Let Sombra deal 10-15% extra damage to hacked targets

Exactly what is an ambush again?

1 Like

I’m all up for some Sombra buffs, unless they are something to do with hack. In this case, I would love to see this change.

That’s her niche now.

She’s a spawn killer.

It’s a style of attack, it’s not really about the power of the attack. Being as I said before, if there was any real intention of changing her into more of a pure stealth killer they could have done so with a snap of their fingers. That fact that hasn’t happen speaks volumes as to her role in this game, players just don’t want to hear it.

I don’t think that’s the consensus at all. Sombra’s hack is not nearly that good. Junkrat’s trap, McCree’s flash/fan, Doomfists uppercut, Hog’s hook and Brigitte’s shield bash are all way more likely to result in you dying than hack. Hack is one of the most surviveable abilities in the game.

Honestly hack is a real trash ability, and I can prove it. Pick your favorite DPS hero, and if I offered you hack in exchange for one of their abilities, would you take it? Would you give up Soldier’s helix rocket, or Tracer’s blink? Would you give up Genji’s swift strike or his deflect? What about reapers wraith form? Would you give up Hanzo’s storm arrow? If hack is the god tier ability that some think it is, then you should be foaming at the mouth to gain access to it, but truth be told there’s not much people would trade for hack. It’s slow, it’s unreliable, and the only reason it’s useful at all is because Sombra uses it as a surprise attack.

And if you’re still not convinced, imagine if you offered Sombra players Helix rocket, tracer’s blink or Storm arrow, but they lose the hacking ability… do you think they’d take the deal? As a Sombra player myself I can tell you I’d take that deal in a heartbeat.

3 Likes

As if she doesn’t do enough dmg already (with aim that is)…

How about just making hacked targets have a sugar skull appear in front of their heads that’s only visible to Sombra? It doesn’t outright increase her overall dps but it will definitely help tracking for head shots.

Infinite stealth with the ability to actually nuke targets before they can turn around and fight back since you will always get the drop on them would be the worst kind of game design and utterly broken. This is why sombra’s current damage is completely fine. Sombra is not an assassin.

And bursting targets through healing? Heck no, that’s insane amount of damage for a character who’s invisible all the time.

And people cry about discord being so op, do you really want ANOTHER damage boost stacked in there with discord and damage boost? No. Just no.

No more characters like doomfist who can just go in and delete people without being able to contest.

1 Like

Nice idea theft :angry:

Completely untrue. Sombra is one of the worst duelists in the game.

I don’t even play Sombra and want this. She is a character that should be sneaky and get kills.

LOL, not this again. Please provide links mate as to where these coaches are saying that she is brokenly overpowered.

Additional Information: currently Sombra is seeing less time in the contenders now as many teams are countering the Sombra effectively more so now than before. Not to mentioned that Sombra was ran majority of the time to hard counter Hammond and Lucio. Not to mention that majority of the heroes that are being ran in the contenders typically by pass D.va’s Defense Matrix

I will wait for the link as I haven’t heard nor read anything saying that Sombra is brokenly overpowered.

1 Like

Im not really suited to make a call on whether or not sombra is or isnt in need of a buff/nerf but this just sounds right

Sombra do more damage on hacked players?

Let me check.

Sorry, Computer says No

Hack causes havoc to the enemy team.
Hack a rein shield and he dies quick.

That’s actually quite clever. The problem with Sombra is that she can’t have too much damage because otherwise she’d just pop out of invis and kill any 200hp hero but this way her otherwise low damage could be compensated while giving the opponent time to react to it. I’d second this

1 Like

Sounds like you either hacked the wrong target or attacked the wrong target

That’s kind of the point of a healer though.

HAHAHA

Now take into account Brigs armor she provides the enemy team, now take into account a torb change coming into the future, not only does these things s**t on Sombras ability to deal damage, but more people will be demanding a buff to Reaper and other heroes as well with how prevalent armor will be.

This fanciful 1v1 scenario only happens consistently when spawn camping, this doesnt take into account teamfights where people will be pocketed, or will be bubbled, or just isnt in the vicinity of team8s.

Yes Sombra is a great 1v1 hero, but this is a team game.

I haven’t read the whole thread, but I suggested something similar before for Sombra.

A hacked hero’s primary weapon could do 10-15% less damage due to the hack/emp, for duration of hack/emp, instead of buffing Sombra’s damage output.

And this will be the moment in time where tanks will become 100% useless.