Legendary new looks: Behind the scenes of the 2021 Overwatch Archives skins

Legendary new looks: Behind the scenes of the 2021 Overwatch Archives skins

Delve into the past to discover how Overwatch concept artists, joined by character designer Yusuke Kozaki, created some of this year’s skins.

View Full Article

5 Likes

Cool. Cool.

We were hoping for a Sym and D.Va skin… but yuh go off ig.

16 Likes

Yeah, for any other event, I would probably check it out, but for this one? Eh… Pass.

5 Likes

I had an amazingly fun time from start to finish! I would have to say the best part of this project was the process of trying to Not make a sym skin

11 Likes

Sym and D.Va going for the 3rd Anniversary Legendary this year :muscle: :muscle: :muscle:

10 Likes

I will check this out later, thanks.

Still haven’t unlocked one single new Archives Legendary skin though. The ones I want the most are pictured in the OP even. I have the gold to buy them either way before the end of the event.

As I have said before, these are really cool skins and they are fun to add to my collection. However, I do feel like this seasonal event was not the opportunity to introduce those skins. They would have been more fun and special if added to the standard loot box distribution.

19 Likes

!! I agree. Considering there’s still a lot of lore you can explore with skins !!

We’re really gonna have to wait until archive is over to get that ow2 april update, arent we…

Strong agree. Archives is supposed to be for lore related skins and honestly these ones would be absolutely fine for normal boxes or even Halloween

I don’t doubt that the artist put in great effort. They just don’t fit the event,'s theme sorry to say that, but that’s how I feel about it.

They’re more suited for the anniversary event which features all sorts of random skins.

2 Likes

i like the skins, and they’re the only reason i’ve been logging in while waiting for the next patch tbh :slight_smile:

D.Va literally got a skin 5 months ago lol. Where’s my Good Lucio skin at? Also, I sympathize with the Sym main’s. I’d think Blizzard would have forgotten about her if every other post wasn’t about how she never gets a skin.

Making skins for the enjoyment of the community rather then hopefully pushing lootbox sales? BLASPHEMY!

2 Likes

Or anniversary
just
not archieves :frowning:

1 Like

I really do think the skins this event look alright. Genji’s and Zarya’s skins both look incredible. But as myself and many others have said… they just don’t belong in this event. If we’d gotten these for Anniversary, or if they’d just been added in without an event, that would have been great.

This article was an interesting read though!

omg yay! She got a skin after 4 years of not getting a halloween skin! :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat: :heartbeat: :heartbeat: