Let me get this straight

I’m sorry. I thought OP was pretty clear asking what is reportable. They didn’t ask anything about how the system is abused.

That was sarcasm I was hoping wasn’t misinterpreted (my fault for assuming this over text to text tonal center).

If you want to play a character you like, I see no problem with you doing so in QP. However, If choosing one character IS the reason for your team loosing in a competitive environment, that is selfish for you are interfering with another player’s incentive to capitalize on an opportunity to work with other teammates in order to create the most reliable and enticing situations in order to win.

Should all other 5 players on a team suffer because one player is refusing to cooperate - “the process of working together to the same end (winning in this case since we’re in a competitive environment)” when they clearly aren’t working together to their FULL potential: which said potential could be achieved by something as simple as switching? Because that is griefing IMO.

Let it be known that Sym in Comp isn’t some satanic ritual. You can love to play it in certain situations similar to how pros use THEIR mains in certain situations.

They’ve actually posted a rhetorical question and the OP is making a point how one-tricking should be reportable.

…to which I’m discussing it isn’t.

it’s stupid. if you’re getting hard countered and you’re literally just feeding even though it’s not intentional. It still falls under poor teamwork and thus should be reportable

1 Like

Let’s try to keep things civil. Again, people want to justify solely playing something you want in a competitive environment where the other 5 people are trying to create any winnable situation to come to a common end.

Incorrect.

This is a common excuse given by people who report one-tricks and it doesn’t fit the ‘poor teamwork’ report no matter how you phrase it.

That’s not what the report system is for, it’s literally a tool designed to prevent someone who payed for the game from playing it, by saying this you’re effectively saying “X person doesn’t deserve to play this game because they’re bad at it” It even expressly states playing poorly isn’t reportable.

If you’re getting hard countered. you’re being a hindrance to your team while benefiting the enemy. Overwatch’s core gameplay is about countering the enemy via hero swaps. this requires teamwork. One tricks also do not do this. Poor teamwork. plain and simple.

2 Likes

You have a point. If OW meant for players to stay on one character they would have made it so you couldn’t switch mid battle.

GODDANG this simplified things a lot HAHA (half kidding).

It’s the transitive property though. You know? If A=B and B=C then A must =C?

It relates to my ultimate point. “Should all other 5 players on a team suffer because one player is refusing to cooperate - “the process of working together to the same end (winning in this case since we’re in a competitive environment)” when they clearly aren’t working together to their FULL potential: which said potential could be achieved by something as simple as switching? Because that is griefing IMO.”

It’s not griefing DIRECTLY, but I made my case through A=C

Congratulations. We’re not doing math here, we’re playing a game. Get over yourself. Blizzard has defined what poor teamwork is and is not. Even though they’re bad at actually enforcing it, you’re in the wrong for behaving as if poor teamwork is anything Blizzard has said it is not.

…still incorrect.

Poor Teamwork
Not trying to complete map objectives or constantly communicating in a negative fashion (I.E. “This team is horrible.”)

Poor Teamwork is not
Playing a hero that is not considered optimal by the community or staying silent in voice chat.

People, like you, who report one-tricks for ‘poor teamwork’ constantly use the “They didn’t swap when they’re being countered so = poor teamwork” excuse when that is clearly false reporting.

If the one-trick is trying and taking part in team-fights, they’re ‘trying to complete map objectives,’ simple.

Overwatch uses math though. Ever heard of Skill Ceiling VS. SKill floor?

Anyways, I summed up the relevant stuff through my quoted dialogue if you cared to read it again.

If only Blizzard could be assed to enforce that rule, hey?

1 Like

If OW meant for people to be constantly countering each other then they would have made switching mandatory after certain intervals, this argument goes both ways. Half the pro games aren’t even based on countering each other so much as who plays “X” comp better.

Switching is an option because the team has faith in the player’s judgement.

you just contradicted yourself here, you may think it’s something wrong but you have no right to speak for the other players on your team. this goes back to the main issue which isn’t one tricking but rather players individual ability to accept loss.

Completely countered through quoted Blizzard points. Again, you are wrong. Get over it.

Ofcourse i’m going to report. If I have a Winston one trick on my team and the enemy has a bastion, hog and reaper that is borderline throwing and poor teamwork.

It doesnt matter if the Winston is trying. Those are 3 very powerful counters and at that point he is literally feeding. You can try and argue with me all you like my opinion will not be changed.

And this goes back to team contribution.

I’m able to speak for the other member if I know basic team contributions at my level.

Again, there are heros where you can know little to none about mechanically but do good with them. Then there are those who if you’re bad at you might as well sit in spawn.

As for the switching at certain intervals? That’s a little farfetched concerning convenience. You’re expected to switch off if something isn’t working to reach the ultimate goal. Most OW players agree with that:

wwwyoutubecomwatch?v=XAakCJLfXvo

When I say I will never be able to speak for the other person 100%, it’s the same as the whole Sylvibot SSSniperWolf fiasco.

You know, “Everything hints at her being boosted… But nothing can be confirmed since the GM streamer’s page who she was playing with ‘magically’ got taken down.”

Blizzard has said that it does matter if the Winston is trying. You don’t run the game, you don’t manage the community. Hell, Blizzard hardly bothers to do those things, what makes you special?

1 Like

Who’s arguing?

I’m simply informing you you’re false reporting and that’s not what ‘poor teamwork’ is.

Good day to you too! :slight_smile: