Kicked from a game despite internet being fine, suspended?

This is another part of my current saga of dealing with insane lag spikes right now.

Earlier today, I was with a full stack LFG group, we were all on a win streak in our goal of trying to climb out/back out of Bronze together despite my struggling with lat as high as 600 regularly and sometimes even higher, causing me to walk off cliffs, ledges, into walls and even backwards into pursuing enemies if I’m not frozen on the spot for about five seconds, but still seeing myself shooting at the enemies that actually killed me eons ago.

Even though my latency was fine at the time (I average about 40), suddenly, at the start of a game, I get disconnected.

I check my internet connection, it’s fine. But I was just disconnected from Overwatch and ONLY Overwatch.

I don’t think that much of it at first, it’s annoying, I get it regularly and jump straight back into games, even though sometimes it takes longer than others and sometimes the rejoin fails.

But because this was at the start of a match, the match is canceled. My rejoin option tries to take me back to a game that’s shutting down. Not sure what’s so different this time apart from that in relation to all the other times, but it counts as me leaving despite me rejoining with my group.

10 minute suspension. Our group breaks up, I lose SR I worked hard to gain and we end our winning streaks.

So now, I have a question:
Why do you have such bad connections on the Europe servers for MONTHS and at the same time, dole out punishments like this for faults at YOUR end of the connection?

If this happens again, I’ll get an automatic 30 mins suspension. It will kill ANY group I join and it could stop me from playing comp altogether and fixing my broken rank, in case it happens again.

Is there at least some sort of appeal system where I can get that suspension taken off my account history? Because, I guarantee, it is NOTHING on my end causing this. It’s happened to other players I group up with or play against on Europe servers, too.

Fixing these random lag spikes and disconnects would obviously be the best prevention for this miscarriage of justice, but secondary to that, an appeals process would at least give some victims of this mess hope that it can be undone.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/multiple-people-complaining-about-server-disconnects/

Nope, no appeals. No refunds. Nothing. They expect you to wait out the suspension and grind back the SR.

Well that sucks. It happened to me on console, too and I recorded evidence in the hope I could get an appeal. Guess not.

I’ve tried to see if I could fix it on my end just in case I’m wrong, but even with a trial GPN I still get lag up to the thousands and regular catastrophic packet loss. It’s definitely worse than it was a few weeks ago, too.