Legendary Custom Bots (LCB) 8.0 + More - Some words about my next plans

Current Version 7.0: ARM3M

Hi everyone,
I’m not Jeff and im not from the Overwatch team, but im here to talk about the current state of my own AI. This project is nearly the biggest 1 game mode project that exist 260+ rules + 19500 Script elements and a work shop inspector counting 10000 entries per sec. Yeah the numbers are big, so the big question: how to continue, because the element limit is 20000, so that’s nothing. How to improve Bots now?

The next patch 8.0 focus not big amazing AI updates like the sniper AI last patch. This patch is a big performance and structure update. Bots using an server load reducing system that deny server crashes in 12 bots fights. How does it work? Id reduce the number of abilities bots can use, whenever the server load is high.
This is not enough. i work 10 years with programming (no job) and my main section is AI-Design. there 10000+ way to realize a wish but only 1 way that can be the best (lowest needed amount of code, to reduce server load very hard). My Bots had 5 different navigation systems and all of them has the same goal but intensive performance differences. So my goal for patch 8.0 is to reduce the amount of elements needed to do the same. for more updates i need more space, so i must rework the structure to reduce the number from 19500 to 17000 or lower. This update don’t change the core AI. only the script size.

Anything interesting in 8.0?
Yes, its not a structure update only. Here some other plans i have:

• Reworking: Moira, Junkrat, Mei, Winston
  • Allow players to use bots in other game modes like ffa or tdm if they play on the same core map.
  • Bots trying to dodge abilities.

Doom Bots
After my Structure update i add Doom Bots as my second game mode
Doom Bots Info: Custom Legendary Bots 7.0 patch notes + Doom Bots preview - #2 by DreadedGhoul-2712

More Projects
Yeah, if you have amazing Bots you can do allot with them. Check out my list of game modes I planned.

• Arena Mode (Survive Enemy waves (no horde mode))
  • Survival Mode (Survive Enemy waves (horde mode))
  • Pokewatch with Bots
  • Add Bot support for other great game modes

Greetings, Dalgon - AI

4 Likes