Let Sombra deal 10-15% extra damage to hacked targets

People hate every Meta there is non that all will like. But I agree Sombra should never become to much meta but she should be a viable pick in the right hands.

She does she needs buffs to her Consistancy her Teamplay’ability and usefullness in teamfight’s

No She is not. I know the OP is about it but most long-time Sombra players don’t want her DMG to be buffed It’s understandable that newer Sombra player want because if you first Start her DMG just feels horrible as soon as they get used to it most of them don’t want dmg buffs anymore either.

The problem on that Logic is that there are only a few characters that Sombra can kill security after hack her Utility is not worth the DMG you lose in teamfights.

Yea most Sombra 1v1 come down to who has better aim but if your hack does not get though the enemy has the advantage and she still has other problems:

• Hard to play with as a Team
  • Inconsistent
  • Bad in team fights without EMP

These can be fixed with:

• Skulls over hacked enemies
  • Bug fixes
  • Increase of her base speed

This will not make her strong it will make her barely fine and that is where her place is when talking about balanced.

Apples to Oranges, The good old Sombra double standard at work. Nobody else would touch hack as an ability with a 10 ft pole, but it’s incredible, because trust me. Sure it doesn’t kill anyone, but it annoys someone for 6 whole seconds?! What’s that about storm arrow being able to nearly instantly vaporize Reinhardt with zero teamwork required? Oh no, hack is much stronger. Why you ask? Because Apples to Oranges, that’s why!

Sombra is an incredibly powerful hero with a ton of potential… on the enemy team. Forget all those stats about her winrate or her pickrate placing her at the bottom of F-tier. Those stats don’t matter because she can be sitting invisible undetected the whole match, waiting for that perfect opportunity… and maybe out of nowhere I’ll be inconvenienced for 6 seconds, being able to only move, attack and jump. The horror! I can barely play an FPS if all I can do is move, attack and jump! I’m horrifically crippled.

But apples to oranges… When she a friendly Sombra on my team… she’s trash, she’s a throw pick, now all those stats matter. Do you even know what her winrate is?! Nobody wants her. All she does is waste time doing nothing while cloaked. Come on Sombra, do some actual damage! Kill someone! Yes I know all I did was whine when you were hacking me on the other team about how OP and annoying you were, but apples to oranges, you’re on my team now and now you’re trash and should switch, because you know, I want to win this game and Sombra isn’t about winning.

What? Maybe we should buff her so she’s a useful teammate? Hell no! We all know that the stats are wrong and she’s really super powerful! I still don’t want her on my team though… But we can’t buff her, then she might be meta at the pro level! Right, we don’t want her being meta. But Rein and Zen have been meta forever, we don’t have a problem with that? Apples to oranges, it’s Sombra, and we have to keep holding her back.

2 Likes

I don’t think you know what the phrase “apples and oranges” means.

2 Likes

Kill the healer first, dummy.

Sombra is the weakest DPS

If you’re hacked, theres multiple factors that can happen that will prevent you from dying.

Hack is also hard to pull with all these factors in mind

1 Like

Don’t forget the bugs she has:

You can play as good as you want when a bug blocks your hack you will still loose.

This.

I strongly feel people under estimate Sombras damage potential.

8 damage a shot.

20 rounds a second

Out girl does 160 Dps.

For comparison soldier does 19 damage per bullet.

And 8.3 rounds per second- doing163~ Dps.

Her spread limits her range- but in range she is nothing to scoff at. And with 60 rounds at her disposal, she can miss quite a bit and still get a good kill within her 3 second firing window before teleporting away to safety.

Don’t get me wrong- I feel Sombra needs buffs. But increasing her lethality is not where I’d look to go.

I’ve seen two versions of this pitch, one was this and the other was that she does extra damage to enemies low enough on Hp that she can see them with opportunist.
I prefer the second one, but neither one is necessary. The changes id like to see (other than visual indicators for hack being less stupid) is to just put more commitment into being stealthy. Maybe give less voice lines while stealthed, or make her gun quieter. Take away the visual for translocating while stealthed. Maybe make it so zen/ana can heal her without giving away her position.
Also, maybe a stealth cd reset upon killing enemies. So she can stealth over to targets she sees with opportunist, get the kill, and if she doesn’t get caught, she can go back into stealth without having to translocate back. This largely wouldn’t matter, but it’d at least allow her to capitalize on her opportunist more.
I don’t know, just some thoughts.

Hack needs to be reliable… The ENTIRE REASON to play sombra needs to work without single pts of damage countering you. That will always be her biggest problem.

You mad man! Sombra is perfect the way she is, borderline to overpowered. Buff her and you get a hero like the old broken genji.

No, you can’t go by this theory at all. Literally any hacked target immediately gets pocketed, bubbled, or assisted by a teammate to try and kill Sombra and she can’t focus both of them alone nor can she kill one of them if they’re being pocketed since Sombra can’t outdamage them unless they were already below half health in some cases.

Danteh has said said multiple times that it’s a lot easier to protect a hacked target rather than follow up on one, simply because Sombra just doesn’t do enough damage and has no burst damage potential. You can alter as many little things as you want with Sombra but she will never be as viable as someone like Tracer or Soldier if her damage stays the way it is. Sombra would be so viable if they would just revert this whole rework, and look more towards her damage/in-combat hack mechanics, because clearly they’ve tried nearly everything else, espeically with the recent Sombra changes and it still isn’t working, she’s nothing but a Playable Spectator who’s used as a different version of an EMP bot that occasionally kills a Zenyatta until Brigitte comes and makes it impossible. I’ve been maining Sombra since Season 4 with 400+ Hours in High Masters/GM and I’ve been saying the same thing that Danteh’s been saying ever since, she’s never gonna be a truly viable pick if she always has this much downtime, and lack luster damage output in fights against pocketed enemies.

2 Likes

Well, that went off the rails fast. The expression is apples AND oranges, and you missed the point.

Asking if X Hero’s ability would work on X Hero’s kit is a silly comparison, because abilities are designed to form cohesive kits. Would Winston like to trade his barrier for Orisa’s? No. Does that make Orisa’s barrier bad? No. It serves a completely different purpose in a completely different kit.

Ask Reinhardt, Wrecking Ball, Bastion, Doomfist, Pharah, Tracer, Brigitte, and Lucio if Hack is an “inconvenience.” Better yet, ask them if they’d mind losing all of their abilities permanently, since moving and shooting is apparently the full Overwatch experience.

I wanted Sombra to have this for a very long time.

B͊͝U̹̙͓̤̜̟ͅF̞̯̳̪̓̏ͪF̗̪̩ͥ̊ͭ͟ ̛͎̤͗̿S̖͚̰̠͑̍ͤ́ͫ͢O̝̩̰ͤ̋̾̀ͩM͖͕̞͙̮̝ͫ̍ͯ͗̏͒ͣͅB̺̼͛̽R̬͞A̤͛ ̩̰̫͇̟͎͙Ṗ̴͓̭̗͇̜̿̏͊ͅL̸̜̺̖̺̰͚̑͌E͛́A̷͍̘̙̳̽ͧͬS̈̍̑̌̎̚͏̬E̱ͥ̂͢ͅ

1 Like

No. She’s balanced. Stop.

How is she balance?

2 Likes

Why does she need a buff? It is clear that pro players are beginning to realize her power since her rework due to increased pickrate. Only time will tell if itll flow to ranked tiers.

And for the reasons ive said above, it would be unwise to buff sombra in hack or damage especially when shes getting more popular + cc is already being heavily enabled.

He was repeating it over and over again deliberately to mock the other guy

Exactly. Tracer, Genji, Hanzo, Widow, and Pharah are much, much better at this. So why play Sombra?

Range does matter, and Sombra’s is terrible, with a lack of in-combat mobility to boot. Cloak is good for one target and that’s it. You should also take into account armor, which in Sombra’s case halves her damage (for soldier it’s only a ~25% decrease)

1 Like

People on the forums really do not think on the broader scale. Ask yourself this, what do you think would happen if hack was buffed in this way making it more reliable as an offensive ability and also buffing sombras damage making her more reliable overall. She does around 210-420 damage per clip, you seriously want that able to be buffed by herself?

Sombra should stay unreliable until there is more anti cc to hack or counterplay in general. It has been proven oppressive when reliable. I would think the forums community would know better.

Think of how buffs/nerfs/reworks would effect the rest of the roster and the game itself, it is something that this community(including myself at times) as well as the devs fail to do time and time again.

If you need proof. s9-present is the perfect example of the community and the devs not looking at the broader picture.

Sure, but only if the hack time is nerfed.