I’ve been streaming OW and i’ve never experienced lagged like i have been. Even while not streaming i’ve been lagging and i did look into the forums but i still can’t seem to stop any of the lag. I do have a razer keyboard and i did end the whole process on razer so that it was never running. My drivers are up to date and i can’t seem to stop the lag while on stream. Idk if anyone could help here but its worth a shot. I’ve been contemplating to stop streaming overall cause of it. Someone said it could be my internet but it’s not that bad and i’ve been able to run Overwatch on High/Ultra with 140+ fps but now it goes from 140 to 30 for every couple mins while in game and its annoying. I even checked my stream settings but idk what to do… At this point i need any help because this is really frustrating…
Since I don’t know if your lag is connection or hardware based, let’s look at both of these tests, please:
WinMTR instructions (click to expand/collapse)
Follow the support documentation for WinMTR. If you’re unable to get into a game for the IP address, then use an IP from the table provided on that page that matches your region. Run the test until you encounter the issue again, or for at least 10 minutes.
Share your results in a reply:
- Click the “Copy Text to clipboard” button after you’ve finished the test per the instructions.
- Paste the text in a reply, then highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.
- Break any links by adding a space before .com, .net, etc.
DxDiag instructions (click to expand/collapse)
- Press Windows Key + R.
- Type DxDiag and press Enter.
- In the DxDiag window, click Save All Information.
- Name the file “dxdiag” and click Save.
To add it to your reply here:
- Open the text file and copy all of the text.
- Paste the text in your reply.
- Highlight the pasted text and click </> on the post editor.
Note: If your DxDiag does not fit in one message, you can post it on Pastebin.com and provide the hash code (the numbers/letters after the .com) in your reply.
Note: I’m an MVP/volunteer, and I don’t work at Blizzard.
If you are new to the forums you can’t reply to yourself, but the edit button is available. Just go ahead and reply to me here.
pastebin .com/azrAMCfY … That is the DxDiag i’m going to run the WinMTR right now
Device Name: Razer Ornata Chroma
Update Windows You may need to manually check, but you have updates waiting.
Check this thread pinned in the forum:
Known Technical Support Issues - [Updated May 18, 2019!]