Know what my new Mercy fantasy is?

Yes. So that is why I asked for a link to Sovereign’s video to see if it will change my mind. Here is what I asked for:

It really sounds like you should just find another game to play. TF2 would probably be a good fit for ya, Medic is basically Mercy if she had more direct impact, and he actually is the only healer so everyone will depend on you.

4 Likes

It was the mind game that made Mercy fun. The thoughts of trying to out-think the enemy so they couldn’t win a 2cp game (or any game) by all charging in, pressing Q without any consequences. The ult economy is nothing like it was with mass rez because no one has to think “Okay, I can’t just stack 6 ults and win without worrying that the enemy team having a response to that” Zen is the closest, and even then you just have to out damage 300, or better yet Ana nade.

Taking that out of the equation, I am going to also attack this from how ablelist the whole “Mercy shouldn’t be rewarded for just pressing m1” argument. I have a disability that sometimes makes it to where using my right hand, is hard. Aiming is hard and on those days Mercy is a godsend. I don’t even have to hold m1 because she has toggle beam. Most of my right hand input is in my elbow and shoulder (my wrist is fused, and my fingers suck at being fingers). Mercy took away that high mechanical need that I have when playing Hanzo, or Zen heroes I very much enjoy playing, and put it in the mind game. That mind game is gone, that impact is gone.

By saying Mercy’s impact is fine due to the low-mechanical input required to play well as her is literally telling me “Because your right hand is struggling to exist right now, you impact of the game should be less than anyone else’s” At this point I don’t care if Mass Rez comes back, I want that mind game to come back, I want that impact to come back. I want to have those moments where I can literally make or break a push like literally every other hero can rather than going into a glorified spectator mode.

And before anyone says “Well Moira is similar” not really, the way my bones are fused the “press one button and forget it” playstyle I have with Mercy’s beam is the best. Lucio’s healing is low enough that in order for me to have similar impact as I did on Mercy means I have to deal damage and wall ride, which again…not the best considering I can’t turn around very well and as quickly as I need to when playing Lucio. When I say Mercy was the best for me given my limitations, I mean it.

Her 1.9% on fire rate speaks a lot to how nonexistent her “hero moments” are.

I think her 1.9% fire rate speaks to how it’s probably busted for her and still working like she has multi rezzing capabilities

Even then, her kit is pure-healing and from experience with no real bust healing, or “wow” moment like Ana getting a good nade, and clutch Nano, or Zen out-healing dragonball, or anything. There’s no rush with Mercy’s current kit. No feeling of “Yeah I did that” when using anything with her kit.

Yeah that’s subjective, but even if they “fixed” it on-fire status correlates with good ult usage. How is pressing Q flying into a safe spot and watching your team barely benefit from your healing worthy of “I’m on fire!”

This shows statistics about a handful of people’s idea of mercy’s state right now. I’m not sure if you’ve seen it, I know its not the whole OW community who participated in the survey (I didn’t participate in it) but it shows at least some sort of idea of what people think of mercy.
I’ve played mercy for a long time, I want to enjoy her, I want to play her but it’s hard when all I do is sit around, beaming heals at people. I’m emotionally attached to this character so thats why I want some kind of change in her kit in either reworks or reverts. Just because mercy isn’t fun to play, I should go find a new hero to play or a new game. Ignoring a problem doesn’t solve it. Theres an underlying problem that needs to be addressed.
Sovereign does seem to express an idea that mercy is terrible and can’t even be played at all and seem impactful. But people have been trying to express their opinions about mercy’s state and constantly have been ignored or filtered out, they’re just desperate for a change in a hero they love so much.
Mercy has been a topic for a long time now and for not much change to be made or at least, changes which mercy mains didn’t want, some avid mercy speakers are on the end of their lines.

Because if you are where you need to be, doing what you need to be doing, when you need to be doing it, then you should be on fire. That means healing people up, damage boosting targets down, rezzing people when possible, and blasting someone if the opportunity truly presents itself.

Mercy has a job, just as anyone else, and doing it well means she should be on fire. Even if it doesn’t feel like you’re having a big impact, Mercy can certainly have a huge sway on how fights progress.

All that being said, the on fire meter for Mercy specifically is probably busted still.

I came to this thread title because I was expecting some intense shipping content and now I’m sad.

sadly doot doots out of the thread

In a mid-fight almost everyone can out damage 50-60hps, especially in this burst damage-heavy meta. Zen, Lucio, Brig, and Moria answer this with their bust-healing/barrier ults. Ana addresses this by making a single DPS into a super-hyped damage mitigation machine. Mercy’s healing doesn’t change (much) and if we wanted a teamwide damage boost Orisa’s is a lot better.

If Mercy were to ult, who was gonna die is still going to die. There’s no burst heal like Ana’s 300hp nano, or 140hps Coalescence, or a surprise barrier from Lucio, or even a tiny block of armor from Brig. I have played my fair share of new mercy, and the ability to pull the team out from the jaws of defeat isn’t within Mercy’s kit anymore.

I have gone games without ulting or rezing and it didn’t change a thing. Other heroes you hold their ult and you know you’re holding back, Mercy you’re actually playing a more engaging game by not ulting, but man no one really notices your contributions.

What’s more is it only takes a Winston to completely negate her ult.

how come all the girls are support :sob::sob::sob:

Mercy 1.0 Pocket healer (Mass Rez)
Mercy 2.0 Pocket healer (Valkyrie)
Another rework
Mercy 3.0 Pocket healer (Giant angle wings causing teammates to fly)

No matter what shes going to be a pocket healer. Ashe and her seem extremely potent so enjoy it. Dont find her fun? Move on my guy.

5 Likes

Not ulting means you did have a negative impact on the game guarenteed.

As for saving who was or wasn’t going to die, that’s not what her ult is for, that should be obvious by it’s low comparative output.

And as for her not being good for the meta while Ana is better for it, that’s just tough luck. However, that doesn’t mean she can’t be used or useful.

And it only takes a Mercy ult to nullify Winston you mean, because your team is still there to murder the monkey if he tries diving into a Mercy ult like an animal.

Edit: Also, choosing between an Orisa ult and a Mercy ult isn’t hard because you can use both if you so desire, and also Orisa’s has no healing option either.

(quoting your whole post cus its important)

i wholly agree on the fact that mercy is super dependent on her teammates. its always been that way-
but the teammates are also dependent on her.
they need her healing, they need her rez. its a mutual dependency.

besides that, mercy is made that way, on purpose. she is meant for players who enjoy exactly that playstyle. if you dont enjoy it, nobody forces you to play it (especially now that shes not OP must pick anymore).

as for the part where you say old rez had more decisionmaking: i dont think it had more, but the decision itself was more important. both negative and positive outcomes were bigger. rez multiple teammates instantly to regain the control? or will they just get ulted again on the spot? the decision is still the same, but limited to a single ally plus the decision of whether its safe to use rez.

i say it again: its okay to not like her dependent playstyle, but its not gonna change, and its there for a reason.
they will try their best to make her valuable and balanced, but theyre not gonna change her playstyle.

not every hero that you love from a lore or aesthetic standpoint will also be your favorite in gameplay. it can be disappointing, but thats life. not everything is perfect.

1 Like

The concept of 100% Healer died in 2007. In 2018 you need DPS-HEAL in most of the games.

FFXIV during expert roulete/Raid if you dont DPS-HEAL people will complain

MOBAS HoTS-LoL the Support classes can DPS-HEAL are more desired than pure Healer

Overwatch is a hybrid between FPS-MOBA and of course healers can DPS Will be a lot more valuable.

FFXI even in this old game a good SCH can toss AoE REGEN V and nuke. The player will toss only Cure IV as emergency time-time but he will try to Recover MP via “Myrkr” + “Sublimation” to continue Nuking.

Moira&Zeny is my favorite healing combo in OW with enough coordination they have a big advantaje over a team pick Mercy + “X-Healer”. Even if i give back MASS-REZ to mercy still 5 vs 6

How many people took that survey? Something like 2800? Yeah, that’s not even .01% of the OW-playerbase. Heck, it also means that not even 2% of forum goers did it.

Plus, you’re talking about a survey that was mainly for forum goers. You’re inevitably going to have quite a lot of bias there, considering that pretty much every form of Mercy complaining happens here on the forums. Go to any other form of Social Media and you’re hardly going to find any Mercy complaining. Basically, any survey in this kind of regard for OW, is flawed because the sample size is much too small, and thus leaves too much of a margin of error.

You want to have zero bias for such a survey? Then you need to make all 40,000,000+ players take it. So, I’ll state again; they don’t speak for even 1% of Mercy players, or Mercy lovers. And if they don’t like how Mercy is not going to be reverted or reworked in any form (yes, the devs have stated both of these), then either find a new hero to play, or find a new game to play.

Haha I saw this on RagTagg’s video a few hours earlier.

4 Likes

I like Mercy. But. I like fun more. Soooo i have no qualms with quitting a crap hero to pick up a new one. Been playing a lot of Mccree lately and Ashe is looking pretty damn good so probably jumping ship to her too.

1 Like

Tell me you guys saw this post in Rag Tagg’s video?

5 Likes

As a support ult if it’s not there to save the team, what is it good for? Ana’s ult at least has the potential to stall a point.

As for the winston argument it doesnt mstter ivy winston is dead, anyone else’s damage with Winston will still kill the entire team.

The offensive capabilities of the ult are lackluster when compared to other ults, the defensive capabilities are pitiful, so what is her ult good for exactly?

Sounds like a good plan.

3 Likes