Leaver penalty not severe enough

So far this season I’ve lost 8 matches and of those 8, I’ve had leavers in 5 of those matches. I’ve had this problem frequently in past seasons as well. I am beyond frustrated. I’m essentially losing because of something completely out of my control and my sr is penalized for it. It’s incredibly difficult if not impossible for me to raise my sr.

The system needs to be changed so that in the situation that you have a leaver on your team, your sr is not punished for losing because let’s be honest, you’re not likely to win when its a 5v6. Additionally, I don’t think the winning team should be rewarded for winning with a player advantage, but whatever, that’s not my main concern.

To discourage leavers, I think the penalty needs to be more severe. The -50sr per left match is fine but I think the -75% xp penalty when you leave a certain ratio of games should be done away with and the next penalty should just go straight into a season ban. Obviously a leaver doesn’t want to play the game. Just ban them so they don’t make their teammates suffer.

1 Like

The ban should be as long as the player is online, and for all games, not just competitive.
For example, if I leave a game and close the game, my ban should start the next time I enter it again, only when online. The only issue is when it kicks you from the serve and you have nothing to do about it because servers suck.

I disagree. I think the current steps to punish leavers is completely appropriate because it’s impossible to distinguish them from accidental / unintentional disconnects.

3 Likes

That is harsh lol

Why dont we just send a signal to nuke their GPU upon leaving while were at it lol

Sure there are probably cases where it’s a bad connection, but I highly doubt the majority of leavers are in that situation. The timing is just too convenient. Oh the other team just got all 3 points with 1:30 in the time bank? Sounds like a good time for the internet to start acting up!

I used to think it wasn’t strict enough, but honestly I’ve discovered that they’re aren’t enough leavers per game for it to matter as much (in the last 20 games I played, I think I got 1 leaver in total, which is not that bad).

50 SR and harsher punishments that scale in severity with each leave should be enough.

God I wish that were me.

I’ve played a total of 16 games, just 16. So 5 out of my 16 games had leavers which is over 25%. I had a game where 3 people left. As you can see, it’s a huge problem for me.

Honestly I don’t get why people are against a more severe leaver penalty. If you don’t leave, then it won’t be a problem.

Each time a player leaves competitive matches any time before the Victory/Defeat screen, he will receive a 50 SR penalty. In addition, a leaver will receive increasing automatic bans, with each leave:

• 10 minutes
  • 30 minutes
  • 2 hours
  • 8 hours
  • 24 hours
  • Season Ban (with a season ban, no rewards including end-of-season bonus competitive points are received)

Above from