Launch-->Black Screen--Back to Launch. Help!

I have completed installing and updating Overwatch (for the 4th time) and it always does the same thing. I will launch the game, it shows running and goes into a black screen as if its starting up. After this the game closes and goes right back into the Launcher ready to be launched again. I have gone through all the troubleshooting recommendations from Blizzard, searched similar threads (no help from ANY tech in regards to there problems). Worked all angles of firewalls, updates, drivers, and no, no Razer software is installed on my computer. I have never ran into an issue like this before where its impossible to get a game running without any help from the devs. There has to be a solution. Please post if you have similar/same issue/s.

3 Likes

Mind posting a DxDiag report? You had mentioned not having any Razer software installed. Have you ever had any Razer peripherals period? If so what did you have?

What the hell kind of help is that? U locked a new post with the same issue (game wont start, black screen etc.) and said that go to this link where u tell some guy to post DxDiag to you… thanks for the help… great job there… now i can play the game!.. wait… no… NO I CANT!
I have the same problem and no solution is presented anywhere. Dont you care that many players cant even start your games? Give us some answers please! Or give us someone who has dealed with a problem like this before.

2 Likes

@ERoK
The thread that I locked was from February. The new post on that thread was from the OP from this thread. There’s no need to necro an old thread when you already have your own thread on the issue.

With that said, if you take a look on the forums this black screen issue is a common problem and in many cases it ends up being a Razer Chroma related issue. We have a post regarding that issue here. The following are some examples of this issue:

If you need assistance, then I suggest posting the DxDiag report and we can go from there. As mentioned above, this is often a Chroma related issue and so if you have the Razer Chroma SDK installed, we suggest removing it.

Thank you for the reply. I do have both of the reports requested however I am a little confused on how to attach the requested files into a response…

1. Press Windows Key + R.
  2. Type DxDiag and press Enter.
  3. In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
  4. Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.
  5. Open the file in Windows Notepad, then press Ctrl+A to select all text, then Ctrl+C to copy all text to the clipboard.
  6. Start a new reply, and type two sets of four squiggly lines and then place the cursor in between and press Ctrl+V to paste the Contents in a code block. Example:

~~~~
Paste your DxDiag File Here
~~~~

1 Like

Ok I tried that and the file is still to many characters. Is there a large block of information that’s not required?

Very well, we will need to externally link it.

1. Go to http://www.pastebin.com
  2. Click on the open field in the middle of the webpage and paste the contents of the DxDiag there and click the “Create New Paste” button.
  3. Copy the hyperlink provided by the site and paste that hyperlink here between two tick (`) marks like so:
`www.pastebin.com/linktaghere`
1 Like

https://pastebin.com/XGpBY4Wa

I have just been having this issue starting today too and idk how to fix it

Yeah I have seen many people posting about this happening so I have high hopes we can have a solution others can use and get back into the game.

1 Like

Okay, it appears you have an HP Omen notebook of sorts, however it appears the graphics card running is the Intel HD Graphics 4600. I have a feeling you actually have a dedicated graphics card. Please follow these instructions:

Ok I gave it a go as instructed and it looks like were still running into the same issue :disappointed_relieved:

2 Likes

Very well, at this point lets wait for Zhyxen to give additional input, looks like he is typing now.

@Chadchops

Are you currently running any security programs? Seeing some potential issues with Windows Defender but would like to know if you have anything else running.

The only program I see is Windows Defender and I haven’t added anything different

I have tired everything everyone has recommended and it has also not worked for me

2 Likes

As well. I wanted to make sure I tried every option available to make sure it was a legitimate problem because then I would be sure others would be searching for the same answers on why there game wont work. Hopefully the end result is this being the fix to everyone’s questions.

@crazywildcgp
Be sure to also post a DxDiag report if you’re having the same issue.

@Chadchops8
Can you go through the steps below to disable Fullscreen Optimization?

Let’s try disabling fullscreen optimization and launch the game again:

1) Navigate to the Overwatch install folder.
2) Right click Overwatch.exe and go to Properties. 
3) Go to the Compatibility tab.
4) Check Disable Fullscreen Optimization and hit Apply. 
5) Do the same for Overwatch Launcher.exe.

From there let’s go ahead and disable the real time protection on Windows Defender to test.

If there’s still issues from there, can you email a msinfo report to techinfo@blizzard.com? In the body of the email, please include a link to this thread.

update just tried to play diablo 3 and it did 100% what ow does