Kiriko is just a better Mercy

yeah I think people hyper fixate on her tp thinking the mobility makes her like mercy.

1 Like

I don’t think her Kunai’s should be treated as medium or long-range damage. It should be coupled with her Swift Step and used to deal high damage to close targets. When you teleport to teammates to save them, all you need to do is use your burst heals, use invulnerability which heals another 50HP and then spam kunai’s at the enemy’s head at close range to kill them quickly.

Whatever that means…

Funny because her entire kit is orientated around pocketing and sustaining single teammates. She’s literally Oprah giving out handouts to DPS who are about to die or need help killing an enemy.

1 Like

Kiriko’s heal is a bit higher. But it is slow to travel, while Mercy’s is instant. Teammates died before the heal many times.

Funny the devs designed her to attract DPS players. And i assure you, “pocketing someone else” is the last thing on their mind.

1 Like

I think Kiriko will pocket a lot. However I think she is equal to Mercy.

We will see how it gonna play out soon.

1 Like

Yes. We need to see Win Rates. Kiriko might get nerfed or Mercy might get buffed.

Huh? You also have damage boost, nearly limitless mobility, and a revive. What is this supposed niche Kiriko is stepping on? The “auto-lock?”

1 Like

My personal guess would be Mercy’s buff in term of a new DPS like Ashe/Pharah/Echo.

But yeah they would buff Mercy directly, but most definitely not her HPS

1 Like

Yes. Blizzard has tested the HPS a lot.

Kiriko covers that field with her better utility + ult. Mercy’s Res and ult pales in comparison.

That’s also very predictable and easy to track. Compare that to Kiriko’s instant teleport on a 7 second CD and her wallclimb. In most scenarios where your DPS or tanks need pocketing to finish of an enemy or be saved, Kiriko would do it better than Mercy.

It’s garbage.

Sustained heals is just one aspect of the equation. :crazy_face:

The devs said “DPS would love her”. They didn’t say she was designed to attract DPS players. A good pocketing hero would obviously be a DPS’ wet dream.

1 Like

I am not saying that Mercy is a better hero, I just do not understand what perceived niche they share.

Are you saying she is a better pocket healer than Mercy? I might actually agree, depending on who you are pocketing. She might be better at pocketing tanks like Hog as she can cleanse the anti and allow him to heal the difference, I suppose?

I still feel Mercy will be the de facto best choice to pocket hitscan and flyers, which are typically who you would pocket.

1 Like

I dont know whether you are trolling or you are that dense…

1 Like

I’d like to add that there’s nothing wrong with 2 Heroes in the same niche or play a little bit similar. Look at Widowmaker and Hanzo.

In the standard Queue, if someone else wants to play Mercy, you play Kiriko. If someone else wants to play Kiriko, you play Mercy. Players need to learn a bit more than 1 hero these days.

1 Like

I can’t believe I am having to white knight Mercy but here goes. You made some flawed arguments. The first, is that Kiriko doing damage is better than damage boost. That is very situational. Sometimes it will be better and sometimes it won’t be.

You also assumed that a protect is better than a rez. That is also situational. It’s pointless if your pocket gets killed anyways. Also, rez’s value varies greatly on the situation. Rezzing another support or tank can be better than keeping a pocket DPS alive.

As for mobility, Kiriko’s teleport is great for getting out of trouble and pressuring frontline, but good Mercys never get into trouble in the first place, so it’s kind of a wash. It’s just that Kiriko plays forward and Mercy plays more backline, midline.

3 Likes

Kiriko is just a better Mercy

You are so smart.

1 Like

For the last time, Mercy is not a main support nor is she a heal bot. She is primarily a pocket support focused almost exclusively on damage boosting. That’s her niche. She’s not supposed to be a fantastic healer, she’s just supposed to heal the DPS when the main support can’t get to them. That’s it. Otherwise, she pockets someone. That’s how Mercy works.

1 Like

Just correcting myself: players sometimes (a few times) die before Ofuda reaches them.

Still, if someone wants to play Mercy, play Kiriko. If someone wants to play Kiriko, play Mercy.

I’m so obsessive. ^^"

Eeehhhh thing is that “nearly limitless mobility” solely rests on your teammates position.

(I mean I don’t get why so many people complain about Mercy’s movement when ya know Lucio exists and you abuse the movement and AD spam with him-this coming from a Lucio main)

REVERT MERCY BACK TO MOTH META VERSION, PERIOD :butterfly::smiling_face_with_three_hearts: