Laptop cant run overwatch?

Okay so I got my first gaming laptop and overwatch wont get past 30fps in the home menu then when going in a game (training room) the game runs at like 10-15fps? The laptop I have is a MSI GL65 with an RTX 2060 + i7 10th gen CPU. This thing should be blowing overwatch out of the water, yet I cant get past that choppy FPS nor anywhere near 144 for my monitor hz. atm the only other game I have installed is Final Fantasy XIV and that game is running just fine. I know they may not be comparable but honestly I dont see any reason why Overwatch is running this bad.

1 Like

Razer peripherals by chance? Check this pinned thread:

nope, all MSI things and no external peripherals, I would link the exact laptop I have but I cant link. Here is the exact model “MSI GL65 Leopard 10SEK-022,” Could it be possible that for whatever reason the game is not using the GPU and instead trying to run off something else like the CPU? Because this is around the same performance I got with my previous laptop, just your average low powered workstation with no GPU. I’m just not sure what exactly to check to see what the game is running off of since it doesnt really tell you.

Howdy Zalg0,

Have you tried closing all other programs temporarily so we can test the game by itself? If so, let’s get a DxDiag:

1. Press Windows Key + R, type in DxDiag and press Enter.
  2. In the window, click Save All Information.
  3. Name the file and click Save.
  4. Please copy and paste the DxDiag information in-between the code blocks (</> button).
It should look like this.

it wont let me post the diag because it goes over the character limit.

EDIT: maybe a pastebin would work. I saw others run into this issue, here is a pastebin of my diag

https://pastebin.com/yx1CVe7w

First, change your power settings to High Performance, not Balanced. You will likely need to remain plugged into the wall. The Balanced mode conserves power and might be using the integrated GPU. Second, you may need to reinstall or disable the Nahimic audio suite, since they use an overlay and are reporting a crash. This app is bundled with MSI’s bloatware :smiley: