Legit question about SR

Someone answer me this.

Started competitive in season 4 and ended that season 1525
Hit my highest rank in season 9 at 2180
Started tonight at 2053 but lost three in a row and am now down to 1986.

My record for comp is 193 W - 193 L - 8 T
With the exception of Season 9 finishing 12 more wins than losses every other season is either a losing season, 1-3 more wins than losses, or even. With all this information, how do you explain a jump of almost 600 if i’ve been at 50% win rate my entire career? The losing seasons even out with the seasons that are 1-3 more W than L. and 12 wins doesn’t give you 500+ SR

I’m sorry, what was the question?

If i’m 50% win rate, how did I jump from 1500+ to 2100+ shouldn’t I be still at 1500?

Not necessarily. The SR gains and losses aren’t a set amount. One loss could be -15 sr and one win could be +30 sr.

You’re affected by performance so there were games you might have got 30 SR.

1 Like

I suspect you are making a math error.

What did you start season 4 at?

Or, since you know season 4’s end, don’t include season 4 in your 193/193/8 record.

Basically, (W - L) * 24 ~= rating change. You have to make sure that the W, the L, and the rating change all cover the same time window.

Friend me at Kaawumba#1133 (PC-NA) if you’d me to check more precisely.

P.S.

That forumula is approximate. See How Competitive Skill Rating Works (Season 14) for all the other things that can affect win/loss of SR.

Performance based SR and better performances in placements than matches during the season.