Let's Revisit the Absurdity of "Hide and Rez"

Woohoo, we really really needed this thread, because it has never been fully discussed. :slightly_smiling_face:

no you didn’t. and now you are going back and changing what you said.

Still not, Justin. And I won’t change, just because you trying to twist my words.

And that’s just how she’s designed yo

There are of course weaknesses to not having burst healing but there are also advantages to having consistent healing

We can’t make supports good at everything

1 Like

We have to, since game is full of burst damage. Or accept, that hide & rez is here to stay, since it will be used as replacement for burst heal.

how is directly quoting what you’ve said side by side twisting it?

your first statement was “burst healing is needed so they don’t have to ult”

now its “burst healing is needed to be useful at all.”

you quite literally, are changing your argument.

No I don’t! Zenyatta is forced to use his ult, but somehow for him it’s ok, unlike Mercy!

so now its “its okay that zen is forced to ult for burst healing, but others should have a burst so they don’t have to.”

He already got higher damage, than most other healers. Trying to give him burst as ability would be broken.

You either give Mercy resurrect back as ult, and she is like Zenyatta, or give her some other form of burst as ult, so she doesn’t leave teammates to die.

I have already stated that this is not necessarily true.

Non-ultimate abilities have been changed many times in the game before, and some of the changes would be what I (and potentially others) perceive as improvements

Factually, no one is forcing anyone else on this thread to discuss anything.

Factually, I replied to the statement “Best kept to yourself if I’m being honest.”, which indicates that the person making said statement feels I shouldnt be discussing it. Nonetheless, I am discussing it, and I have the right to do so within the rules of these forums. It is up to each reader to decide whether they do or do not wish to discuss a given item.

The incentive I speak of (and have spoken of) is the incentive that mass rez provided to a main healer to withhold healing and let said healer’s teammates die.

mercy has more mobility than other healers and the ability to resurrect and the ability to power up damage.

I digress this is a non argument.

the fact that you have to change what you say and try to switch to other points shows your original point had no merit to it.

Mobility has no value, if it doesn’t keep team alive.

Factually, keeping a healing orb on a teammate is in fact constantly healing a teammate

Factually, it makes Soldier 76 a healer.

it keeps you alive, giving you the ability to keep your team alive. delayed healing is better than none at all.

mobility has been king in this game since day 1 to say it has no value is a hard reach.

2 Likes

a healer has the ability to heal at all times, not just on cooldown.

It doesn’t keep team alive, because it comes at the cost of sustaining team.

That’s why I would give up Valkyrie for mass resurrect any day.

Factually, I pick Zenyatta for healing

2 Likes

you can still heal and move at the same time. mercy has a huge range. to act as if she cant heal when she uses mobility is disingenuous.

2 Likes

That’s not enough healing, so stop pretending. It’s like giving Reinhardt 5000hp, but make all shots go right through him.