Leaving game causes "Rendering Device Has Been Lost"

So often when I try to press Leave Game option my PC will crash saying it lost the rendering device. Is this a bug or my computer?

2 Likes

I bought a gpu for my work computer which is a little underpowered.
The only one I could find that could run the game and work off of the computer’s existing power supply was a few years old, model year wise.
When I installed its drivers it auto-installed the now defunct raptr/amd gaming evolved suite.
I got that rendering device error multiple times until I deinstalled that bloatware. It seems like it fixed it.
Not sure if this is your problem it might be a start.
Good luck, I know how frustrating that is.

1 Like

I have a GTX 970m so I am not sure what I need to change there. Your example is actually quite helpful. It probably is my drivers.

1 Like

If you haven’t checked this out already, this may be able to help you out. "Your Rendering Device Has Been Lost"

Also, Blizz Support may be able to point you in the right direction.

2 Likes

That thread was a great resource and I TOTALLY FORGOT when I deinstalled the bloatware I reset the gpu to its defaults. (I had been trying to push it with the clock!)

2 Likes

You solve this? I’ve had the exact same issue for ages.

I am also having the same issue? Quit game will cause this error. Any solution? Tried everything blizzard post suggest