Let’s fix Bastion, Mei and Reaper

35% made him busted only because Nanoboost made him invincible.

30% Bastion in this day and age would kill GOATs but nothing else.

Nanoboost wasn’t why he was op. Ironclad was so broken it was a meme. Go into sentry. Hold right click once in a while and BAM you won

Take two seconds to think about how you would beat Bastion before you post. You have two options.

Option 1: Make Bastion useless by moving so he has to reposition, giving you a chance to counter him.

Option 2: Use any sort of CC that gets him out of Sentry, making him easily killable.

It really isn’t that hard.

1 Like

Clearly you didn’t see the omnic crisis on the ladder.

You’re asking a lot of coordination from solo q players who have little to none ~ diamond down, there abouts.

25% is a nice medium giving Bastion a smidge more to it.

What’s wrong with a hero that has the best dps capability in the GAME being easy to counter? If he wasn’t easy to counter he would be overpowered

3 Likes

Mei doesn’t need a buff, pick rate really doesn’t matter that much honestly, she still dominates in Plat/Diamond.
She shouldn’t be able to freeze more than one person with her primary weapon, she shouldn’t be able to snipe people with her icicles, she shouldn’t even be entirely invincible in her cryo freeze.
I wish Reinhardt’s fire strike could melt right through that ice and take her out of her little comfort zone.

2 Likes

30% is the number that keeps Bastion dying to ultimates and keeps his TTK with most heroes the same.

Just to make the difference very clear, 35% Bastion survived 400dmg Pulse Bomb. 30% wouldn’t.

Sure, in a vacuum. Which the game isn’t in.

I’d like to see Bastion buffed, but I disagree that going more than 25% iron clad is the way to do it.

About Mei i think she needs mostly bug fixes, otherwise she still remains inconsistent. BTW if we should give Mei a cryofreeze reload i would be ok for a partial reload over time, up to 100 ammos max. About lowering the cooldown IDK if it’s useful or makes her too strong, but this makes her better in stalling and surviving in fights

3 Likes

i dont mind the buffs myself
but truthfully if they do get buffed i believe all tanks as a whole need to get buffed because the increase in damage from everywhere making them unable to keep up

Mei main here. She is fine. That cryofreeze buff you are suggesting is unnecessary, and i don’t want Mei to be powercreeped into meta.

Also, good Mei players can manage their ammo, and don’t need free extra reload. This could have been good buff idea in the past, but she doesn’t need it anymore because she does much more damage now.

Here’s excellent comment explaining why she doesn’t need reload during cryofreeze.

I completely agree that Bastion and Reaper are in dire need of help.

2 Likes

Oh, I didn’t see the Mei part earlier… yeah, she’s nearly perfect since her falloff buff, all she really needs is a couple bug fixes. Cryo needs to work properly (so that she doesn’t get killed/hooked out of it), and maybe a slight change to freeze so that jumping doesn’t basically negate it.

The cryofreeze ammo buff wouldn’t be a powercreep if I’m understand OP correctly.
Currently, Mei’s self-heal can not fully heal her back to full hp at 1hp. The healing is as follow :

Healing
37.5 per second
150 over full duration
Duration
Up to 4 seconds

Therefore if the ammo doesnt fully reload the 200 ammo clip then it would be a nice addition. It could work with the same formula as the self-heal, but with different numbers. I.E. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
20 ammo/sec
100 ammo over full duration

1 Like

:thinking:

All heros?

seems kinda OP…

Oh boy- I appreciate the thought but I disagree with just about every idea.

This proved to be too much of a problem. Heck, IC is still a problem to this day, because it makes a bad Bastion easier to pocket.

I would be fine with 30% IC on tank, but not on Sentry.

This doesn’t do anything except increase brainless pray and spray. This does not add any incentive and reward for good aim, or even playing him at a higher skill bracket.

Heck, his damage is so baseless that it takes 11 seconds to destroy a Sym ult. Of which it only lasts 15 seconds. Is it really worth the 11 seconds of possible suicide just to make the barrier drop 4 seconds faster?

He need HS added back, even if at a 1.5X modifier, and tighter spread.

Recon feels fine atm, the problem is how useless Sentry is. Talking to some of the best Bastion players in NA, the correct way to play him is 30/70. 30% in recon and 70% in sentry.

Recon is used for mobility, not a replacement for Soldier.

I just want a QoL buff where it heals instantly and no longer has a cast time.

Honestly, she just needs her ult to not get sucked into the 4th dimension whenever she uses it.

3 Likes

There was a time when Bastion was scary to Winston or Dva, it was called before his IC days, where his damage was actually lethal and not wasted.

And the problem with buffing IC is that your now have just nuked lower ELOs. Balance should take all ranks into consideration, not just one.

Creating a new meta to stop a meta solves nothing, it’s why I hate Brig so much.

Actually false.

He could survive Dragon, both of them.

He already can survive Primal Rage, matter of fact Bastion melts Winston when he tries to attack him in sentry mode.

He could ONLY survive dva nukes because his IC stacked with Nano DR, and it gave him 85% Damage reduction. He can no longer withstand nukes not only because he no longer has 35% IC, but because the DR was capped at 50%. Meaning when she nanos Bastion he only gets 30% more DR currently, because it does not go past 50%.

1 Like

That’s why I don’t want 30% ironclad. Sentry feels better now with 20% ironclad

Now all Sentry needs is tighter spread and HS added back.

1 Like

Mei is fine. She only need bugfixes at the moment.

Reaper and Bastion could use some help.

2 Likes

I still think Bastion needs his spread in sentry reduced above all else.

2 Likes

No HS but tighter spread yes