I have now lagged out, or gotten disconnected from two games and lost a total of 100 sr, there was nothing wrong with my internet and it happened to more players than just me at the same time, I want my Sr back thank you, and fix your servers please.
I have the same issue.
Unfortunately all disconnections and game crashes counts as leaving the match and will be penalized appropriately. The game server has no way to discern a legitimate disconnection or game crash from one that is forcefully caused by a dishonest player to bypass leaver penalties. You can learn about this policy here:
Remember if you see the message, “Lost Connection to the Server” in the title screen or the message “Failed to Connect to Server” in yellow text in the text chat box, this means there is something that disrupted your connection to the game server and not a problem with the game server itself. There can be a variety of reasons this happens including those that don’t disconnect your computer from the Internet. There is great troubleshooting to start with that can most likely resolve most issues and I encourage you to check them out here:
As always if nothing in that guide works, please reply saying you completed these steps and try running a WinMTR test:
- Download WinMTR from https://sourceforge.net/projects/winmtr/files/WinMTR-v092.zip/download (Console players need a Windows Desktop Computer connected to the same network as their console to do this.)
- Unzip the WinMTR.zip file to the Desktop.
- Open the WinMTR folder and select the 32 or 64 bit version. Choose whichever one corresponds to your version of Windows.
- Run the WinMTR.exe
- Type the IP address you want to trace in the “Host” field. To get the correct IP you will actually need to open up the game and go Practice Vs AI or Quick Play and if you are on PC hit Ctrl+Shift+N and it will bring up the ingame network diagnostic graph, or go to Video > Options > Display Network Performance Graph if you are on any platform including Console. In the top left corner is the IP address you want to run WinMTR to.
note When looking at the IP it will show up ingame as something like 22.214.171.124:12345. You will want to leave the last 5 digits and the colon at the end off and the IP you want to use is just the 126.96.36.199
- Once you notice the connection issue while playing, play for about 6 more minutes, minimize the game and click on “Stop”.
- Click on “Copy text to clipboard”, then return to this forum thread.
- Type two sets of four squiggly lines and then paste the contents of the WinMTR test between:
~~~~ Paste WinMTR Test Results Here ~~~~
If in the event you can’t even connect to Overwatch and get into any game mode at all, please use one of the following IP addresses based on your geographical region:
- US West - 188.8.131.52
- US Central - 184.108.40.206
- Brazil - 220.127.116.11
- Europe - 18.104.22.168
- Europe - 22.214.171.124
- Korea - 126.96.36.199
- Taiwan - 188.8.131.52
cisco39, I have responded to your WinMTR test results in the other thread you posted in.