"Kiriko is Dps-Friendly"

Not the same thing, but that’s like saying Soldier: 76 is a hybrid with biotic field. To an extent you could say that. Is JTQ a hybrid?

I think they will leave because they didn’t get a hero which defends against flankers.

Oh she will be fun. But she ONLY has teleport as anti flanker, and it is on long cooldown.

There is no way in hell people will be able to use the Kunai on fast moving small targets to any effect. She will be flanker food.

And so she won’t be played in the mid ranks.

We needed a hero which would help with the queue times in Mid, and she won’t.

2 Likes

Probably but being vulnerable is something you’d kinda expect from a support with strong utility otherwise they’d be super strong. If her kunai are similar in speed to Zen I can see you’re point about being flanker food. But imagine how much stronger Zen would be if he had a teleport :woozy_face:

2 Likes

Blizz heard everyone loved the Roadhog archetype and decided to make more? Gotta have healers available for priority pass seekers

When are we getting a support that can hack or clone, I thought support is supposed to be about utility - damage Buff / debuff has kinda been done to death.

4 Likes

I’m just being cranky. Maybe Kiriko will be awesome. Battle healers are probably more useful in OW2 than healbots any way

1 Like

I get that.

If her weapons we good against flankers on top of everything else, she would be OP. But, I don’t think we are going to see her played much a month after release.

Echo was similar. Sombra was as well. Some heroes are like that. Every review from GMs playing her says "she is hard as hell, and low and mid ranked players won’t get value from her. "

You need to hit your shots with her, and people in mid just won’t.

I get where you are trying to go…but I have to point out Soldier is one of the highest damage heroes in the game. I think only Bastion can put out more damage. :wink:

Kiriko looks to kind of like Zen in healing/dps sense. She will heal, and is supportive, but is also has the damage side.

Personally, I think most people’s issue is fear.

1. Support players fearing having to step into a style they do not care for.
  2. General player fear of the dps players playing her and just focusing on damage and not healing.

With so much being unknown those fears are present. And when Blizzard says something that could be taken as confirmation of that fear people latch onto it as proof that their fear will come true.

It all boils down to not enough information and just wild speculation.

Well if it holds true that she is the widow of supports I think you can be sure that low ranked players will try to force her in situations even when she doesn’t work at all :rofl: . And if what I think is more likely that she’s actually the new Genji of supports then expect to see her a bit more lol.

1 Like

I’m not sure if that is better or worse :wink:

I mean, Widow is in bottom 7 picks up till Plat. So while it may feel like they always take her, they don’t :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You have to keep in mind a decent portion of the player base is at a level where people are completely dependent on healing to survive and supports are capable of one mode of operation at a time.

I still think that’s too high :woozy_face:

1 Like

Flip side: in the ranks where this is true, the flankers also won’t be able to hit a wall-climbing, teleporting support with enough consistency to cause a serious problem.

1 Like

I’m certain she is going to be. She’s already the first support to get an actual cinematic, and she isn’t released yet.

1 Like

I’m excited to play her. My problem is putting her on the battle pass and not JQ and sojourn. Why does the first support hero get paywalled but not the first damage and tank heroes? They could have waited till the next hero.

1 Like

As to the question of whether Kiriko is the right choice to be OW2’s first new support, I absolutely think the answer is yes.

Because she is emblematic of the way the support role is going to have to change it’s focus (primarily at lower ranks, true). Healbot isn’t going to be nearly as effective in OW2. One less tank to pump mindless heals into to generate ults, and a heavy emphasis on needing to support DPS and yes, deal damage to help keep red team from off angles and flanks.

Healbot supports aren’t going to have nearly as much success anymore, that’s just the reality of the game state. Kiriko is a firm reminder of that new truth.

You post on the forum, so you own(ed) OW1 at some point. Which means she’s not on the BP for you, she’s free.

So, they DID wait for the next one.

1 Like

surprisingly kiriko is one of the few good things in recent memory. the more i understand her kit, the more i like it. i think she’s absolutely DPS-bait like queen and hog. as in the main focus of this specific hero isn’t really in line with their role (e.g. kiriko is utility and dps before heals, queen is dps and utility before tanking) and would appeal to players outside of that role.

when we saw her abilities teased i remember saying that she does a lot but probably won’t do all that very well - “jack of all trades, master of none”

to avoid being too OP from all the bases she covers, her actual power will be spread thin (small direct heals, not-great direct damage, meh mobility on cooldown) and i think at the minimum her ult will be nerfed within 2 seasons tops. imagine flanking, headshotting an enemy mercy slightly out of position, then TPing to your genji to pop ult just before your ana does. just think about the teams you three alone could run through.

but i am a bit worried that her kit will cause snowballing in matches and tempt new players to focus solely on the flank/dmg capabilities while forgetting about heals. so many people on this forum loathe moiras who do that but are jumping for joy when kirikos will likely do the same thing lmao

and to avoid the feeling of k taking other supports’ jobs (e.g. moira) i think older supports need to be looked at. fade needs to be on a far smaller CD if we wanna enter flankwatch. for dive 2.0 ana’s dmg and heals need to be instant when she’s hardscoped (i’m ok with hipfire numbers being nerfed slightly for this)
or yknow we could just come up with a new hero that does the same thing as ana x [other support] x [DPS hero] please give us another scoped healer

if support self-sufficiency is the new direction, fine, but more of them (aside from maybe brig, but give her bash back) need to be given this opportunity.

3 Likes

Supports are second class citizens to Blizzard :smiling_face_with_tear:

8 Likes

Ok, I thought that only worked if you brought the founder’s pack first. I guess I missed that detail.