- Kiriko’s Healing Ofuda does 13HP per paper and she can fire one burst per second or around a second. That’s 130HP/s of consistent and reliable heals.
Obviously Mercy has an auto-lock but Kiriko’s heals are just homing missiles at this point - they’re not exactly aim intensive. They also travel way further. In other words, one of Mercy’s only niches has been taken.
- Kiriko’s sef-healing capabilities overshadow anything Mercy has to offer. Swift Step cleanses her of most debuffs andProtection Suzu cleanses and heals (50HP).
Meanwhile, Mercy, who was previously the only hero to have a passive self-heal, heals 22.5HP/s after not taking damage for 1.5 seconds. In comparison, all other supports heal 15HP/s after 1.5 seconds.
- Kiriko does more damage than Mercy. No surprises there… But a comparison can be made about how Kiriko can heal and damage at the same time whilst Mercy has to chose between the two. Her pistol could, theoretically deal more damage over a course of a match than Kiriko but she would have to give up healing to do so.
- Kiriko’s Swift Step is literally a better version of Mercy’s GA. There’s no other way to put it.
- Instead of a predictable vertical path, Kiriko is just teleported instantaneously for the same distance. Unlike Mercy’s GA, there’s barely any risk or downsides. It’s the perfect escape ability.
- As previously mentioned before, it also self-cleanses which just enhances Kiriko’s survivability.
- The CD is longer for Swift Step but honestly a 7 second CD is hardly long at all when taken at face value.
To put it mildly, Kiriko is more of a guardian Angel support than Mercy. Her insane mobility is compounded by the fact that she can also climb walls so nice Blizzard
- Kiriko has better utility and team enhancing abilities.
Protection Suzu is an AoE team cleanse and invulnerability ability. Compare that to a clunky and extremely difficult Resurrect that you A, have to wait for your teammates to die to use and B, is the longest CD ability in the game for what is relatively little value in comparison. Any GM player will you tell that a teammate being kept alive is better than reviving them after they die.
Damage Boost is arguably Mercy’s most invaluable ability but even this is overshadowed by Kiriko. For the amount of damage a Mercy boosts, a Kiriko could get double that amount in less the time. Even if we ignore Kiriko’s damage, Kiriko’s ultimate is absolutely insane and better than anything Valkyrie or Dmg Boost could throw at us.
I mean, let’s just do a little comparison:
- A 15 second ultimate which transforms Mercy’s single-target heals/dmg boost into AoE heals/dmg boost. So that’s 60HP/s or 30% dmg boost spread out across 4 teammates.
- A 10 second ultimate that enhances movement speed, reload speed, rate of fire and ability CDs for all players that enter the ult’s long and wide path. Leaving the area of the ultimate also gives you 2 seconds lingering effects
This is not a post to criticise Kiriko (though she does need nerfs here and there). It’s mainly to point out a concerning trend regarding Mercy in OW2. She is undoubtedly the worst support in OW2 and is set to become even worse as her niches get filled up by another support.
Meanwhile, Blizzard is still intent on modifying and reiterating a tech that never needed fiddling with.