember a quote from Moira that would best describe this situation.

Like I said, you failed to make the distinction, that the opinion stated in the last paragraph of said reply was meant for everyone in the thread. Because you didn’t make any distinction, I went with what the website was telling me, that the reply was intended for me to read and reply to. Again, make yourself clear and then we won’t need to deal with such a situation.

And anyone is within their rights to refuse to discuss an opinion. I declined to discuss your opinion and hence why, under the believe that the opinion was meant for me as it was in a reply meant for me (with you making no apparent distinction that it was meant for everyone to read and discuss about) I told you that it’s best kept to yourself.

As are you. But I find it funny that you think your opinion is a fact. Sorry but no. Yours is an opinion as well. That and, this whole issue is because of your inability to make yourself clear. Take responsibility and end this discussion.

You sure do love arguing semantics. Either way, this is still your fault. Again, take responsibility and end this discussion. If you’re going to reply specifically to me with a random opinion and then say that it’s not specifically meant for me and then argue about the nature of online forums (which is also arguing semantics) to prove your point when again, the reply was specifically meant for me (as the website said that it was meant for me since you failed to differentiate between the part of the reply that was meant for me and the part of the reply that was just meant for everyone)you’re going to have to take responsibility for your own incompetence.

Why don’t we just end this discussion now?

I’d appreciate it if you’d finish reading the reply. Because of your inability to finish reading replies, you’ve skipped the explanation and have ended up just saying no again. Either read the explanation and refute that or I’ll just end up dismissing you as a severe case of denial.

Where did you get this information? As far as I’m concerned, after confirming with Titanium, his post was flagged for “spam”. You including a bunch of others are the ones accusing him of “spam”. He got reported for “spam” and was evidently given the not guilty verdict. Like I said, can you still imagine people flagging it even after a mod reviewed it and made it public again. And if you’re going to argue that it’s flaggable for a different reason, please do state and explain said reason.

No kidding. The Rework Mercy mains do not want people to discuss Mercy, especially if you don’t agree with them. They want you to read their misleading essays, shut up, and agree.

Not happening.

Factually, I have seen several complaints about that – I’d guesstimate well over two dozen of them in this thread alone

That said, I do not believe that the point made here relates to the point I was addressing

Actually you got that backwards. But its clearly not worth trying to engage.

Nah, I got it right the first time. Been at it since the rework, I know how these people operate.