Kill role Q but put in hero bans

This is basically 1-3-2 lol, if they pick 3 tanks then only one dps or support. It’ll make even more harder to balance what they still have problem to, because a support will become a must pick for being able to heal 3 tanks and if they go 2-2-2 it’ll become a mess of unbalanced heroes, they’ll do too much damage, too much tanking and too much healing.
Role queue is a base, something solid that they can use to make balancing more easy.

but they hardly balanced these past 4 seasons of role q at all, and the match making was somehow even worse

besides maybe two bans a game, players will have even more freedom to play what heroes they want to from tank, dps and support roles. not sure why people think balancing 321 and 222 together is too much when balancing 222 still isn’t close to done

we dont need op combos anymore liek that that is why rolequeue system was put into place to stop overpowered teams

well its certainly been an epic fail to say the least

too bad an individual’s control over impacting a game was greatly sacrificed for it, too

Oh really? Then what make you think it’ll make more easy to balance that?
They have yet to buff, nerf and rework a bunch of heroes and even add other to the cast meaning even more buffs/nerfs, adding 1-3-2 will only delay the need of many heroes to get what they deserve, bcs half of the cast if not all will need a complete analysis in their kit and the impact they do in game to make sure that 1 dps can’t 1v6 with his damage, a support can’t heal 5 teammates making them immortal and the tanks don’t become bullet proof.

Jeff wrote today that they arent working on hero bans and arent in favor of them at this time, for multiple reasons

Jeff did not say that today. jeff said he was not for hero bans in the game a while ago, the mod just posted Jeff’s older opinion about it again now. Hero bans have not been ruled out, but signs do point that some other big change is coming very soon.

EDIT: ok nevermind I just saw Jeff’s response. give it another year and we will get bans i bet u. even if it’s just in owl

Yeahhh… no that’s not happening bro. Maybe when mass rez comes back…

More like regained all hope.

His shield is made of tissue paper. Definitely not a main tank

winston shield is bigger and has more health than orisa shield, who gonna tell orisa she isn’t a main tank?

1 Like

And Hammond is a main tank? Lol

Winston definitely is a main tank in dive, not in double shield because, well, he doesn’t work in that way

What’s next? Remove barriers and buff damage? Give Genji back triple jump and blade uptime? Give Nanoboost movement speed back?

You know what why don’t we just revert Brig and Sigma into their 1.0 states and Mercy into her 2.0 state while were ruining and killing the game with horrible ideas to begin with :joy:

A the same old i want to carry i want to be impactfull, me me me, this is a yeam based game, you want to be impact then work together with your team and help the whole team be impactful

Now everyones Shield (except Reinhardts) is made of tissue paper. He can easily be a Main-Tank
Orisa -> 600 HP Barrier
Winston -> 700 HP Barrier
Sigma -> 900 HP Barrier
Reinhardt -> 1700 HP Barrier

1 Like

Not sure how that avoids GOATs? The OWL meta eventually devolved into one triple pick, a double, and a single with the comp being Rein/Zarya/Sombra/Lucio/Brigitte/Zen. This idea would bring GOATs straight back into the meta.

banning rein or lucio would pretty much shut down goats comps. hence the hero bans. players would maybe try forcing goats anyway for attacking a point in the first fight only and then swap

sounds smart. just skimmed through. i agree role Q and bans cannot co exist (unless there is like double the heroes)

condition 2 sounds interesting, prob better for a post update after u already implemented bans tho.
condition 3,4 are whatever. i feel like condition 5/bans will fix those problems and prob aren’t needed. (if its a problem then yea rework mei)

condition 6 is the norm for ban systems.

1 Like

isnt that why bans are a thing tho. like u dont even need that system. brig enables goats. ban brig and no goats. the only other comp they could do is quad tank with moria but u can counter that easily. and goats without brig is bad anyway. (need that no skill double aura healing)

hes main tank for dive comps. not standard slow push anchor comps. fights are suppose to be fast for dive comps to work. if u ever played season 4 than half the time winston barrier will still be up by the end of the fight.