Kicked out during a competitive game, your servers are messed up

This happens all the time and all the time my internet works fine.
What’s wrong you don’t have servers?

The SR penalty because your IT support staff is pure incompetence at this point.

Happens all the time, to tons of people around me, including me.
There’s some guides online to open some ports on your router, to stop some software - basically to groom your PC to the very last inch to Overwatch and leave all other software stopped or deleted (which is stupid by itself).

Did that and a lot more - doesn’t help, once in a while you just gonna get kicked, either because a single packet out of a billion got dropped along the way or because you don’t have a NASA like internet.

Either way Blizzard support’s competence’s limits are “Restart your game client”, “Restart your PC”, so you’re better off just considering that “Customer support” doesn’t exist and trying to fix it yourself or with the help of community.

I’ve had FPS issues for years and the supports went “Restart this”, “Update your drivers” until a forum member helped me with some BIOS and in-game settings.

Today I can’t log in on Battle net at all. I can play any online game I have and my internet is optical 100mbps and yet Battle net goes “We can’t log you in”. And if this happens in Competitive - you’re penalized immediately. :slight_smile:

Yup, Bliz are extremely friendly.

1 Like

Their server are offline. You can’t run any game from the Battle-net launcher. 99,99% of the time, the problem is from their server, don’t ruin your pc trying useless fix.

I can be a Blizzard support too, btw:

I’m sorry to hear you have this problem and I am happy to work with you further to resolve this issue. May I please have your confirmation that you are having troubles with your internet connection when playing Overwatch?

• No. No! N.O. I get DCd. My internet is fully UP and running and speedtest is perfect, I just lose the connection and then go back in.

Thank you for sharing that information with me. So just to confirm - you are experiencing internet connectivity issues?

• Guys. No.

Thank you for sharing that information with me. Could you try restarting your PC, then your router and disconnecting every and any device that could be connected to your router. Then stop and uninstall every software from your PC that is not published by Blizzard and try again.

• But… sigh. Okay. I did it - nothing is changed.

Your ticket status has been changed to: Resolved.
A small survey will follow so you can tell us how we did.
Thank you for contacting Blizzard support

But a speedtest doesn’t have anything to do with how stable your connection to the servers is. Instead, you should be looking at a WinMTR. Here’s an explanation from the staff in their sticky threads:

Drakuloth

I have a high speed connection, so why is my latency so high?

When your ISP advertises connection speed - they are talking about bandwidth. Bandwidth is a measure of how quickly data can be downloaded and uploaded. If you imagine data moving like water flow, a high bandwidth connection is like having a wide pipe for the water to flow into your house instead of a tiny one. As long as there’s enough pressure, you can get a lot of water really quickly like this.

Latency on the other hand measures how quickly you receive information, no matter your bandwidth. In this metaphor, high latency would be something causing the pressure to drop. Maybe you’ve got a good pipe going into your house, but there’s a leak somewhere in the city water supply, or a clog in a pipe feeding your apartment complex. You still have the ability to receive as much data as advertised, but you aren’t because there’s something delaying the flow of that information. When we investigate high latency, we have to find out what’s causing you to get your information slowly.

Full post here: Common Technical Issues and Solutions - #11

Test link: WinMTR

I’ve seen that post, and I’ve been shoved with this WinMTR software from the support before.

No problems arose with WinMTR whatsoever.

I’ve never had high latency (or lag of any sorts). I’m playing the game with steady FPS and Latency of around 60ish ms.

And I suddenly go to “Rejoin Game” screen on the main menu. I Rejoin immediately. Problem is that it only ever happens on Competitive and only in the first like 20 seconds of setup (while picking Characters), which without making any sense in the world is a time where you are immediately and severely punished with 50 SR and not given even 10 seconds to come back to the game.

It happens to a lot of people I’ve spoken to - only in competitive, only in the first couple of seconds. I’m playing since season 1 and never had it happen in Quick Play or Arcade or something.

I was just wondering if you’re being routed different during Comp play, is all, which might point to the issue.

1 Like

Exactly what happened to me. I’m too afraid to even play competitive any more since it happened. I know it’s not my PC and Blizzard assures us it’s not them, which means there is likely an issue on the way there. I’m not sure they could do anything about it either way, it seems like a “tough luck” situation.

To me, it didn’t feel like a disconnect because there was no buffer. Usually when a disconnect happens in a game you won’t know for 5-10 seconds before the game kicks you. I didn’t get that when this happened, it was more like the match itself kicked me instantly and wouldn’t let me rejoin.

Yes, there is no buffer. And no, it shouldn’t be “on the way there”, since it happens to tons of people. I am grouping up with like 10ish more people and it happens randomly to all of them once in a while. Different countries, different everything.

And the fact that it only ever happens in Comp is also a point that it’s an Overwatch problem.

The whole problem is 100% solved by just letting the people have 30 seconds (or so) to come back to the game. If they don’t - go ahead and cancel it. But why cancel it and punish them immediately?

That’s what I’m trying to get a statement on from Blizzard, but all I’ve achieved is weird unbelievable out-of-this-world statements from their “Customer Support”.

2 Likes