Ive had this issue for the past almost 2 months. I’m in comp mode, everyone freezes or it skips then boots me out of the game completely. Never asks like it used to about rejoining , instead it now issues me bans. Last month i couldn’t log in to the game for 3 weeks so i never got the chance to get dvas wave racer skin. Ive put alot of money into this game to have blizzard start banning me from comp because their servers are having issues. I need help with this ASAP… stop putting bans on my account blizzard! I’m not leaving on purpose, servers keep losing connection! Ive already done the disconnect/ reconnect my battle tag thing and reset my router… checked connections on my ps4 tester too… pls help
Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:
Since it sounds like you have tried most end user troubleshooting for your connection, the next best possible step is to test your connection route to see where the problem is occuring. The best way to do this is by using a Windows computer that is connected to the same local area network of your console and run a WinMTR test:
- Download WinMTR from http://winmtr.net/download-winmtr/ (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
- Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
- Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
- Run the WinMTR.exe
- Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 126.96.36.199:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 188.8.131.52
- Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
- Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
- Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~
If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:
- US West - 184.108.40.206
- US Central - 220.127.116.11
- Brazil - 18.104.22.168
- Europe - 22.214.171.124
- Europe - 126.96.36.199
- Korea - 188.8.131.52
- Taiwan - 184.108.40.206