Let me lay it out as clearly as possible

Yep, very doable to tank. The problem is that tank players would also like to be DPS and that won’t happen anymore, at least not in OW1.

1 Like

BUT IT’S OKAY BECAUSE HANZO TAKES AIM

5 Likes

the only thing im sad about is that i didnt log on to check the moira buff before they took it down. wanted too see how high that jump is

2 Likes

When are they gonna start? Hog is one of the more self sustaineable tanks in the game.

It’s all bullcrap it’s all that is.

Overewatch needs new leadership in the balance team. Geoff Goodman has to go.

5 Likes

Ohhohohohohohho trust me Rein blows up too, and now with Storm Arrow, Torb, Cass, buffed and Echo’s beam you will still explode.
I already uninstalled btw.

2 Likes

Just thinking that were going to be relegated to ONE tank in OW2 and thinking back to the OWL pvp demo with Dva makes my heart sink into my butt. Something drastic has to change and change now. The game is catastrophically unfun when tanking.

4 Likes

The ball change hardly even counts as a nerf. The only other change that increases damage output and thus indirectly nerfs tanks is Torb’s alt fire. But I hardly think that’s worth this outcry.

1 Like

Overwatch is based on arena shooters, the engine and maps are not designed to enable corner peeking, slow poke bar a couple of exceptions but rather fast movement like Quake strafe miming, flying, movement abilities (DIVE!), with rockets, beams, etc.

Double barrier and the like have been nothing good for OW. Dive was peak with brawl perfectly viable and bunker for low rank cheese’

1 Like

Balancing is not their strong suit. the biggest problem is the fact Hanzo hasn’t been even looked at since they buffed his storm arrow which was 7 months + - he is the HUGE problem and I mean that literally.

3 Likes

Because storm arrows, Cass and tank damage should have been nerfed, not buffed.

4 Likes

Cass’ winrate is quite bad, he needed buffs. The range on Rein’s 200 damage is so short that it’s just a silly thing for fun, not a major damage increase. Storm arrows ricochet is also just a fun twist on the ability, it doesn’t seem particularly useful.

1 Like

irregardless, whom asked for this change and why? Was it THAT much of a disruption? Seriously? Haven’t we been vocal enough as a community that we dislike the power creep and they just keep laying into tanks with minor nerfs steadily making them unfun one by one. Until were forced into a specific meta of like one or two picks otherwise it’s considered throwing. Look, i get not the entire roster should be viable in ALL situations. But we should still be able to perform our role at least in minute ways. When’s the last time you were able to save a teammate from certain death with anyone but Hog or Rein or Orisa? Take a moment to think about it because those moments are actually incredibly small.

It’s just a frustrating experience, in my opinion.

4 Likes

Nope, FTH is a major problem. Most Pro/Top500 think he’s fine too, also highly picked in GM.

Don’t care is it’s major or minor, damage should be going down, TTK up, not the other way around.

Again, same thing, the degree is not important.

If you go to the mechanic with a flat tire asking for a fix and the mechanic intentionally bursts your spare, the appropriate response is “what the heck did you do?” not “well it was just the spare, thanks for the service.”

7 Likes

I think you’re being hyper-sensitive to tank “nerfs” if literally any buff to anyone on the roster who isn’t a tank triggers you. Blizzard agrees that tanks aren’t in a great spot and that’s why they’re getting substantially redesigned in 5v5, which is where most of the development effort is going now (love it or hate it). They’re not going to make sweeping changes to tanks in OW1 6v6 before that, it just isn’t going to happen.

1 Like

I’m glad wrecking ball is becoming a DPS in Overwatch. I’m all for giving tanks more heroes, but wrecking ball just feels out of character in Overwatch and his CCs can be annoying sometimes. Not to mention you can get spawn camped by ball if you’re on a squishy hero like zen. Ball is almost like another winston but even worse.

We need more tanks like d.va, rien and zarya. Like I said in my other post, I think d.va is the best designed tank in the game so far.

1 Like

File this wrecking ball change under “ Super unimpactful and barely going to ever notice this“

There are many things to get angry about

this ain’t it

Who said i was hyper sensitive to buffs that aren’t tanks?
No sweeping changes? But they’ll keep running the tank roster ever so slowly into the ground right?

2 Likes

Ball’s configuration change should also have a small cooldown as he has way too much freedom to do whatever he wants most times.

I mean, while were at it, right?

rolls eyes

2 Likes

They still could have compensated him. He’s been nerfed like a gazillion times at this point.

3 Likes