Let's Revisit the Absurdity of "Hide and Rez"

Or, they could, for once, give Mercy burst heal. Allow her not to rely on resurrect, as soon as healing stops being sufficient.

That too.

You can feel free. You don’t know my point nor even askedif I had a solution in my view because you have no respect fpt differing opinions, interpretation, or ideas.
Happy New year

2 Likes

I do not find that the one leads necessarily to the other.

A non-ultimate ability can be improved and yet remain a non-ultimate ability

Factually, this is a thread on a discussion forum.

Factually, the intent of a discussion forum is to discuss things

The difference is that Mercy’s current kit no longer specifically incentivizes the observed poor behavior

1 Like

I think that the heterosexuality in Overwatch is spam xoxo

As I see it, Mercy has the most steady healing - she doesnt need to have burst healing

Burst healing is needed regardless, so support doesn’t have to use their ult, as soon as their standard healing isn’t enough. For Ana, for example, it’s biotic nade, for Moira - healing orb, for Lucio - Amp-it Up ability, for Brigitte - repair pack. All of those temporary boost healing beyond normal levels, by a lot, to sustain short burst of damage.

I love the definition people have of spam.

I currently see two threads talking about how everyone blames dps, should I flag both or just the one? Because Lord knows we’ve had that discussion before about dps, tanks and supports.

4 Likes

An ultimate Resurrect would still be a less rewarding when it comes to “Hide n Res” and less tedious for the enemy team to deal with. This is because of how Resurrect as an ability functions. That cannot be simply changed by “improvements” and can only be changed with a rework of Resurrect.

Sorry but you cant force someone to discuss about an opinion they don’t want to discuss. This is why I said that it’s best kept to yourself. I simply do not want to discuss such an opinion.

I disagree. There is still incentive to hide. Me and Cleopatra have already went through the 3 main ones. Scroll up and you’ll see. There is always going to be the incentive to hide as long as Resurrect exists. This is why I continuously say that I’d rather have a version of that which is less rewarding, less effective and less annoying than one that is the contrary of the above.

1 Like

Data don’t mean jack if they’re not perceived in the right context.
Mass res seek n hide was proper for canceling wiping combo ults, the kind of damage that you normally can’t heal. So yea consider the gameplay first.

zenyatta has never needed it outside of his ult

1 Like

He isn’t designed to constantly heal teammates anyway. He is more like DPS, with his deadly orbs + discord.

so youre saying that when a healer has a utility somewhere else burst healing isn’t necessary?

Sorry boo. It can only be spam when it’s about Mercy :kissing_heart:

/s

I respectfully disagree.

I find that Mercy has the steadiest, most consistent healing, and that is one of her many strengths. I do not believe that she needs to be a burst healer in addition to being the strongest of healers in terms of consistency

2 Likes

I am saying, that healing isn’t Zenyatta’s strong point. He isn’t picked for healing, unlike other support heroes, which either have AoE healing(Lucio, Brigitte) or pump out a lot of hps (Ana, Moira).

Zenyatta is like DPS with defensive ult.

and burst healing isn’t mercy’s. shes picked for consistent healing at all times, rather than burst healing at needed times.

2 Likes

Zenyatta still has burst healing, in form of his ult, however. Mercy is only healer without one.

I stated zenyatta has never needed burst healing outside of his ult.

your point was burst healing is necessary so they don’t have to use their ult, yet you try to use zenyattas ult being a burst heal as a point.

you contradict your own argument here.

4 Likes

No, I argue that burst healing in any form is necessary for healer to be useful. Right now Mercy uses resurrect as burst.