Let HAMMOND Be a Anchor

OKAY BOIS!

so i will be the first to admit this would be probably quite dumb. but alot of people have called for a hero who can slow enemies since goats gets so much value from lucio. so here is my suggeestion

Curreently hammonds grapple obvi doesnt hit targets but what if it did??

What if hammond could use enemies, but instead of boosting hammonds speed which would be very op, hammond becomes a tethered anchor to that hero slowing them down being dragged behind them!!! maybe give it a limited amount of time before it disconnects so its not just troll!

Just somthing that kepty popping into my head for like a week so figured I’d post here

that sounds fun…and maybe broken…having such a convenient anchor in the enemy team all the time.

But then you can’t swing upwards to it’s not like you can piledrive. +1 I would try it…but what do you do about blink/pharah’s rocket pack/etc

1 Like

“lucio boops anchored hammond off edge. watches hammond fall only to see the anchor pull down there own rien” tank players revenge on lucio .

Sounds fun.

I think tracer should not be able to blink while anchored because she can’t blink out of other things like steel trap and grav.

Pharah’s movements should be slowed just like people running on the ground. Maybe rocket pack should slowly pull Hammond off the ground a little.

1 Like

hahahahah just watching hammond slowly lift into the air. im dying

hey if it holds tracer, they could actually nerf goats and zens wouldnt have to just get tracer abused again.

actually a VERY interesting idea… i really like it … as a hammond main…id love to see this happen

1 Like

thanksman ya im intrested in others opinions i personally really think it would be either very weak which means it would be a pretty good addition in my opinion or brokenly op. keep in mind hammond would trade grappling through enemies to escape so it would be harder to manuver with lots of enemies around

Hammond doesn’t need anything to make him more powerful. Enough people try to run Hammond/Roadhog or some other stupid tank combo to leave the 4 squishies to get slaughtered at the choke while he rolls around feeding in the back.

haha if you need a shield your a bad dps. feeding hamsters are a different story cuz they would probs feed on any hero man. triple dps hammond is a legit gm strat and arguably this could make hammond weaker in alot of scenerios just a funny concept

1. You’re **
  2. It’s not only about having a shield, it’s about them having one if you don’t. A bronze soldier behind an Orisa barrier could kill a GM soldier out in the open. If neither have a shield, then the better dps wins but either way that’s a pretty ignorant statement to make. You clearly don’t understand the role of tanks in this game.
  3. You’re over 1,000 SR below me. If I’m bad what does that make you? But then again in high gold/low plat dps can’t aim well enough that you can just heal through the shots they do land. But in high master and GM, you’ll get double dinked by a mccree before you can blink if you are ahead of a barrier.

Shields are nice but shouldn’t be relied on 24/7

Shields should be used to find better positioning/real cover not hand holding.

I learned a long time ago not to trust a rein’s shield.

1 Like

a gm getting killed by a orisa shield is not a good player hahaha. if you really thinbk you need a shield you do you boo boo but thats just one way of playing overwatch and its the basic way. dawg if owl teams run triple dps with a hammond you know gm players are doing it entirely effectively. if shields are so good orisa should be dank as hell but we still prefer rien. meta hasnt been about acctual shielding in a long time. like goats rien barely shields in favor of swinging. shield break has long been considered a passive strat, (were you even here durring shield meta?) and not worth investing in these days so no i dont think shields are the end all of tank play. and dawg throwing rank in fourms lol, some of us have to throw games to play with our friends

I didn’t say orisa’s shield killed someone. I said that someone behind a barrier versus someone out in the open is at a huge advantage. Someone behind rein’s shield only has to do 200 damage, whereas the opponent has to do 2,200 damage. If you don’t grasp this, that’s obviously why you’re barely out of gold.

Let’s talk about Hanamura point A. Defenders have Orisa, attackers have hammond and roadhog. Every single bit of damage done by the defenders charges their ults and requires healing resources by the attackers to recover. Now maybe in your bottom 50% ELO where mccree’s land 1 in 3 body shots and the only headshots Hanzo lands is by accident, you can heal through the damage. But in ranks where people can aim, you need a barrier if you’re going against one or you are just going to get melted unless it’s one of those 40% of games where it doesn’t matter what you play because you’ll win anyway.

Claim you throw games all you want, all I have to do is queue in the morning and I get dafran, XQC, pine, saebyeolbe, etc in my games. You get people who don’t know what a defensive ult is and that’s a culmination of our mechanics and game sense. The fact you don’t understand the importance of a barrier proves that.

hahaha im guessing your not very good socially are you? im sorry your mad about hamster comps but only excpect to see more with all the hammonds dps comps we have seen in top tier OWL play. but this fourms about the absurd idea of hammond being a anchor not your space to get off to how you play with your twitch idols LUL. some of us go to work in the mornings

“I get dafran, XQC, bla bla”

I bet they dont even know you exist fam, :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

mei
can
slow
enemies
what is all this about calling for slow?

ive just seem some comments before for a rangged ability slow. were mies slow ability is very much a short range! but yes very fair point

Could this anchor Hamster by any chance latch on and drop off the map pulling their victim with them?

Obviously, I’m just making a point.

i woulld argue it should sure if rien can charge people off the edge why cant hammond punish a boop by grabbing someone and dragging them off