šŸ”· Symmetra 3.0 is she really OP?

I feel like until the click-bug is fixed (where if you click rapidly, or fling your crosshairs over the enemy rapidly while holding click, you reapply full damage each time the beam touches. 3 touches per second = 3x damage output) we canā€™t say for sure. Itā€™s too easy to even unintentionally trigger this bug to say how her balance is, at least in regards to her left click which is arguably a huge piece of her kit.

I think the TP could use a cooldown everytime someone uses it. Itā€™s bizarre how she can set up full team flanks.

you can kill a rein in like 2 seconds after destroying his barrier but her other parts of her kit are reasonable

Every hero ever released or reworked was ā€œOPā€ on these forums. Just ignore and move on. When she finally sees some actual gameplay (live, competitive) we might start talking about her balance.

soldier strongtext 76 main btw

1 Like

You didnt sign with #revertmercy?

I dont know you anymore

Shouldnā€™t that be 3.0? Just a thoughtā€¦

btw, I agree, sheā€™s not OP! Though her right click is VERY spammable and probably has a bit too much travel speed for how much of it ends up on the battlefield at once.

No need. Itā€™s my battletag.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

1 Like

Iā€™d be fine if it didnā€™t ramp up on barriers, that never seemed very fair to me. Iā€™d still play her if that was nerfed.

Yes. From the way I see it, the way she works now is when you hold it down, damage pumps out at a regular interval, Obviously because its a beam. Someone found out that the interval will reset and immediately start when you activate your primary, so people are making macros to click 50 time a second and obliterate a roadhog in 3 seconds flat.

1 Like

Yeahā€¦ Thatā€™s going to be a problem lol. Letā€™s hope the devs catch it.

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

Why are people complaing about the damage Symmetra have?
Shes god awfull at long/mid range, where 90% of the matches happends.
If your bad enough to get symmetra close up, you deserve to get burn. If the Symmetra is good/smart enough to get close to you. She deserve to have huuuge bonus, since she cant thouch you mid/long range.

But this we already had before, dont matter if you boost her damage. If Symmetra got close to you, you where already dead.

2 Likes

The tele only has 300 health which means Hanzo can wipe the tele in 1 second. The set up feels like almost 3 seconds to get the tele up. I think that combo is still going to be an issue.

Keep in mind they already nerfed her ammo count by 2/3 so in someways she needs that so she isnā€™t reloading constantly. Personally I would like to see her secondary get reverted so it pierces still and have her ammo not regen on barriers and bring her ammo back to 100.

1 Like

I think it makes her more interesting. Instead of barriers just being something that you charge off of. They are a really interesting way for ammo mangement.

I think the beam not ramping up would be the best. Since it makes her have a really interesting mechanic that is more complex than just holding M1 at a shield.

I have an idea, how about instead of leveling up her beam by attacking shields she recovers her lost shield-hp or gain more (like doom does )?

1 Like

If they did that I they would have to jack her damage up drastically since she is balanced around the idea of her damage having high potential. People would end up complaining worse than it is.

I actually called this entire situation right now back when everyone wanted her moved from a support to a dps. I said they would have to raise her damage since her damage is I believe the 5th lowest in the game. People were already complaining it was too high so making her a DPS means they would have to raise it and people wouldnā€™t be able to handle it. Here we are this is exactly whats happening.

1 Like

I watched a bunch of videos showing her new kit and I donā€™t consider her OP at all, at least not on a base level.
I can see a huge potential to be incredibly flexible by someone who becomes an expert using her, but from there to becoming oppressive, no, not at all.
Iā€™m am very glad she got these changes. I always liked the more strategical style of her kit, plus she is in my top 3-4 most played heroes. I guess she will climb to #2 or even #1 :slight_smile:

I think she is deadly OP on the test server, donā€™t know if itā€™s because of a bug or not. But if she is released the way she currently is, I will instant pick her every single match.

1 Like