KSA (Kingdom of Saudi Arabia) country flag icon

Hey Blizzard and Thanks for the great times and games you giving us since 2004.

I submit this request and I am hopeful and thankful to fulfill it as soon as possible.

we would like to see our flag rising among the other countries’ flags in OverWatch.

We Saudi’s with Pride and joy highly request to have the chance to choose and represent our nationality and the nation.

Our presence is high and influencer and with a strong impact in every game in every way and we kindly would like to Fulfill this simple and important request to us.

for my self, I am the Former Guild Master and the Founder of Rank 1 Arab Guild in Worldofwarcraft

< Corrupted Squad > - Kazzak

• Peak Progress
  • :Top 10 Realm “Kazzak”
  • :Top 100 Eu
  • :Top 200 World

and here are some Gamers and supporters of this Wish request:-

1:- Rank 1 DPS ( YZNSA )
* Multi top 10 Ranks
* Name:yazan

2:- Rank 1 Support ( Sirmajed )
* Majed “SirMajed” Alrashied is a Saudi player recently playing for
Angry Titans.

3:- Rank 1 Tank ( KSAA )

Peak SR at 4762
    Top 500 on EU Leaderboard
    Ended #1 on Competitive

4:- KssarPlayz
* 20yo Flex DPS For Saudi Arabia’s National Team
* And Player/Streamer For TheUltimatesgg
* PEAK 4620
* Won Best Arabian PC Player Award
*Youtuber With 75K Subs

Thanks, A lot for everything :heart:

31 Likes

Forgive me if I’m wrong, but if I remember correctly, aren’t there certain rules about how the Saudi flag can be used?

12 Likes

As far as I am aware Blizzard already stated that they turned every flag into a player icon which they are allowed to use.

If a flag isn’t included it is most probably because of restrictions that are out of Blizzards hands.

21 Likes

the only 1 rule for our flag is not flag Downing it.

because the name of God in it :slight_smile:

@knighthood we already know that they added flags and only added because of the Community request. and that’s what we are doing cheers and thanks for stepping by :).

1 Like

No, they didn’t and they don’t. If they could they would add every nations flag, Blizzard needs legal approval to add them.

16 Likes

They have said that they have added every flag they legally can and whatever flag is missing is because the country’s government didn’t allow them.

15 Likes

Complementing what the others are saying, I think there was even a flag or two that had to be removed later because of those legal issues. Malta, I think?

3 Likes

our Saudi flag can be found in many games and we just want to see it and use it in OverWatch too :heart_eyes:

if there are any legal issues we want to hear it formally from Blizzard and we will endorse that issue directly to my country Government.

HES 18???

dang he sounds a lot older from the clips I’ve seen

1 Like

Wtf
Are you the governor of Saudi Arabia or something?

Thank god our king and price doors are open for whoever wants to contact.
a former GM has his ways also :innocent:

maybe ask them to allow arabic language in the text chat before adding the player icon?
when you type anything in arabic weird looking rectangles appear.

seriously arabic english is not so…practical.

Overwatch is different because countries do not want to affiliate with any organizations, countries or even sexual orientations. One small little thing like Tracer being a LesBean will reject approval

4 Likes

Bruh, if the flag isnt available, it wont be. The approval to use it was denied.

2 Likes

Is it offensive trolling to play Gay76 with a muslim flag? :thinking:

I’d take a Saudi hero instead, make him a bedouin DPS hero lmao

or a healer with pink hair, stronk personality

1 Like

It is a legal issue.

I mean, if you actually have ties with the government perhaps ask why they rejected it the first time :slight_smile:

that itself needs an explanation and reasoning. who can or who wants to dictated countries and governments and people?

He means they want to represent everyone, but cannot due to legal reasons. They’re not going to publicly share their legal filings with the public, so if you want to know, you’d have to petition your government to know why.

Unfortunately, I don’t believe it is an issue of them not wanting to include it, but rather the Saudi flag is actually not available for them to use due to external rules.