"Less event content, focusing on balancing." With little to show

Hey, I never said it was a good idea, just that its what they’ll probably do

1 Like

True. I just don’t like promoting poor ideas to the Dev team. We need more thought out and carefully implemented balance. Dumping everything on the player base at once causes chaos and frustration.

3 Likes

What event content? You mean the same event we’ve seen for the third time? There is no difficulty in bringing the same thing back over and over.

As for the skin design department, they work separately from balancing. And their purpose is the most valued thing for blizzard. Because the better they do, the more reason for people to spend their money on buying lootboxes and getting the new skins.

What you should be saying is, what exactly happened to overwatch?

Everything was amazing. Now it’s slow, excruciatingly frustrating and it’s going on a downhill path. Right now, i’m only playing this game when i’m bored with WOW. BAck then, it used to be the game i go to, because i enjoyed it the most.

12 Likes

The engine was made for an mmorpg…

1 Like

Your title says it all: they pulled back on events to focus on balance, and the frequency of balance updates hasn’t changed in the slightest.

10 Likes

well maybe because its not simply buff and nerfing heroes

remember tracer? she was considered fine even underpowered in first 1 year of OW, then dive meta came, she suddenly considered OP even though she didnt receive any changes

other heroes changes effect her in some way: hog got nerfed, winston dva got buffed making her stronger

Technically their first shooter was Starcraft Ghost, which they canceled shortly before release because the Xbox 360 was announced and the game was developed for the Xbox which was then seen as a dying platform. There was to be versions for the Game Cube and PS2 but they got canceled a year before the game was put on indefinite hold and then eventually canceled.

In fact what was planned for the multiplayer for Starcraft Ghost eventually got revived for Overwatch following Titan being scrapped.

1 Like

at least other games are fun (not blizzards tho). if they don’t like money thats fine by me :grin: , i played 1 game this event, and that was too much :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I think you guys simply overestimate how fast development is, even in a big company.
Some of you might think I’m just making excuses for Blizzard out of fanboyism, but I’ve seen this same thing play out with every live game I ever got involved in - no matter what the devs say or do, players complain that balancing isn’t fast enough.

4 Likes

Of course, they do often end up breaking the game. So what’s your point?

They couldn’t even rebalance Junkenstein even though all but on of the enemies have been nerfed since last year (at least in the context of Junkenstein, Symmetra is a debateabl topic but in Junkenstein where the bot uses the inconsistent as all heck primary and Shield Gen in that enviroment was much more dangerous then the wall, which by the way sometimes the bot will put in crazy easy o avoid area’s.)

So with such a lazy event we had better have those F tier squad all addressed by christmas

1 Like

I mean, the loading screen is still bugged when you open lootboxes sometimes and they can’t be arsed to fix it, plus the hundreds of other bugs in the game. Rant aside, communication is something I’ve seen indie devs do better, there’s no excuse.

12 Likes

Oh bull $hi}, they barely test this stuff, you could bang it all out in hours and fix most of the problems. Besides isn’t balancing for dota done by like one guy and it’s infinitely more complex? Naughty dog was ten times better balancing their mp for uncharted and it was barely ever as bad as overwatch was.

8 Likes

My point was rather concise so going further is redundant. I work in a technical field so i have an understanding that things don’t just happen. Not having a full understanding of the codes or engine and make baseless assumptions lead to just that:baseless assumptions. I mean we get free dlc pretty regularly. I know not enough!!!

@attlus that may be. If so its impressive, though not the same. 2 different games that we as end users can only speculate on development wise. In the grand view all minor and not likely to be fruitful based on gimmie now threads on the forums.

“free dlc”

Last I checked this game was full price for a multiplayer only game and it has a monetization system still built in

9 Likes

They could, you know

Takd our feedback, a lot of players are helping them, they could maybe use what we tell them

3 Likes

B-but… we got MYSTERY DEATHMATCH! Isn’t it the most original and funniest mode ever made?

Inb4 we won’t get anything new announced in Blizzcon for OW.

2 Likes

Correction multi billion dollar company which makes everything they’re not doing even more inexcusable.

If you count Beta it’s been 3 years for a company like Blizzard at this point there’s no excuses. Especially since they’re a part of Activision which pumps out FPS games like no tomorrow.

Yeah it’s for bug fixing which they don’t even use it for that most of the time. I’ve seen dozens of times where bugs that get reported dozens of times just get ignored until months later. For example the Symmetra 3.0 bug where turrets were shooting through and going inside of walls. Blizzard didn’t even acknowledge the existence of the bug until like a month or two after she hit live even then it took like a week of people making videos for them to notice.

4 Likes

Well there’s not exactly much stage time for OW on the schedule for that.