League tokens and watching on Chromecast

Does watching a game on a TV via chromecast from Twitch on my computer allow me to accrue League tokens or is it just on Twitch or the phone app?

I ask because I watched both earlier matches yesterday and didn’t receive any.

Thanks!

What platform do you play Ovewatch on? If on Console make sure your Console account is linked to your Blizzard Battlenet account.

Also, your Blizzard Battlenet account needs to linked to either your Twitch account, or your MLG account when watching on one of those two platforms, or be logged in Overwatch League’s official website when watching from there.

There is a handy guide on Overwatch’s Leagues website with all of the needed steps, so head there. I’d link you myself but I do not yet have linking abilities.

I play on PC. My Blizzard account is linked to Twitch, I watch on Twitch. Since the last app update on iOS I am able to watch and get tokens in app. I still prefer Twitch. Is there a way to link Twitch and Blizzard both ways, I mean on Blizzard site to Twitch and on Twitch site to Blizzard? Perhaps I missed one way?

Thanks for the info!

No problem, however, I have new information since the original post. It sounds like the Chromecast dongle that runs the stream doesn’t use your sign-in information directly (only the device you control the dongle from does but that is not running the stream). So this might the source of Twitch for you not working. I have since created a guide here on the forums with new details:

Oh wow, nice follow-up, thanks!