Legacy hero option in custom games for OW2

This deserves more likes and is great example of the positive side of the Overwatch community. That’s what we need more in the future : increasing and protecting players’ creativity.

7 Likes

Not everyone post on the forum about every small issue. I might have made my first forum post in here, but i am plat border. I normally discuss Overwatch on different discord channels. I just care a lot about what about to happen so i decided to come.

11 Likes

I agree, this would be a greatly appreciated feature. Blizzard games are known for their amazing UGC (User Generated Content) – from Warcraft, Starcraft, and now Overwatch. Lots of people have spent huge efforts creating amazing content for players using these character kits. As a parkour creator myself I can relate to this challenge.

So please, Blizzard, if it is possible please add support to the Workshop to allow heroes to use old hero kits (e.g. Doomfist using OW1’s ability kit).

Thank you for taking the time to listen. Much appreciated, on behalf of the entire Gemster’s Workshop community :heart: !

8 Likes

Yeah that’s definitely pretty suspicious, maybe someone payed others to comment? Lol

4 Likes

Vouch.

It’s on Blizzard to preserve these game modes and they have to do something about it. Players have put in way too much time creating these maps for specific heroes and it would really suck to make these workshops go to waste.

6 Likes

Also one other thing I hope they do is still allow us to do 6v6’s in custom games…I was a bit sad to see we couldnt do it in the betas

10/10 name

2 Likes

My dude, be happy if u get even basic things they promised let alone legacy heroes.

3 Likes

Surely the fact i have 800+ hours of doom parkour didn’t bring me here to help save doom parkour :thinking:

10 Likes

Well, it’s still a good thing to support such a thing (for once nothing controversial or toxic). If the person behind this thread managed to get a whole lotta people to support them, it’s still a good thing.

I just hope it’s not the same poster with tons of alt accounts, that would be a little desperate… :grimacing: :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

LOL, my Gemster’s Workshop community alone has nearly 5,000 Discord members all interested in Overwatch Parkour (it’s what the server is centered on), the DFP server also has plenty of players. It’s a huge playerbase (and one of the most active sub-groups of OW that aren’t focused on PvP). Not surprising that they are rallying to finally speak up on the forums. They have no reason to ever say anything else here since it’s typically PvP conversations here (which doesn’t pertain to this crowd).

So no, no one was paid. It’s just an enthusiastic and caring community that wants to keep itself alive because it has built many great memories and experiences for so many out there.

9 Likes

Hmmn out of 28 replies 18 of them are from people with very little replies, and this post got 60 likes in like 2 hours.

Yeah, that’s definitely not normal :joy:

Oh ok that’s fair, it was just pretty sus ngl

But I’m glad that more OW players are being active here asking blizzard for changes that they are interested in.

5 Likes

Yeah understandable how that may appear sus :slight_smile:
Thank you for the support! Overwatch may have its fair share of problems, but it’s brought us all together to make great experiences. We hope the Overwatch team will help keep these communities alive~

7 Likes

I’m proud of you son

4 Likes

Maybe we just play the actual game more than being on a forum.

I have 3k+ hours across all my accounts and half of that is doomfist parkour

5 Likes

Yeah that’s fair, but seeing dozens of brand new posters comment and like a single topic in a short period of time was definitely very abnormal here.

Regardless, I already know that you all came from some sort of discord

6 Likes

I don’t even play DF but I support this appeal. It’s a shame that so many people can lose their fav mode

5 Likes

I think this will be more technically challenging than one might initially imagine. As the game rules evolve and engine features are tweaked for the current state of the game, bringing back behaviors is probably not as simple as just making two different code changes. There may be model and animation changes. Nothing is impossible, but essentially what they’d probably have to end up doing is use the system they have in place for the experimental card to modify the rules. And while they can probably lean on the previous implementation for reference, each previous iteration you wanted to reintroduce access to would likely need to be hand built again to use that system. And it might have to be touched up with each new patch. And it might not be stable with the current state of the game. The biggest problem is it’s a continuous testing and maintenance nightmare on top of being as much work as a balance patch to bring out an initial implementation. They could throw it out there with no “warranty,” but that doesn’t mean the community won’t bring them headaches as if there was one implied.

So it’s not an unreasonable thing to want, but I think it is technically impractical and I don’t see how they could justify the initial or sustained resources needed for it.

1 Like

I’d be up for a legacy version of EVERY champ in custom games, so that Bli$$ard could actually collect metrics about how many players prefer to play the legacy versions over the new ones. I doubt they’d acknowledge any of it but at least we’d have the option.

2 Likes

There’s thousands of hours across thousands of players that is just gone with the doomfist as tank rework.

i cant post a screenshot because forums wont let me, but i have 1500 hours in dpk on this account alone

7 Likes

Just a lot of people supporting the Doom

5 Likes