Kiriko sounds like (New) Blackwatch material

Judging from her exchanges with Sombra and Pharah (I think it was, about laws), plus some of her voice-lines, she’s more ready to dirty her hands and help through more unlawful means than Overwatch would ever willing to be. Now, to be honest, I don’t think she’s ready to as easily commit murder as the old Blackwatch did, and part of me wouldn’t really want her to go down a path as dark as that. But, it would be a welcome change, to have someone everyone automatically thinks of as a true hero become morally gray (and what is moral is subjective, anyway), and it would definitely distinguish her from much of the roster and make her different from the quite frankly boring heroes of Overwatch who still tie their own hands with the proverbial red-tape.

(And when I say New Blackwatch, I have a story-line in mind for my OC who would break away from Talon (along with Sombra) to start a new, reformed Blackwatch and do what Overwatch still can’t/won’t, which also fits Sombra better than either Talon or Overwatch. I’d never want her to join Overwatch. I’ll probably put it in a fanfic, at some point.)

Blackwatch was originally a section of Overwatch, not Talon, that did the illegal things Overwatch couldn’t openly do. They were also the biggest reason that Overwatch got shut down in the first place. It is extremely unlikely that the reformed Overwatch would want to form a new Blackwatch division. Blackwatch does not exist without Overwatch.

Kiriko has no affiliation with Overwatch - she’s a vigilante with her own gang and has shown no interest in joining Overwatch.

1 Like

I know what Blackwatch was, thank you. And I never said Overwatch would have any say in the formation of a new one. It would be well outside of their control, which is exactly the point. And yes, a new Blackwatch can damn well exist outside of Overwatch, without any affiliation, which is ALSO the point. chuckle

What I meant by my OC breaking away from Talon, is that he’d start out there, but wouldn’t really be loyal to their cause, as he’s more of a chaotic good type of character. He’d learn about Blackwatch and its history, and would decide it could still do good, without red-tape, without Overwatch. Much like Kiriko’s Yokai crew.

If they have no affiliation with new overwatch what would make them blackwatch? Or are you just calling them that to compare them?

1 Like

As I’ve said. My character learns about Blackwatch during his time at Talon and decides it could still do the work it used to do, even without being affiliated to Overwatch OR to Talon, for that matter.