Lag Spikes abound

Since the new update has been released I have been experiencing horrible lag spikes at the worst of times. I have checked, replugged, restarted, and everything else you can thing of on my end to see if its me. This is an issue in this game only and ONLY started with the new update pushed out. I have uninstalled and reinstalled so many times. Finally I have uninstalled and will not return until this issue has been fixed. It is also being experienced by a large number of players so just further proof it isn’t in any way attached to my internet/router/computer or anything else.

This sounds coincidental. As every new patch comes out, there is always a flood of people blaming any issue they experience on the patch, and it’s usually unrelated when it gets resolved through troubleshooting. Can you post a WinMTR to the server you normally connect to? Just choose Overwatch on this support page (below) and then use the general IP for your region if you don’t have the game installed anymore.

Add spaces to links, and post between ``` marks

like this, winmtr goes here

No. I have never experienced issues with other patches or since I downloaded the game during final beta. The fact you automatically assume the lack of intelligence on my end by disbelieving a game can have issues is an insult. Thanks anyways, but I’ll pass on trying to fix something not on my end and out of my control. And a quick glance of your other replies show the same lack in assuming some gamers have an intelligence above that of a 3 year old. For future feedback posts, try starting with assuming they’ve tried the basic issues before acting superior in knowledge. Peace.

A lot of technical issues and known issues are resolved by the steps and information that Blizzard staff has written for players, and it really does help many players by sharing it again in their threads. If I can draw your attention to this post in the stickies:

These reports (DxDiag and WinMTR) help anyone trying to diagnose your issue, be it a community member like myself or the actual Blizzard staff. It could be that a routing hop between you and Blizzard is malfunctioning, receiving maintenance, or there could simply be a routing error on the part of your ISP – these types of things happen all the time. A WinMTR helps pinpoint where it’s happening. I really am just trying to help you figure this out because I know it’s frustrating, and I will still look over your reports if you post them.

1 Like