Kiriko is better at pocketing than Mercy

I saw some gameplay but not much. 7 second cooldown though, right? So, math? 1 second slower than Moira fade and no self-heal over time like Moira? I’ll have to watch some more vid.

Mercy can pocket heal and damage boost pretty much from a place of complete safety (at least good Mercys can do that). To get full value from a Kiriko (pocket heal, suzu and damage) she has to play more forward and in more danger which is riskier. They are just different heroes. Go figure.

People on the forums often fall into the trap of seeing everything as zero sum. It’s not. All the heroes have situational strengths and weaknesses.

5 Likes

check the math again, 2 sheets is 23 healing, to get healing per second you divide it by 1.7 However this number is too high, no way her rate of fire is that low. More likely her cast is every .5 seconds, reload averaged over her entire ammo capacity would add something like .05, or .55 if you add them together.

Kiriko is an ok sustain healer, but she has no healing burst potential that I know if, not like Ana/Bap or Moria. Kiriko’s healing is more in line with Zen/Mercy and serves a similar role as a support hero. Kiriko does have powerful utility, but it is not the type of utility you want from a pocket, I think she might work well with Dive, but she is too fragile for poke.

1 Like

Nothing new, Kiriko was born to kill Mercy, this is how the devs and the OW Team have completely killed her in OW2.

Can us Mercy mains chill about this?

Kiriko’s healing does have some limitations compared to Mercy’s beam.

Apart from those given early access, the rest of us haven’t even started playing and evaluating firsthand.

3 Likes

It might be even higher than that.

Mercy remains the undisputed best pocket.

She’s the definition of a pocket with how reliable her healing is.

And don’t forget the blue beam. Damage boosting is half of the pocketing experience, if not more.

And if your pocket dies, you rez it.

Mercy can dedicate her entire kit to 1 person.

2 Likes

Mercy is getting a nice skin in the Battlepass therefore she needs no buffs or rework. Stop complaining :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Do the devs really think all Mercy players care about is aesthetics?

I’m not too concerned about comparisons between other supports as long as Mercy is actually viable. I think it’s clear she is in a bad spot. I’m not a Mercy main but I love having the option of picking any character from the roster and being able to contribute.

1 Like

This brings a tear to my eye that people are actually not so blind and can see what blizzard is doing. :slightly_smiling_face:

Mercy’s battle pass skin isn’t pretty… it’s ugly and halfheartedly modeled after OW1.

Kiriko is in the free BP, not need to buy premium.

Mercy has flight and resurrection but
NOOOOOO THE GRASS IS GREENER OVER THERE. :cry: :sob:
:sob: :cry:
:crying_cat_face:

Mercy mains everyone.

2 Likes

10? I thought it was five, or does she shoot two per ammo?

Yeah but our headshots do 40 dmg. That’s how much Kiriko does with bodyshots. Buff Mercy’s gun.

Please give Mercy a Desert Eagle. It is a great personal defense weapon for young women. Would fit her perfectly.

8 Likes

Oh but there is a reason for that.

She doesn’t have to aim. Kiriko does.

There you go.

2 Likes

ive been watching some streamer gameplay videos and saw one where they were pocketing a doomfist and they looked pretty unstoppable but in uncoordinated play (average solo queue quickgame) i do wonder it will be worth it to play risky like that

Hmm, she’d still have that pesky weapon swap delay, though. Better to replace Mercy’s left hand with a Desert Eagle, imo.

2 Likes

I hope they reduce her ultimate charge required so she could valk more often and maybe give her 60 HPS back

Maybe also try out the 1 second lingering effect of the healing/damage boosting, so she could multi task to a certain degree like other supports

1 Like

That’s a lie… All Kiriko needs is to carelessly hover her crosshair at an ally and the rest is autoaim. It doesn’t really take much more skill than Mercy’s healing beam

Burst, she can, but that isn’t sustained.

She can burst higher than Mercy, but sustained much lower because of reload times.

Mercy’s beam only need to be close enough for a fraction of a second, and then stays connected.

If you can’t keep your hairs on the target, you miss with Kiriko’s later shots.

Watch the t500 streams of them playing, they miss quite a bit themselves.

2 Likes