Kinda worried that Devs are not hyping June 16th enough

i think its a forum “engine” thing

Please have some more respect for National Fudge Day.

3 Likes

Oh hey look it was premature to worry about this a week early I wonder if someone said that wowwee.

To be fair, every time we get an update, these forums will find something to complain about it no matter how small, so it is best for them to wait.

3 Likes

If this is your response, then it’s clear you weren’t going to care anyway :joy:

3 Likes

Maybe I’m not understanding, I’m also not a data scientist, but this seems like the type of feedback you will listen to is feedback that has volume. What about feedback that might affect a smaller group of people, like a minority group, or someone asking for accessibility options. How does the community convey the importance of something if it only affects a certain group of people, who may not have the important real estate on the forums to get that message across.

We can consolidate feedback in one place, we can give examples of where this feedback is listened to in other games, we can try and explain how important it is to the larger community, or we can beg and plead. However if I understand what you said above correctly, feedback like this wont show up on their radar.

2 Likes

Please Andy, if I’m on the right track with these clues about a new hero, stay silent and don’t reply to this message :alien:

Nah the game will release with at least 3 new heroes

What does that even mean? I was genuinely curious, but Blizzard has made it clear they don’t care.

1 Like

You as an individual are capable of raising an issue. The forums are also capable of raising an issue; what the forums are not capable of is speaking to what the broader community considers an issue because they are not a representative sample of the broader community.

What this means in simple terms is that you can only speak for yourself and that even when you have an opinion that is shared by the broad majority of the forums it does NOT mean it is shared by the majority of the playerbase. For context this means the argument “The forums really like this idea so it is popular with the playerbase” is not a cogent argument, but, using your post as an example, if you can make a persuasive argument, then that alone is a good enough form of feedback to be seen without relying on claiming the backing of a broader group of players than these can reach.

2 Likes

Based on? The multiple blogs about how the beta went, the data from the beta, how they design heroes, the constant blogs, video updates, and communication? The only thing they did not do is make random posts everyday going “hey guys there is this announcement coming and this is your daily announcement of the announcement” which is just silly. They already announced the announcement, they do not to keep announcing the announcement as once will do.

Why does that matter? Twitch is full of trolls anyways

And the spammers, yikes

Follow the reply thread.

I’m hoping they don’t expect a long commitment from us (though I appreciated that watching the 4 hour stream guaranteed access) to get into the next beta phase, my internet doesn’t always co-operate and I desperately want to spend that day playing Shredder’s Revenge.

It was stupid to pull down the beta quite frankly.

When did they say they only plan for upgrades in hero mode?

When they announced it. They outright said the talent tree and everything else is for the PvE progression side only (which was hero mode though campaign may have its own similar thing which honestly was another thing that reminded me of Starcraft). In no way would they ever let those upgrades anywhere near the PvP.

People are talking about Boarderlands and L4D and while those are probably apt for the core gameplay loop the structure seems to have been copied over, at least in the 2019 template, from the SC2 campaign.

I am aware that the upgrades were never intended for PvP, but when was it said that they would specifically only be used in hero missions, as opposed to story missions?

….for years now you guys have hyped things that weren’t exciting at all. So not sure what you’re talking about trying to act like you haven’t hyped anything that was a complete let down for most people.

2 Likes

Bahaha, no you weren’t. You were clearly just trying to bait him into giving you a reason to whinge and complain.