Leavers and Quickplay

I’ve already posted about this but I feel it’s a really big problem, leavers in competitive. I wrote a while back asking why it is that you get punished for being disconnected and for anyone that doesn’t know it’s because if you’re already losing a game you could just disconnect to not take the SR loss, which in all fairness makes sense.

I have very unreliable WiFi (My fault) which leads to me getting disconnected and punished for it a lot which in turn makes it impossible to climb. I don’t know if this sounds stupid but why wouldn’t it be possible if you get disconnected to just receive the punishment / reward your team got unless it’s the last 2 minutes which then you wouldn’t be able to receive a reward, but would be able to loose SR which I will explain the reasoning for down below soon, just an idea don’t know if that is something that would work.

That leads me to my second point, being on the team of the leaver, I think that either that team should, if they lose, loose very minimal sr, and if they win, gain a ton of SR (encourages people to stay) or put a backfill in but the backfiller wouldn’t loose as much SR if they lost. Now you could say in my first idea in conjunction with the disconnected policy (I thought of above) that you could have a friend leave early by disconnecting to boost everyone’s SR without punishment which is why I said earlier that if you disconnect in the last 2 minutes you can only receive an outcome of loss, though you still wouldn’t be punished as bad as a true leaver.

The final thing I wanted to talk about was Quick-play, since competitive sucks I play a lot of quickplay, I don’t know if it’s just me but I feel 4 out of 5 quickplay matches suck because the team balancing is terrible, either we roll the enemy team in 2 minutes or they roll us, no in between. And it usually makes for a bad experience because when the games over you have to spend another 10 minutes queuing if your most people (DPS players).

sorry for writing an essay

Don’t play comp modes if you have bad pc/wifi

problem is it’s the core of the game