Latency since Brigitte update

Ever since Brigitte was launched, it’s said “LATENCY” next to my ping. I used to run a solid 15-20 ping while playing, and now the number has shot up to around 50-60, which isn’t bad, but it’s not not what it used to be, and I’ve had the same internet since before the update. Occasionally it will shoot up to the hundreds, but more often abilities will get canceled after the animation and out me back where I was, resulting in death. It also jumps me around occasionally, such as when playing Pharah, the game will glitch me up and down while flying, same thing goes for Genji’s double jump. It’s bad enough getting stunned/hacked/frozen every 2 seconds, but when this is happening constantly it’s ruining game play, and I’ve had many ruined plays/ missed opportunities/ unessicary deaths and it’s only been happening since Brigitte was launched to the live servers. Is there any indication as to if this will be fixed, and if there is when will it be fixed.

With the Brigitte update, they changed how “ping” is displayed (now shown as latency).

Granted, you’re reporting a change of 30 instead of 20, but the idea is still the same.

As for the actual lag spikes (and I know this isn’t what you want to hear) but that probably is more on your end. I do feel like they unoptimized the game a bit, as I’ve gotten the same spikes with a brand new computer, but normally closing basic background stuff like my web browser seems to help smooth things over.